British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

I think it is safe to say William will not be attending if his wife is close to delivering or has just delivered. He strikes me as the type of man who wants to be involved in his families life. You cannot endure the criticism of not being apart of the working BRF and have a wife who barely works, because you want to have a normal family life and then not be present at this time. IMO!
Besides I don't think the Aussies or Kiwis would give a hoot if he was there or not!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
The source in the post isn't a British official one so its not like KP has announced he is going. William mentioned going to the 100th anniversary when in Australia but that was pre-baby Cambridge. I would think if the baby is not born before the anniversary date nears that he doesn't go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree, when a proper announcement is made in the usual way, we will know for sure who will attend this important event.

But this is the British Royal Family we're talking about. :D

William seems to a modern father the same as all his friends etc.
Seeing your son or daughter is the most wonderful time in a parents life
Even thinking he wouldn't be there is offensive

William seems to a modern father the same as all his friends etc.
Seeing your son or daughter is the most wonderful time in a parents life
Even thinking he wouldn't be there is offensive.

This notion that a father has to be present when the mother gives birth is a very, very, recent one, and I object to the suggestion that "even thinking he wouldn't be there" is offensive. What on earth is offensive about questioning something like that?

None of us here knows these people. Kate might not want him there. He might not want to be there. She probably does, and he probably does, but we cannot be sure because we simply do not know and have no way of knowing. We make assumptions. For all we know the two of them might not like each other very much anymore. Most people, here especially, assume they do, but we do not know for sure. Similar assumptions were made about William's parents at the time of Harry's birth, and look how that turned out.

A lot of assumptions are made in this place about the way these people live their lives, but none of us really has any idea how they think or feel about things.

What a lot of rot. Wasn't William telling the president of America how he was so excited when George was born he forgot to see if he was a girl or boy. Really some people like to see trouble where there isn't any.

Folks, the man will not be missing the birth of his child!

The laboring mother should have final say who she wants at the birth. She may just want William or Just want her mother or both or neither or something totally different. She needs whatever set up puts her at ease.If for example William is nervous wreck and starts stressing her she could not want that just then.

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

He has been at his 1st born birth why would he become ..(A nervous wreck and starts stressing her she could not want that just then.) as above
Gee folks he will be there unless it's early or he's stuck in traffic

Again unless for some unknown and very off chance Kate does not want him present.That would be the only reason other than like what happened with Louise's birth and Edward which is a terrible thought.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
On 10 February, The Queen will give a reception to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of The Earl & Countess of Wessex.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Edward has 67 patronages. Sophie has slightly more with 75. Together they created the Wessex Youth Trust.

That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.

That is nice of the Queen and I'm sure she does it for everyone. I find it odd that according to the Court circular Edward and Sophie aren't listed to attend.

I also find it interesting that Sophie has more patronages than Edward.

I'm just guessing the Wessex's would attend, but if not, I'll move my post to The Queen's Current Events.

The number of patronages are interesting. I guess it depends on their interest.

I'm just guessing the Wessex's would attend, but if not, I'll move my post to The Queen's Current Events.

The number of patronages are interesting. I guess it depends on their interest.

I would have imagined the Wessex's would attend but found it odd how it wasn't listed in the CC for them to attend. They will likely attend but not as an engagement.

Edward said in an interview that he avoided a lot of patronages such as children, animals and disease because they get enough coverage basically. I do agree with his thought process, it's just funny how his wife uses all three of those topics for the majority of her patronages.

But if she does it for one, she'll have to do it for all...
Not a bad idea, but why start with the Wessexs?

But if she does it for one, she'll have to do it for all...
Not a bad idea, but why start with the Wessexs?

Because they are probably the two most undervalued royals ever?
The Queen doesn't have to do it for all, Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine and Henry get a lot of publicity for what they do. Sophie made the papers last week for her 50th birthday and I can't remember the last time Edward was there.

No they may not need it, and I agree that Sophie is undervalued, but the others deserve it too, IMO.

I thought the Queen did this for everyone...

The Queen has certainly done something similar before, she hosted such an even for one of Anne's significant birthdays and that's just the one I Can think of off the top of my head.

Edit- it was Anne's 50th I'd seen a video from
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fz1j23V2w

Last edited:
Her Majesty has done this for the Prince's Trust and (if I remember correctly) even for Princess Anne's charities.

Oh good- then she has done this for others. No problem then. I didn't realize . Sorry...

The Queen has certainly done something similar before, she hosted such an even for one of Anne's significant birthdays and that's just the one I Can think of off the top of my head.

Edit- it was Anne's 50th I'd seen a video from
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4fz1j23V2w

That was a really nice video clip. I thought the Queen had done this for the others so not surprised she is doing it for her youngest son and his wife now.

Perhaps she is doing it in honour of their 50th birthdays last year and this year.

The Queen does have a prior engagement on the 18th June though - Royal Ascot. It is the Thursday of that meeting and she always attends Ascot. It is the Gold Cup Day and the day on which many of the royal ladies attend.

That is going to be one busy week for the royals in the UK.

Saturday - Trooping the Colour (other royals will probably be in Sweden for the royal wedding)

Tuesday - Saturday - Royal Ascot

And add to that the 800th anniversary for Magna Carta and the 200th of Waterloo.

Wasn't there an event last year that The Queen did in the morning and then went to Ascot, or am I getting mixed up?

The Queen does have a prior engagement on the 18th June though - Royal Ascot. It is the Thursday of that meeting and she always attends Ascot. It is the Gold Cup Day and the day on which many of the royal ladies attend.

That is going to be one busy week for the royals in the UK.

Saturday - Trooping the Colour (other royals will probably be in Sweden for the royal wedding)

Tuesday - Saturday - Royal Ascot

And add to that the 800th anniversary for Magna Carta and the 200th of Waterloo.
And JSYK, I'm pretty sure there will be some Royal presence at the Magna Carta thing. IIRC, Robert Hardy was confirmed- ;) and there was mention of possible or rather probable Royal presence. I don't know if RH will be at the Queen's reception for the Magna Carta on 23 Feb *- wouldn't be surprised- ;) - hope so! :prettyplease:
*- Think that was the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom