The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mace @RoyaleVision · Jan 10
Prince Charles & Prince William to attend the centennial of the Battle of Gallipoli in Çanakkale in late April (?)
ANN/Groong -- ISTANBUL:
Really? Late april.... That seems odd!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

It would seem odd to me to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli landings at any time other than late April. Or is it that you mean it would be odd for William, in particular, to be in Turkey on about 25th April?

I'm not sure precisely when Kate is expected to give birth, but I'm fairly sure that if she hasn't had the baby before 23rd April, or whenever they are scheduled to depart, and the birth is imminent, William probably won't be catching the plane. Or maybe he will, since Kate's the one having the baby, not him.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It would seem odd to me to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli landings at any time other than late April. Or is it that you mean it would be odd for William, in particular, to be in Turkey on about 25th April?

I'm not sure precisely when Kate is expected to give birth, but I'm fairly sure that if she hasn't had the baby before 23rd April, or whenever they are scheduled to depart, and the birth is imminent, William probably won't be catching the plane. Or maybe he will, since Kate's the one having the baby, not him.
Yes, I was speaking about William not the event. To me it sounds really odd to plan an engagement in another country right in the middle of an expected birth.

Uhm, ofc he will and wants to be there at the birth... It's not the 50s :P
Old 01-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Uhm, ofc he will and wants to be there at the birth... It's not the 50s :P
But this is the British Royal Family we're talking about.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Uncalled for comment IMO. There is no indication that William would avoid being present, in fact there is every indication that he would want to be there

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Uncalled for comment IMO. There is no indication that William would avoid being present, in fact there is every indication that he would want to be there
Uncalled for? I think HM, and possibly Charles too, would be absolutely delighted if things could revert to the way they were in the 1950s, and I wouldn't mind betting William would be very pleased with some aspects such as having the media behave more as they did in the '50s.

If you have a glance at my initial post, you will note that I said that if the baby hasn't been born before they are scheduled to depart for Turkey, William probably won't be going. Short of some personal aversion to the sight of blood or screaming women, he will most likely conform to the modern trend for men to be present during the birth of their children.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

He was present at the birth of his son, there is no reason to assume he wont be present (bar early birth ) at the birth of his 2nd child.

Not personal to Roslyn, but frankly I am really tired of the snippy and nasty comments about the BRF in the last couple of months

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

April 25th.

It is the most important day in both Australia and NZ as it is the anniversary that our troops landed at Gallipoli in 1915 starting our real involvement in WWI.

Of course there were also British and French troops there.

I wonder if this indicates that Kate's second baby is due earlier in April rather than late in the month. Surely if the baby isn't here by then William will be in London with her?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
April 25th.

It is the most important day in both Australia and NZ as it is the anniversary that our troops landed at Gallipoli in 1915 starting our real involvement in WWI.

Of course there were also British and French troops there.

I wonder if this indicates that Kate's second baby is due earlier in April rather than late in the month. Surely if the baby isn't here by then William will be in London with her?

I'm thinking that too. It seems odd that William would make plans for such a big event if it's anywhere near the due date.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

The source in the post isn't a British official one so its not like KP has announced he is going. William mentioned going to the 100th anniversary when in Australia but that was pre-baby Cambridge. I would think if the baby is not born before the anniversary date nears that he doesn't go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

I think it is safe to say William will not be attending if his wife is close to delivering or has just delivered. He strikes me as the type of man who wants to be involved in his families life. You cannot endure the criticism of not being apart of the working BRF and have a wife who barely works, because you want to have a normal family life and then not be present at this time. IMO!
Besides I don't think the Aussies or Kiwis would give a hoot if he was there or not!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-14-2015, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The source in the post isn't a British official one so its not like KP has announced he is going. William mentioned going to the 100th anniversary when in Australia but that was pre-baby Cambridge. I would think if the baby is not born before the anniversary date nears that he doesn't go.

I agree, when a proper announcement is made in the usual way, we will know for sure who will attend this important event.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

William seems to a modern father the same as all his friends etc.
Seeing your son or daughter is the most wonderful time in a parents life
Even thinking he wouldn't be there is offensive

Old 01-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
William seems to a modern father the same as all his friends etc.
Seeing your son or daughter is the most wonderful time in a parents life
Even thinking he wouldn't be there is offensive.
This notion that a father has to be present when the mother gives birth is a very, very, recent one, and I object to the suggestion that "even thinking he wouldn't be there" is offensive. What on earth is offensive about questioning something like that?

None of us here knows these people. Kate might not want him there. He might not want to be there. She probably does, and he probably does, but we cannot be sure because we simply do not know and have no way of knowing. We make assumptions. For all we know the two of them might not like each other very much anymore. Most people, here especially, assume they do, but we do not know for sure. Similar assumptions were made about William's parents at the time of Harry's birth, and look how that turned out.

A lot of assumptions are made in this place about the way these people live their lives, but none of us really has any idea how they think or feel about things.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

What a lot of rot. Wasn't William telling the president of America how he was so excited when George was born he forgot to see if he was a girl or boy. Really some people like to see trouble where there isn't any.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, the man will not be missing the birth of his child!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Exactly very very few men do.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

The laboring mother should have final say who she wants at the birth. She may just want William or Just want her mother or both or neither or something totally different. She needs whatever set up puts her at ease.If for example William is nervous wreck and starts stressing her she could not want that just then.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

He has been at his 1st born birth why would he become ..(A nervous wreck and starts stressing her she could not want that just then.) as above
Gee folks he will be there unless it's early or he's stuck in traffic

Old 01-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Again unless for some unknown and very off chance Kate does not want him present.That would be the only reason other than like what happened with Louise's birth and Edward which is a terrible thought.

Closed Thread