The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this is the thread to discuss last night's Festival of Remembrance or not- if not- mods please move!
I loved The Queen's gown, and was amazed the DOE did not fall over from the weight of medals!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Alexandra of Kent attended a service of thanksgiving for Lady Soames at Westminster Abbey on November 20:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages/UK press **

Old 11-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @CourtierUK ∑ 3h 3 hours ago
The Queen will host the annual reception for the Diplomatic Corps on Tuesday. Big royal turnout needed for what is largest palace reception.

Martin @CourtierUK ∑ 3h 3 hours ago
No photos will be released from event as it is also one of the few that press arenít invited to. Itís also white tie, so tiaras all round.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I expect some paparazzi shots though... last year we were able to get some glimples of the cars...
Old 11-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall walked to church at Sandringham this morning with four house guests. As they entered the church, they were joined by Princess Alexandra, who had arrived at the back entrance by car.

As they left the church after the service, the Earl and Countess of Wessex came from the back of the church and chatted with them for several minutes before the Prince, the Duchess and Princess Alexandra walked back to Sandringham House, chatting to onlookers.
The British Royals Message Board: Today at Sandringham Church
Old 12-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I expect some paparazzi shots though... last year we were able to get some glimples of the cars...
Last year was the first time Kate attended and so some photographers camped outside to see her but that is not normally the case as the press knows that this is a private event with no press coverage.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

pity... I long to see her wear a tiara :(
Old 12-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Last year was the first time Kate attended and so some photographers camped outside to see her but that is not normally the case as the press knows that this is a private event with no press coverage.
But perhaps the Press hopes that Catherine will attend again and therefore camp again outside. It is really a Pity that the allow not any press at all at this reception.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland ∑ 43m 43 minutes ago
The Queen will give an Evening Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace tomorrow. IC #tiaras #WhiteTie

It's a pity that no pictures are produced from this grand event. Once in a blue moon there are pictures but that's just once in a blue moon. We get so many pictures from other palace events but somehow when the royals are dressed in their state attire for the palace's very diplomatic event, the pictures disappear. I think it's done to drive the media crazy and because the British royals have become almost frighten to publically appear too grand.

There is very little to no information about the diplomatic guest who attended the event. The only way you would which senior members of the royal family attended is from the Official Court Circular and a few bad pictures of them arriving or leaving by car. I just find that down right sad and the British royals have a thing or two to learn their royal counterparts when it comes down to events like this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland ∑ 43m 43 minutes ago
The Queen will give an Evening Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace tomorrow. IC #tiaras #WhiteTie

It's a pity that no pictures are produced from this grand event. Once in a blue moon there are pictures but that's just once in a blue moon. We get so many pictures from other palace events but somehow when the royals are dressed in their state attire for the palace's very diplomatic event, the pictures disappear. I think it's done to drive the media crazy and because the British royals have become almost frighten to publically appear too grand.

There is very little to no information about the diplomatic guest who attended the event. The only way you would which senior members of the royal family attended is from the Official Court Circular and a few bad pictures of them arriving or leaving by car. I just find that down right sad and the British royals have a thing or two to learn their royal counterparts when it comes down to events like this.
it would be nice even if they just released some shots from the court photographer after the fact -
Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
it would be nice even if they just released some shots from the court photographer after the fact -
I agree. The Queen's photographer should be on hand for such an important diplomatic event. It would be nice if there was a group photo and perhaps even some video clips released. Unfortunately, this event happens without much of a official mention or press knowledge. Hopefully things will change up in the next reign.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why do we have to compare royal families and the way they do things?

The BRF have their ways and they are different to the continental royals - but it suits them.

I think it is nice that there are different ways and appreciate that they are different.

I like the fact that the BRF don't see a need to show off all that they have every chance they get but rather than flaunt it keep these events low key.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

The BRF have their ways and they are different to the continental royals - but it suits them.

I think it is nice that there are different ways and appreciate that they are different.

I like the fact that the BRF don't see a need to show off all that they have every chance they get but rather than flaunt it keep these events low key.
I made the comparison because I and many others like being able to see senior members of the royal family actually look royal once a year. I think we should be able to see the royals in the fine attire for a diplomatic event. The Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Belgian royals have it right when it comes to official state events like this. The British royals should learn to open up more and not be afraid to show themselves in their fine attire.

Trust me, everyone would love to see the British royals in such a setting.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

I want [and expect] to see 'bang for my buck'...
Old 12-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Here's a video clip from the Diplomatic Reception in the 1992 documentary "Elizabeth R."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

To an extent, I agree - in fact each royal family have their own way of doing things and the comparisons are interesting. Take, for instance, the State Opening of Parliament - only the British and Dutch make it a grand event and even then the two countries do it differently.

But, I must say it would be nice if the general public got to know and understand how the diplomatic corps works or at least who the diplomats are and why they are here etc - imagine a whole evening of televised comings and goings with foreign dignitaries wearing interesting outfits just like they do in Denmark! Oh blow it- I only want to see the Duchess of Cambridge in a tiara and long frock once a year!!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

This is an event for the Diplomats assigned to the Court. I've read that the Royal party leave early so that the guests can relax and have a good time. As Iluvbertie said, BRF do it their way. And have done it this way for yrs. Why the need to know everything about everything?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I agree. The Queen's photographer should be on hand for such an important diplomatic event. It would be nice if there was a group photo and perhaps even some video clips released. Unfortunately, this event happens without much of a official mention or press knowledge. Hopefully things will change up in the next reign.
According to Wikipedia, there are 174 Ambassadors and High Commissioners to the Court of St James. I'm not sure a group photo would be possible.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

and they bring their partners!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread