British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know at what time is the service?

Live TV coverage starts at 10:30am UK Time on BBC One. I provided links on this thread to watch.

Live TV Coverage Starts Now:
tvpc.com - #BBC1

British Royals @britishroyals · 45m
Today's #AfghanService will be broadcast live on BBC1 starting 10.30am. The Queen & other royals will be at St Paul's for a service at 11am

Last edited:
First time I've seen that Philip had to support the Queen down the stairs at St Paul's Cathedral.

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

Well done BBC calling The Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Catherine.

First time I've seen that Philip had to support the Queen down the stairs at St Paul's Cathedral.

I've noticed that she's starting to need a little help with steps now.

Not to take the focus away from the ceremony, but the Queen does look frail... I wonder why noone got there to help them? She leaned on Philip but I doubt he is steadier than she is...

The Queen does have a history of knee problems so maybe it's more a leg problem than a unsteadiness like Earl Spencer had for the Royal Wedding. There are quite a lot of steps at St Paul's compared to Westminster Abbey where there is just a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Chris Jackson @ChrisJack_Getty · 18m 18 minutes ago
Looks like the new Royal Baby was kicking as the Duchess of Cambridge left the #Afghanistan Service at St Paul's
https://twitter.com/ChrisJack_Getty/status/576378874860318720

Video:
The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the Service of Commemoration to mark the end of combat operations in Afghanistan at St Paul's Cathedral today. The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry, The Duke of York and leading politicians will attend the Service. The Service will be led by the Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, with the address given by the Archbishop of Canterbury. .

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=ROYALS AND POLITICIANS ARRIVE FOR AFGHAN MEMORIAL SERVICE

Last edited:
The Queen had operations on both knees in 2003, but it is only now at the age of almost 89 that she needs help down the stairs and I don't think she looked frail.

I also read somewhere that the real reason according to sources in the vatican to why the Queen didn't met Pope Francis in his office at the Apostolic Palace was because she had trouble with stairs. Their meeting had to take place in a another building.

Last edited:
Videos:
A parade has taken place following Service of Commemoration to mark the end of combat operations in Afghanistan. Prince Charles along with his sons Princes Harry and William took the salutes from military personnel and veterans as they marched past the side entrance of St Paul's Cathedral. This was followed by a fly past of military helicopters and jets-

Home - ITNSource News

Aircraft from the Afghanistan campaign roared over the parade in their own salute to mark the end of the conflict. RAF Chinook helicopters, Hercules transport planes and Tornado attack jets flew over St Paul's Cathedral as the parade through the City of London to Guildhall took place-
Home - ITNSource News

Wonderful event. Seeing them in uniforms was great.
Can someone tell me more about Charles uniform? is it Navy or Army?

By my eye Charles is wearing the uniform of Field Marshall of the British Army

I love these- best photos of the day- especially 4 and 6 -William with the kids. :wub:
And William being William and doing what he does best- listening with his heart. Some of those kids probably lost parents. William knows about that.;)
Nice that on a busy day he was there, and didn't rush. But then it's William so not surprising.;)
My father is a retired veteran, so I understand a little about sacrifice. And it hits close to home. But still seeing people without limbs makes it even more so, and there is something about seeing faces with names in the newspaper. God bless them, and thank you.
Loved seeing the Queen get a bouquet from the 2 little girls. Granny moment.

Last edited:
It is disappointing that there are such few pictures of Charles and Camilla today.

The Queen does have a history of knee problems so maybe it's more a leg problem than a unsteadiness like Earl Spencer had for the Royal Wedding. There are quite a lot of steps at St Paul's compared to Westminster Abbey where there is just a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think she leaned on Philip's hand at least once before when leaving St. Paul, years ago. I can't remember the event. Maybe the Golden Jubilee.

Charles looked very Kingly today. He wear suits very well, but when he's in his uniforms, I see King Charles.

Charles looked very Kingly today. He wear suits very well, but when he's in his uniforms, I see King Charles.

You're right. The parade was like a vision of the next reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom