British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Michael and Sarah, DoY are the only 2 without the Family order from the Queen. Anne, Camilla, Sophie , Duch Kent, Duch Gloucester, Princess Alexandra all have it. Her Mum, Sister, Aunts all had one. Diana and Camilla got it about 2 years into their marriage.

Kate has the potential for 4 family orders if she out lives her husband -Elizabeth, Charles, William, George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't believe receiving the order has anything to do with marriage but more to do with service to the Queen, which Kate is yet to prove as she isn't full time Royal. That is absolutely fine as she has time enough to get the order and like you said. she will be getting a few more eventually. She definitely will not be getting the Victorian order for some time.

Anyway bald on topic as this is very off topic. I'm sure this event will have a big turn out of royal representation and I think that's good. The Queen has plenty of family members to assist her.

I too am an Aussie and I love the fact that we don't see them showing off their wealth and their glitzy stuff - they stay away from the celebrity and showboating that comes from those sorts of events.

They aren't so much stuffy as selective in when they let the public in.

They have a number of formal events during the year - this is the only official event which they don't share with the public. They do share the state visits and the state opening of parliament. The only other time we have ever heard that they ever wear tiaras, besides these events is the Christmas Eve dinner at Sandringham.

This event isn't a public event but a private event and private events should be just that. It is no different to the fact that we didn't see anything after William and Kate left the balcony and went to their reception. That was a private event and so is this one.

The public don't see much of anything during a State Banquet. It's hard to get any pictures from the procession and opening speeches and you have to squint to see any of the members of the royal family in the background or table. The only reason why you get to see The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Camilla in formal form is because the Opening State of Parliament is a major public and government event.

With the Diplomatic reception, no one knows which members of the royal family will be attending because it's not released as one of their official engagements. You have to be lucky enough to get any pictures of them leaving or arriving by car for the event and that's how you'll know who attended. Palace officials mentions nothing about it other than the Court Circular. The palace take no pictures of the event and the press mentions nothing about it either. It's like the event really don't exist.

Also, I would think Catherine has received the Royal Family Order by now. She has served The Queen in a personal way. The Royal Family Order isn't like other Orders and honours that take years to receive.

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 4h 4 hours ago
Kate and Will might attend the Diplomatic Reception tonight aka the event where Kate wore a tiara. Just a possibility, nothing confirmed.

Last edited:
The public don't see much of anything during a State Banquet. It's hard to get any pictures from the procession and opening speeches and you have to squint to see any of the members of the royal family in the background or table. The only reason why you get to see The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh, Charles & Camilla in formal form is because the Opening State of Parliament is a major public and government event.

With the Diplomatic reception, no one knows which members of the royal family will be attending because it's not released as one of their official engagements. You have to be lucky enough to get any pictures of them leaving or arriving by car for the event and that's how you'll know who attended. Palace officials mentions nothing about it other than the Court Circular. The palace take no pictures of the event and the press mentions nothing about it either. It's like the event really don't exist.

Also, I would think Catherine has received the Royal Family Order by now. She has served The Queen in a personal way. The Royal Family Order isn't like other Orders and honours that take years to receive.

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 4h 4 hours ago
Kate and Will might attend the Diplomatic Reception tonight aka the event where Kate wore a tiara. Just a possibility, nothing confirmed.

I agree about the RFO. If she hasn't received it yet, I would imagine she'll get it sometime next year. The only question is when will she attend an even that we'll get to see it.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 15m 15 minutes ago
My understanding has always been that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would not be attending tonight's Diplomatic Reception at BP....

.....the wait for an official engagement-related tiara picture continues! Surely the Cambridges must attend a State Banquet soon?

My understanding has always been that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would not be attending tonight's Diplomatic Reception at BP....

.....the wait for an official engagement-related tiara picture continues! Surely the Cambridges must attend a State Banquet soon?

what an odd second tweet? Kate attended last year and was in a tiara. DRs, as you mentioned above Dman, are not official engagements for any of them as we never know who will/did attend unless we catch a photo or someone talks.

So I suppose no, we haven't had an "official engagement-related" tiara photo.

Martin @CourtierUK · 5m 5 minutes ago
Charles & Camilla at Diplomatic Reception, wearing the Cubitt-Shand Tiara (her family’s own)! - (from @royalfocus1)
https://twitter.com/CourtierUK/status/539899674359242753

RKD @RoyalKateDebate · 11m 11 minutes ago
“@royalfocus1: #Camilla...in a tiara attends a diplomatic reception... ” Some ppl have the right head for tiaras
https://twitter.com/RoyalKateDebate/status/539898951441600512

Rookie @royalfocus1 · 10m 10 minutes ago
No #DuchessofCambridge but a Glamorous #DuchessofCornwall at Buckingham Palace reception #Royals #Tiaras

what an odd second tweet? Kate attended last year and was in a tiara. DRs, as you mentioned above Dman, are not official engagements for any of them as we never know who will/did attend unless we catch a photo or someone talks.

So I suppose no, we haven't had an "official engagement-related" tiara photo.

I think it should count as an official engagement for senior members of the royal family who attend because it appears in the official Court Circular. I just find it odd that the event isn't in their official published schedule and little to no pictures are published. It's like it's an event the takes place under a deep cloud of darkness where no one can really know it's happening.

Last edited:
Charles & Camilla at Diplomatic Reception, wearing the Cubitt-Shand Tiara (her family’s own)! - (from @royalfocus1)

“@royalfocus1: #Camilla...in a tiara attends a diplomatic reception... ” Some ppl have the right head for tiaras

No #DuchessofCambridge but a Glamorous #DuchessofCornwall at Buckingham Palace reception #Royals #Tiaras

I think it should count as an official engagement for senior members of the royal family who attend because it appears in the official Court Circular. I just find it odd that the event isn't in their official published schedule and little to no pictures are published. It's like it's an event the takes place under a deep cloud of darkness where no one can really know it's happening.

I completely agree. I think if they attend, then it's an official engagement.

Some people just have the 'something' and I believe this so much with the DoC - (and I'm so glad I got over my teenage attitudes - all those years ago - in order to appreciate how much she brings to the BRF)

Last edited:
From what we can see in the car, Camilla looks lovely and she always make sure the photographers can properly photograph her. She don't shy away from being seen at either informal engagements or formal. She loves the camera and sometimes the camera loves her too.

I think she brings a great deal of grace and dignity to the royal family.

I completely agree. I think if they attend, then it's an official engagement.
Of course, it's absolutely official engagement.

Simply they don't announce it, they send personal invitations for all guests.

The official published schedules are, at best, incomplete and you can't rely on them. They never include, for example, audiences, mtgs with Officials, weekly mtgs with PM etc and they all appear in the CC.

It is irritating (she says, biting her tongue!)

The official published schedules are, at best, incomplete and you can't rely on them. They never include, for example, audiences, mtgs with Officials, weekly mtgs with PM etc and they all appear in the CC.

It is irritating (she says, biting her tongue!)

The crazy part is whenever the palace conducts surveys on the British Monarchy website, I really don't think they listen on how they can improve the site. They could be more transparent about the royals engagements and their everyday workings. They could also release more pictures and videos of their events. Sometimes you wish you could teach the press officers and other officials a thing or two.

:previous: All the officials can do is advise.

But I think Charles and Camilla are accessible and they have different types of engagements such as tea parties and children playing in the garden type of party which other royals have picked up on. And they let photographers in and chat to them as well. WE get some great pictures of these 2.

Sophie is the same; Edward less so.

When the Cambridges are on engagements, they are good at giving access - I've been surprised particularly the access to George.

The Queen wont change and access is not going to happen.

And it isnt just the BRF - the media aren't interested in Andrew, Anee and Edward, some of them have failed to recognise the Glos and Kents.

I think that it will change eventually.

The only royals attending tonights Reception were HMQ and DoE; and Charles and Camilla. Unusual.

The only royals attending tonights Reception were HMQ and DoE; and Charles and Camilla. Unusual.

I think the Cambridge's should've attended, unless William is busy with his studies.

I'm more surprised that neither any of the Kents, the Gloucesters or princess Alexandra didn't attend than that the Cambridges didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

All had other engagements.

Last year, only Her Majesty & Prince Philip, Charles & Camilla and William & Catherine attended. I like that the group is smaller and focusing on the senior royals. Now, if only you can get them to release some pictures...that'll be a miracle.

cepe,
This was an evening reception.

The Queen, Prince Philip and Prince Charles and Camilla all had day time engagements.

Princess Anne & Princess Alexandra attending would have been nice. With close-up pictures of both.

Last edited:
Pictures:
British Royals @britishroyals · 7m 7 minutes ago
Pictures: William & Harry attend HVS memorial carol concert. Ellie Goulding, Chelsy Davy & friends spotted
Rex Features - Leading photographic press agency and picture library

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah · 2h 2 hours ago
Prince Harry & Duke of Cambridge paid a moving tribute to their late friend Henry van Straubenzee tonight at...

...charity carol service for Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund. Joined by Middletons, Chelsy Davy and their closest friends. My coverage..

...of the Duke and Prince Harry's emotional tribute at St Luke's Church tonight, with Ellie Goulding singing, in tomorrow's @thetimes

I'm more surprised that neither any of the Kents, the Gloucesters or princess Alexandra didn't attend than that the Cambridges didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Gloucester, Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra all attended different carol services and so were engaged elsewhere.

Anne was in Wales during the day.

Andrew had his own Reception to attend.

♔ Mo_Holland @Mo_Holland · 5h 5 hours ago
Before leaving for Sandringham The Queen will host Her annual pre-Christmas lunch at Buck Palace for the extended Royal Family this week.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 33m 33 minutes ago
The Queen & members of the Royal Family will attend the Morning Service on Christmas Day at Sandringham Church, on Thursday 25th December.

Last edited:
Video:
The Prince of Wales and Princess Alexandra mark 50th Anniversary of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust The Prince of Wales became Patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in May 2014, succeeding Princess Alexandra who had been Patron since 1968. .

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Prince of Wales and Princess Alexandra mark 50th Anniversary of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust The Prince of Wales became Patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust in May 2014, succeeding Princess Alexandra who had been Patron since 1968. .

Home - ITNSource News

That's so sweet. The two cousins are very close...and Alexandra is the epitome of class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom