The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Grandpere (my paternal grandfather) declared that an English gentleman should always have an umbrella.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin @WindsorEditor · 19s
Prince William will join The Queen and other members of the Royal Family at reception for Technology Sector at Buckingham Palace next week.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

What day next week?
Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure if there is a thread for the Epsom Derby but as more than one member of the family attend I figured I would put it in here.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are due to attend today when they arrive back from France. The show has started with the first race at 13.35, but the Queen will likely be there for the Investec Derby, which is the final race.

Seen in the box during the playing of the National Anthem, which is always played at the start of Derby Day, are Princess Alexandra of Kent with Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. They are likely the only other family members to attend.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception at Buckingham Palace today, June 9, to recognise the Technology sector in the United Kingdom. Prince William, the Duke of York and the Duke of Gloucester were present as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts a Reception **
Old 06-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely images and I especially love the images of The Queen and Andrew speaking to a man on the TV via the internet. I often wonder what the Queen's generation thinks of modern technology as they have seen the invention of so many things in the last 100 years.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Nobility

The DoE seem to be in fine fettle! -

Queen Elizabeth II Hosts a Reception - Pictures - Zimbio

I suppose this sort of thing is right up his alley.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception at Buckingham Palace today, June 9, to recognise the Technology sector in the United Kingdom. Prince William, the Duke of York and the Duke of Gloucester were present as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts a Reception **
Love the pictures. HM looks exactly like my late Granny did- they were a year apart in age, whenever I tried to show her what I could do on the computer - really dazed. And now with my iPad and Kindle- she would be floored.
Whereas it would be really fun to show Prince William, my IPad , and the special voice activation features , that allow me to send emails, post on forums, and surf the web completely independently.
I think he would get it.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Lovely images and I especially love the images of The Queen and Andrew speaking to a man on the TV via the internet. I often wonder what the Queen's generation thinks of modern technology as they have seen the invention of so many things in the last 100 years.
Probably similar to Robert Hardy's reaction in this article. They are one year apart in age- like my late Granny and HM.
RH was born in October 1925- my late Granny in February of that year.
All Creatures Great and Small actor Robert Hardy on history and Harry Potter | Gloucestershire Echo
Old 06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 1m
The Queen & The Duchess of Cambridge at today's garden party at Buckingham Palace (via @QueenVicMirror)

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy · 1m
The Duke of Edinburgh greets guests at a Buckingham Palace garden party on his 93rd birthday!…
http://instagram.com/p/pEX-HbuBUB/

Happy birthday Prince Philip! The Duke of Edinburgh celebrates 93 years with a royal salute (and a garden party with the Queen and a glamorous Duchess of Cambridge)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...Cambridge.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-11-2014, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh has attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace this afternoon, as part of celebrations for his 93rd birthday. The Duke, who is the longest serving consort in British history and the oldest serving partner of a reigning British monarch, was accompanied by Her Majesty the Queen and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge. The party follows on from a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London earlier in the day, in honour of His Royal Highness’ birthday-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as President and Princess Alexandra as Deputy President of the British Red Cross Society attended a garden party for The British Red Cross 150th anniversary at Buckingham Palace today, June 12, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Special Garden Party **
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Alexandra is such a class act .
Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Nobility

I agree, Nico.

It's always stumped me why Alexandra has had so little in the way of press attention. I mean, she really is not very well known in the UK, certainly among my generation (in my 30s). I think if you showed 100 people around my age her picture, I'd be surprised if more than a handful would know who she is. She is vastly underrated.

To those who can remember, was she very well-known when she was younger? Or has she always been on the fringes as it were?
Old 06-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I agree, Nico.

It's always stumped me why Alexandra has had so little in the way of press attention. I mean, she really is not very well known in the UK, certainly among my generation (in my 30s). I think if you showed 100 people around my age her picture, I'd be surprised if more than a handful would know who she is. She is vastly underrated.

To those who can remember, was she very well-known when she was younger? Or has she always been on the fringes as it were?
Princess Alexandra and many older members of the royal family had a great deal of press attention back in the day. As time pass and they age, the attention very naturally focus on the younger royals. The wonderful work Her Royal Highness undertake don't go unnoticed though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandria and Princess Margaret were big in the sixties. By the time of the silver jubilee, Charles and Anne were adults and the focus shifted to the Queen's children instead of sister and cousins.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra is a wonderful royal - very chic, very elegant. She disappeared for a while last year because of ill health but I'm so glad she is back.

If you want to how how to rock a hat - she's the one! And she's 77

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Nobility

Thanks all for your replies! I suppose it's natural that the attention stays with the young, particularly in these times when age discrimination against those of an older age is so rampant.

Alexandra was also rocking some pretty impressive jewellery today!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Prince of Wales stepped back in time this afternoon, when he met Red Cross nurses and volunteers at a Buckingham Palace garden party today. Charles – who is President of the British Red Cross Society – joked with modern-day volunteers dressed in vintage nurses uniforms, as the organisation celebrates more than 150 years of service, and its contribution during the First World War, 100 years ago-
Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 28m
The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will open the XX #CommonwealthGames in #Glasgow on July 23. William, Kate & Harry will attend July 28 & 29.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread