The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Majesty

It's a wonderful photo, and it's nice to see that Andrew is still involved with photography.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 'behind the scenes photo' of the Queen with the Earl and Countess was lovely to see,I was trying to figure out which room it was photographed in!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did Prince Andrew learn any photography techniques from his uncle, Antony Armstrong-Jones? Lord Snowdon had photography as a career.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Andrew is brushing up on his photography skills in case he needs to find new source of income when the Epstein story is fully agitated. Perhaps HM is going to pay him to take photos of Royal events, to get him started.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew has always been a keen amateur photographer. He might have learnt some skills from Snowden or the other famous photographer in the family, Lord Lichfield.

In 2002 The Queen chose 50 photos of her to put on display at Windsor Castle as part of the Golden Jubilee and a few of them were done by Andrew. They seemed as good as any others that were there in my humble opinion.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Don't forget The Queen is also an amateur photographer. Although, we haven't seen a camera in her hand in many years.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The 'behind the scenes photo' of the Queen with the Earl and Countess was lovely to see,I was trying to figure out which room it was photographed in!
The photo was taken in the Queen's private apartments at Buckingham Palace.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

My apologies if this isn't the right thread for this.

Harry hits the slopes! Prince dons helmet and goggles as he joins cousins Beatrice and Eugenie on luxury Alpine ski break | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Prince Andrew has a home there, the Danish royals visit each year and now Prince Harry has joined the well-heeled crowds in Verbier.

The 30-year-old was pictured skiing in the Swiss resort with a group including cousins Princess Eugenie, in a blue jacket with black helmet, and Beatrice, 26, in a white jacket and grey helmet.

Eugenie, 24, wrapped up in a bright blue ski jacket and salopettes while Harry, 30, looked sporty in a black ski jacket and beige trousers.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Another holiday then for Beatrice and she wants us to take her seriously. If she was genuinely looking for a job she would be in London looking - or is she hoping to get a job in Switzerland now?

It's a joke she doesn't want to work and she doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Well, if she wants a job in Finance then Switzerland is the place to go!

I actually admire her pluck for going on a 4th vacation in 6 weeks. I love when royals thumb their noses at the media. ha ha

She's a private citizen; she can spend her time leisurely if she wants.

Also, I like how close Harry is to the Yorks. He seems closer to them than to his immediate family. He's like Andrew's and Fergie's third child. It's sweet.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Also, I like how close Harry is to the Yorks. He seems closer to them than to his immediate family. He's like Andrew's and Fergie's third child. It's sweet.
Harry is very close to both his father and brother, and to Kate.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

I've just realised, I can't remember the last time William and Catherine went skiing, in fact I don't remember them skiing at all! Obviously with a toddler and a baby on the way we wouldn't see them, but I have I missed something?
ETA, ok I think they last went back in 2012!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I actually admire her pluck for going on a 4th vacation in 6 weeks. I love when royals thumb their noses at the media. ha ha

She's a private citizen; she can spend her time leisurely if she wants.

Like Andrew and Fergie's third child ? Golly I hope not aghhhh

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Like Andrew and Fergie's third child ? Golly I hope not aghhhh

He is a redhead....

Not much wrong with Beatrice skiing now as alot of people going skiing during this time of year. Its also not that expensive for Beatrice now her dad owns a place out there. All she will be doing is paying for flights and ski pass. She is a free citizen anyway, even if her sister works more. It's ski season now with the royals anyway. Edward and Sophie have nothing on as its their kids half term and they will likely be skiing in St Moritz, as they do every year. Its the time of year for it.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Andrew has always been a keen amateur photographer. He might have learnt some skills from Snowden or the other famous photographer in the family, Lord Lichfield.
If he did, none of them are evident in this most recent photo. Anyone with a half-decent entry level DSLR camera could have taken that one using automatic settings.

Quote:
Well she's got a house in Switzerland now, so maybe she is planning on basing herself there.

Quote:
This could be it.

Quote:
Yep, they can be entertaining when they do that. The apparently sweet-dispositioned princess may have a hitherto-hidden defiant streak.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It is also very possible that they're all convening together to celebrate Andrew's 55th birthday on the 19th. Sometimes schedules can't all mesh together for the actual date so they plan close to the birth date.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-14-2015, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Yorks and Harry have celebrated Andrew's birthday regularly at this time of the year. A couple of years ago Cressida also joined them. Harry is the only royal who ever seems to be seen these days with the York's when The Queen isn't around. He regularly parties at the same place as the girls whereas William and Kate are rarely seen in public with any other royals except, when the Queen is present.

I am no longer sold on William being that close to his royal relatives at all - he spends most of his time now with his in-laws.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I am no longer sold on William being that close to his royal relatives at all - he spends most of his time now with his in-laws.
I do think that Harry is very close with his father and his brother and Kate but I think marriage has changed a bit on how they interact with each other. Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie are still single and dash off to parties and weekends. William has graduated into the young marrieds with diapers, Tommy the Train and play dates. Its the way things happen I think. I went from nightclubbing and parties to card games being interrupted by a infant that needs a diaper change or a bottle or whatnot.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-14-2015, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Well given the change in situation, namely that William is now a married man with a child, I would not be surprised to see him spending more time with Zara and Peter and at gatherings that seems to be a trend.

As to holidays, I think William has inherited his love of the sun from his mum and the fact that his wife's family annually holiday in the sun is really fortuitous. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a photo of William and Harry on the slopes.

Harry has always loved spending time with his cousins and they all still mix together and invariably meet up in Verbier. Harry seems to make a point to be there for his uncle Andy's birthday so I guess he must get along well with Sarah as well. Either way it seems to be an annual ritual that he keeps if he can.

But bottom line, Harry seems to be more of a diehard skier than a sun worshipper and with his red hair I can understand that!