British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Prince of Wales and Princess Alexandra mark 50th Anniversary of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust The Prince of Wales became Patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in May 2014, succeeding Princess Alexandra who had been Patron since 1968. .

Home - ITNSource News

The close up on his beverage at the end? :bang:

I've never seen a family attend more weddings than the British royals. After a while it's okay to just stay home and ask someone to bring home some cake. ;)

I've never seen a family attend more weddings than the British royals. After a while it's okay to just stay home and ask someone to bring home some cake. ;)

But then we wouldn't see Beatrice's odd chapeau choices!

But then we wouldn't see Beatrice's odd chapeau choices!

I don't think Beatrice's was any odder than Eugenie's. I think Eugenie had borrowed one of Sophie Wessex's old plate-on-side-of-head hats.

Actually they an eclectic bunch, clothing-wise. Some women were in short dresses, some long; some wore hats, but some were hatless. One woman was wearing a jump-suit with a hat. The bride seems to have been wearing a dead arctic fox around her shoulders. :whistling:

I don't think Beatrice's was any odder than Eugenie's. I think Eugenie had borrowed one of Sophie Wessex's old plate-on-side-of-head hats.

Actually they an eclectic bunch, clothing-wise. Some women were in short dresses, some long; some wore hats, but some were hatless. One woman was wearing a jump-suit with a hat. The bride seems to have been wearing a dead arctic fox around her shoulders. :whistling:

It does look like one of Sophie's old hats....Beatrice's was odder but other guests, as you said, looked equally as odd.

I think the woman in the jump suit is Ben Fogle's wife.

It does look like one of Sophie's old hats....Beatrice's was odder but other guests, as you said, looked equally as odd.

I think the woman in the jump suit is Ben Fogle's wife.

Is Mrs. Fogle the one who had a public hissy fit when Party Pieces disappointed her 5 year old at his birthday party?

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie among guests at society marriage | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie were among the guests at the wedding of Jamie Murray Wells

Four words- Harry with the bridesmaids. Awww... smart move putting him in charge!
The bride's dress- interesting- a nightie with a ton of fur.
Some of the guest attire - leather dresses, road kill around the neck, red dress with dramatic black hat- liked that one though- oh my!

Why on earth would someone want to do something like that? Just dumb. Hopefully, it's replaced.

Uhm, is the tree highly valuable? I can't think of any other reason!

Last edited:
So rude and unnecessary... My only guess is some anti-monarchy youngsters or maybe some Camilla haters? But, why?!

So rude and unnecessary... My only guess is some anti-monarchy youngsters or maybe some Camilla haters? But, why?!

Or maybe just some random thief who wanted a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, it's getting replaced, so hopefully it won't happen again.

I'm afraid this sort of thing happens from time to time, odd things stolen for no apparent reason.....the sale at Nottcutts (garden centre) isn't very good this year, perhaps someone wanted a tree that wasn't in the sale!?

Mace @RoyaleVision · Jan 10
Prince Charles & Prince William to attend the centennial of the Battle of Gallipoli in Çanakkale in late April (?)
ANN/Groong -- ISTANBUL:

:previous: It would seem odd to me to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli landings at any time other than late April. Or is it that you mean it would be odd for William, in particular, to be in Turkey on about 25th April?

I'm not sure precisely when Kate is expected to give birth, but I'm fairly sure that if she hasn't had the baby before 23rd April, or whenever they are scheduled to depart, and the birth is imminent, William probably won't be catching the plane. Or maybe he will, since Kate's the one having the baby, not him.

Last edited:
:previous: It would seem odd to me to commemorate the centenary of the Gallipoli landings at any time other than late April. Or is it that you mean it would be odd for William, in particular, to be in Turkey on about 25th April?

I'm not sure precisely when Kate is expected to give birth, but I'm fairly sure that if she hasn't had the baby before 23rd April, or whenever they are scheduled to depart, and the birth is imminent, William probably won't be catching the plane. Or maybe he will, since Kate's the one having the baby, not him.
Yes, I was speaking about William not the event. To me it sounds really odd to plan an engagement in another country right in the middle of an expected birth.

Uhm, ofc he will and wants to be there at the birth... It's not the 50s :p

But this is the British Royal Family we're talking about. :D

Uncalled for comment IMO. There is no indication that William would avoid being present, in fact there is every indication that he would want to be there

Uncalled for comment IMO. There is no indication that William would avoid being present, in fact there is every indication that he would want to be there

Uncalled for? I think HM, and possibly Charles too, would be absolutely delighted if things could revert to the way they were in the 1950s, and I wouldn't mind betting William would be very pleased with some aspects such as having the media behave more as they did in the '50s.

If you have a glance at my initial post, you will note that I said that if the baby hasn't been born before they are scheduled to depart for Turkey, William probably won't be going. Short of some personal aversion to the sight of blood or screaming women, he will most likely conform to the modern trend for men to be present during the birth of their children.

He was present at the birth of his son, there is no reason to assume he wont be present (bar early birth ) at the birth of his 2nd child.

Not personal to Roslyn, but frankly I am really tired of the snippy and nasty comments about the BRF in the last couple of months

April 25th.

It is the most important day in both Australia and NZ as it is the anniversary that our troops landed at Gallipoli in 1915 starting our real involvement in WWI.

Of course there were also British and French troops there.

I wonder if this indicates that Kate's second baby is due earlier in April rather than late in the month. Surely if the baby isn't here by then William will be in London with her?

April 25th.

It is the most important day in both Australia and NZ as it is the anniversary that our troops landed at Gallipoli in 1915 starting our real involvement in WWI.

Of course there were also British and French troops there.

I wonder if this indicates that Kate's second baby is due earlier in April rather than late in the month. Surely if the baby isn't here by then William will be in London with her?

I'm thinking that too. It seems odd that William would make plans for such a big event if it's anywhere near the due date.

The source in the post isn't a British official one so its not like KP has announced he is going. William mentioned going to the 100th anniversary when in Australia but that was pre-baby Cambridge. I would think if the baby is not born before the anniversary date nears that he doesn't go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom