The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I would be very surprised if there was no royal representation. Charles could go as he doesn't attend every day of Ascot, whereas the Queen and Philip generally do.

It also seems that Edward and Sophie will be there for the Queen's reception for their charities on 10th February.

Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h5 hours ago
The Wessex reception is, I'm told,a belated 50th b/day party for the Countess and a sign of how fond Queen is of her youngest son & his wife

Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.
Yes, they will attend that event. "Her Majesty, accompanied by The Earl and The Countess, will meet key supporters, staff, volunteers and alumnus from the charities of which The Earl and Countess are patron or president, as well as representatives from TRHs' various military appointments. "
According to Rebecca from Daily Mail: The Wessex reception is, I'm told,a belated 50th b/day party for the Countess and a sign of how fond Queen is of her youngest son & his wife.
It is not listed in their diary, but in the Queen's, most likely because it is something for them. Though it may appear in their diaries later on.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Courtier

https://www.facebook.com/hrhthedukeo...896042/?type=1
Old 02-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Gorgeous photo ...
Old 02-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

A very nice picture of the Queen with her youngest son and daughter-in-law.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
A very nice picture of the Queen with her youngest son and daughter-in-law.
Much mention has been made in the Forums of Sophie looking young for her age – but really, so does Edward. A lovely pic and thanks to Annaelfka for finding it. And lovely that Andrew put it on his FB page. And the comments underneath are extremely positive.

Also, nice to see P Andrew at the reception too.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Courtier

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Queen's reception celebrating the patronages and affiliations of The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Old 02-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

It is such a lovely photo as we rarely see the Windsors in private - it's nice that it wasn't an "official" photo and one taken by a family member.

Andrew posted a very short instagram video of the evening as well. Video. It's nice that Andrew was there. The British Monarchy twitter also posted a video of Edward and Sophie's speeches Speech.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Andrew loads family photo onto Facebook - Telegraph

Quote:
It was taken in one of the Queen's private rooms in Buckingham Palace ahead of a reception for charities supported by the Earl and Countess to mark the couple's 50th birthdays.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Serene Highness

The Duke of York uploaded a photo that apparently he took, of Edward, Sophie and the Queen, to Facebook today. https://www.facebook.com/hrhthedukeo...type=1&theater

He also posted a short video on Instagram!
Instagram
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Well it seems Andrew's response to the Epstein controversy is to reach out to the world via social media and publish family snaps, though I cannot begin to guess at his reasoning.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Well it seems Andrew's response to the Epstein controversy is to reach out to the world via social media and publish family snaps, though I cannot begin to guess at his reasoning.

I think it's pretty plain ..I'm going to carry on as normal and show I'm part of the family and I'm good brother and son. Not sure everyone will buy it
Me personally .. I feel this a lovely thing the Queen did for Sophie and Edward and Andrew gate crashed it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

I doubt that Andrew gate-crashed at all. His mother and brother were there after all and the family don't go to events with their mother unless invited. I like the fact that Andrew posted a photo of his younger brother and mother - just like normal people do - he shared a family moment and why shouldn't he do so.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:44 AM
Administrator

Photography is another hobby that Andrew is well known for and since many of his pictures have been published [what comes to mind is the pic of Sarah and a baby Beatrice sitting on a bed and a picture of the Queen for one of her birthday's] ....I don't think its a big deal that he took a pics of HIS mother, brother and sister in law before an event.

As for the thought that he gate crashed ? Considering that in another thread we discussed Andrew and Edward running down the halls of BP when they were younger, and how he basically grew up there...I would hardly consider him an unwelcome visitor.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Royal Highness

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I doubt that Andrew gate-crashed at all. His mother and brother were there after all and the family don't go to events with their mother unless invited. I like the fact that Andrew posted a photo of his younger brother and mother - just like normal people do - he shared a family moment and why shouldn't he do so.

Goodness I didn't mean he gate crashed by going when not invited LOL I meant press paying attention to Andrew and not Sophie IMO

I must remember to explain more it seems. I often hear and use the term gate crashed to describe someone taking the attention away from another
Old 02-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

ITN Source video

I was taken aback that Sophie Ellis Bextor greeted Edward with just "Hello Edward"...are they friends?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Goodness I didn't mean he gate crashed by going when not invited LOL I meant press paying attention to Andrew and not Sophie IMO

I must remember to explain more it seems. I often hear and use the term gate crashed to describe someone taking the attention away from another

The most common definition for gate crashing is attending an event without an invite. I never seen it used as sort of a stealing the spotlight phrase. But words has different meanings around the world.

Maybe Andrew could have posted the picture after the event. The event wouldn't have gotten much coverage anyways from the press.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Oh dear lord, he shared a pic. And great that he did. It's nice that they are supportive of each other, and that he attended the event as well. After all they are a family in first place. I bet if that would be Kate with George snapped by William, people would be floored.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Her Majesty The Queen gave a reception to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of The Earl and Countess of Wessex at Buckingham Palace. The Queen, accompanied by The Earl and The Countess, met key supporters, staff, volunteers and alumnus from the charities of which The Earl and Countess are Patron or President, as well as representatives from TRHs' various military appointments. .

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

It is wonderful that the Duke of York captured a tęte-ŕ-tęte en cercle famille. You can see the Queen having a softer, less stern look: she was looking to her own boy. Also nice to have a peek into the private part of the residence.

Closed Thread