The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Braemar photos up.

If you hurry, you can see a huge gaff by the DM as they use a previous year's photo to show that David Cameron and Samantha were there.

Queen in high spirits watching traditional Scottish eventing at Braemar Highland Games alongside Princes Philip and Charles | Mail Online

My learning for the day is that they now make specialized tug of war boots.

I will edit with some other photo links.

Haggis, if you have never seen it: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/454414572
Partisan dogs: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/454...Bn1oNq6g%3d%3d
Almost always get a great shot here of the POW and HM chatting, smiling laughing: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/454772288
I personally think (from looking at the order of past years' photos) that the sack races always make HM giggle: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen+E...es/Hjqd9cTfmgF

Old 09-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Braemar photos up.

If you hurry, you can see a huge gaff by the DM as they use a previous year's photo to show that David Cameron and Samantha were there.

Queen in high spirits watching traditional Scottish eventing at Braemar Highland Games alongside Princes Philip and Charles | Mail Online

My learning for the day is that they now make specialized tug of war boots.

I will edit with some other photo links.

Haggis, if you have never seen it: Competitors take part on the World Haggis Eating Championship during... News Photo 454414572 | Getty Images
Partisan dogs: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/454...Bn1oNq6g%3d%3d
Almost always get a great shot here of the POW and HM chatting, smiling laughing: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles Prince of Wales look on during... News Photo 454772288 | Getty Images
I personally think (from looking at the order of past years' photos) that the sack races always make HM giggle: Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Braemar Highland Games - Zimbio
Love all the photos! Couldn't pick a favorite! Will not be eating haggis any time soon!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

There is quite a large gallery of HM and Princes Philip and Charles attending the Braemar Gathering yesterday from AP Images (don't be worried by the "buy photos" section on the link - you don't have to pay to view them). You can enlarge the photos by clicking on them or hovering your mouse over them:

Braemar Highland Gathering 2014 | Buy Photos | AP Images | Search

The photos of HM and Charles laughing together never cease to amuse me. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during those moments!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
A meeting and subsequent reception not publicised on the calendar will be attended by The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, with the Prince of Wales joining the William and Harry later for a reception.

William and Harry will attend a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, at The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London on Wednesday.

The Royal brother’s will attend the round table meeting and will then be joined by their father for the subsequent reception.

After the meeting, Prince Charles who is President of Business in the Community (BITC) will the join his sons for a Business Leaders Employment Reception, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
Harry, William and Charles to attend unannounced event
Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace View Post
These 2 events - the detailed mtg and the reception are really crucial to the long term success of the support the Foundation is giving. Prince Charles has always had this holistic approach (ie save Dumfries House; save unique collection; creates local training and employment options - all in the same project).

These Games is an amazing project for Harry to launch but I really appreciate and applaud how the 3 of them have taken a long term approach to supporting wounded military personnel.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The Royal Foundation, BITC and the Ministry of Defence are working in partnership to develop a programme that will support servicemen and women to transition to new civilian careers-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The Royal Foundation, BITC and the Ministry of Defence are working in partnership to develop a programme that will support servicemen and women to transition to new civilian careers-
Home - ITNSource News
Crown prince Frederik was also in attendance
here you can see a bit of him
http://38.media.tumblr.com/fa5721a37...i0r3o1_500.png
he was also at the opening ceremony

Beautiful ceremony and Harry looked so proud and touched
Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Crown prince Frederik was also in attendance
here you can see a bit of him
http://38.media.tumblr.com/fa5721a37...i0r3o1_500.png
he was also at the opening ceremony

Beautiful ceremony and Harry looked so proud and touched
Are you sure it is Frederick? There are more pictures of him (or somebody like him) seated behind the Wales' in the DM article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-heroes.html
Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Video: Princes William and Harry Attend Business Leaders’ Meeting

Home - ITNSource News
Old 09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall, the Prince of Wales, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent , Lady Gabriella Windsor and Princess Beatrice attented a memorial service for Mark Shand at St Paul's Church in London.

Memorial Service For Mark Shand Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...enly-died.html
Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts relating to the Invictus Games have been moved to a new thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4-a-37435.html
Old 09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Majesty

The Queen Charlotte's Debutante Ball sees the daughters of the wealthy elite play a Downton lady for a day: Annual ball is held in*Highclere Castle where ITV show is set | Mail Online
Quote:
Today however, not only has the ball has lost its royal patronage, but is barely recognisable from its aristocratic origins.

Held this year in Highclere Castle, which plays host to popular ITV drama Downton Abbey, the ball is increasingly popular among affluent foreigners and mega-rich Britons looking to experience a piece of Britain's cultured past while simultaneously putting their wealth on display.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it was mentioned but Prince William was spotted attending church with the Queen, DoE, PoW, DchoCornwall and DoY at Crathie Church by Balmoral. It seems strange that he would go to Scotland now with Kate being sick. Maybe it is a sign that she is feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I don't think it was mentioned but Prince William was spotted attending church with the Queen, DoE, PoW, DchoCornwall and DoY at Crathie Church by Balmoral. It seems strange that he would go to Scotland now with Kate being sick. Maybe it is a sign that she is feeling better.

I think she's better and resting at the moment.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

I would say its about a royal high level discussion on possible Scottish independence and how the family will respond; also poss (but less likely) to be looking at Malta trip in case Catherine does not go.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently William went up to Balmoral late Thursday with his dad and spotted shooting on Saturday while Kate was at her parents from the Sun's Emily Andrews twitter

Old 09-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Cindy Stockman @RoyalCenEditor · 23m
The annual ball thrown by The Queen for staff at Balmoral that was scheduled Thursday is postponed a day until after the vote in Scotland

Queen's Balmoral staff ball moved back until day after referendum vote-
Queen's Balmoral staff ball moved back until day after referendum vote | UK news | theguardian.com

I'm surprised the Ghillies ball at Balmoral is even mentioned. We usually don't hear anything about the ball or see any pictures of the royals attending.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The Glossy Posse are back together! Wills and Harry team up with old pals Skippy and Guy Pelly for family wedding - but there's no sign of pregnant Kate* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Princes William and Harry were back together with the so-called 'Glosse Posse' today as they attended the wedding of a childhood friend

The royals watched on as Victoria Inskip, who has known the princes since they were teenagers, married Robert Davies-Jones at Malmesbury Abbey this afternoon.

But the Duchess of Cambridge was absent from the wedding signalling she is still suffering from severe ante-natal sickness.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The young royals have some very interesting looking friends.

I think Catherine will make her official appearance (if she's felling better) when on royal duty. I hope she's at least better now though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The young royals have some very interesting looking friends.

I think Catherine will make her official appearance (if she's felling better) when on royal duty. I hope she's at least better now though.

The British upperclass isn't exactly know for their sense of style that's for sure.
I do hope that the DOC first public appearance will be on royal duty. The backlash if she's first seen attending a private party would be brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Closed Thread