The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

The Queen's Young Leaders
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Pr...ngLeaders.aspx

Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
On 10 February, The Queen will give a reception to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of The Earl & Countess of Wessex.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Edward has 67 patronages. Sophie has slightly more with 75. Together they created the Wessex Youth Trust.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.
I'm just guessing the Wessex's would attend, but if not, I'll move my post to The Queen's Current Events.

The number of patronages are interesting. I guess it depends on their interest.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-29-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Why would the Queen do this?
Old 01-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm just guessing the Wessex's would attend, but if not, I'll move my post to The Queen's Current Events.

The number of patronages are interesting. I guess it depends on their interest.
I would have imagined the Wessex's would attend but found it odd how it wasn't listed in the CC for them to attend. They will likely attend but not as an engagement.

Edward said in an interview that he avoided a lot of patronages such as children, animals and disease because they get enough coverage basically. I do agree with his thought process, it's just funny how his wife uses all three of those topics for the majority of her patronages.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Why would the Queen do this?
I guess she was to celebrate to Wessex's work and meet some of their charitable officials and workers.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

But if she does it for one, she'll have to do it for all...
Not a bad idea, but why start with the Wessexs?
Old 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
But if she does it for one, she'll have to do it for all...
Not a bad idea, but why start with the Wessexs?

Because they are probably the two most undervalued royals ever?
The Queen doesn't have to do it for all, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Henry get a lot of publicity for what they do. Sophie made the papers last week for her 50th birthday and I can't remember the last time Edward was there.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

No they may not need it, and I agree that Sophie is undervalued, but the others deserve it too, IMO.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought the Queen did this for everyone...
Old 01-29-2015, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen has certainly done something similar before, she hosted such an even for one of Anne's significant birthdays and that's just the one I Can think of off the top of my head.

Edit- it was Anne's 50th I'd seen a video from
Old 01-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Her Majesty has done this for the Prince's Trust and (if I remember correctly) even for Princess Anne's charities.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh good- then she has done this for others. No problem then. I didn't realize . Sorry...
Old 01-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Queen has certainly done something similar before, she hosted such an even for one of Anne's significant birthdays and that's just the one I Can think of off the top of my head.

Edit- it was Anne's 50th I'd seen a video from
That was a really nice video clip. I thought the Queen had done this for the others so not surprised she is doing it for her youngest son and his wife now.

Perhaps she is doing it in honour of their 50th birthdays last year and this year.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royals to honour the 200th anniversary of Waterloo victory with a service at St Paul's-
The royal family will attend a service at St Paul's Cathedral to remember Waterloo | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royals to honour the 200th anniversary of Waterloo victory with a service at St Paul's-
The royal family will attend a service at St Paul's Cathedral to remember Waterloo | Royal | News | Daily Express
The article says "It's hoped" that royals will join. No confirmation.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen does have a prior engagement on the 18th June though - Royal Ascot. It is the Thursday of that meeting and she always attends Ascot. It is the Gold Cup Day and the day on which many of the royal ladies attend.

That is going to be one busy week for the royals in the UK.

Saturday - Trooping the Colour (other royals will probably be in Sweden for the royal wedding)

Tuesday - Saturday - Royal Ascot

And add to that the 800th anniversary for Magna Carta and the 200th of Waterloo.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Wasn't there an event last year that The Queen did in the morning and then went to Ascot, or am I getting mixed up?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Queen does have a prior engagement on the 18th June though - Royal Ascot. It is the Thursday of that meeting and she always attends Ascot. It is the Gold Cup Day and the day on which many of the royal ladies attend.

That is going to be one busy week for the royals in the UK.

Saturday - Trooping the Colour (other royals will probably be in Sweden for the royal wedding)

Tuesday - Saturday - Royal Ascot

And add to that the 800th anniversary for Magna Carta and the 200th of Waterloo.
And JSYK, I'm pretty sure there will be some Royal presence at the Magna Carta thing. IIRC, Robert Hardy was confirmed- and there was mention of possible or rather probable Royal presence. I don't know if RH will be at the Queen's reception for the Magna Carta on 23 Feb *- wouldn't be surprised- - hope so!
*- Think that was the date.

Closed Thread