British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The article stated:
'Kate said that the poppies were wonderful.'

I still have some Shirley poppies in bloom in one of the flower gardens.
The poppies are a dignified flower to remember the soldiers of the First World War.
Truly the poppies are wonderful.

Well, she accompanied the DOE to church. :lol: Edit - now that I look at those photos, it's sunny for the DOE and Eugenie. The Queen's car has rain on it. I looked up the local weather and neither the BBC or TWC would give me a hint about the Sunday weather. ?????
I think this set consists of pictures from two Sandays.

This installation of poppies is so dramatic and beautiful. Aside from the war dead, it makes me think of those who lost their lives in the tower- Anne Boelyn, Katherine Howard, so many others that are part of royal history.

Very glad they visited to help publicize this wonderful work of art.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree. It's even more so when you see it close up. I went to the Tower of London yesterday, and it was indeed dramatic against the Tower and the colour of the sky. I took some photos of the poppies that I'd like to post here - the arch seen in the last photo was my favourite part of the display (ignore the photobombers below :D):

Attachments

• Poppy Field.jpg
    Poppy Field.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Poppy Close Up.jpg
    Poppy Close Up.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Poppy Arch.jpg
    Poppy Arch.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 175
Tomorrow is the Braemar Gathering! Prepare to giggle along with the Queen and Prince. :flowers: Cabers will be tossed. Sacks will be raced in. Heather will cover the royal stage. Kilts will fly and feet will dance.

One of my favorite events of the year!

Braemar photos up.

If you hurry, you can see a huge gaff by the DM as they use a previous year's photo to show that David Cameron and Samantha were there. :ROFLMAO:

Queen in high spirits watching traditional Scottish eventing at Braemar Highland Games alongside Princes Philip and Charles | Mail Online

My learning for the day is that they now make specialized tug of war boots.

I will edit with some other photo links.

Haggis, if you have never seen it: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...-the-world-haggis-eating-news-photo/454414572
Partisan dogs: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/45...VUPOTLaY7uFCfEfsmbso9+Ysylc0p8O+8RCBn1oNq6g==
Almost always get a great shot here of the POW and HM chatting, smiling laughing: http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...les-prince-of-wales-look-news-photo/454772288
I personally think (from looking at the order of past years' photos) that the sack races always make HM giggle: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Queen+Elizabeth+II/Braemar+Highland+Games/Hjqd9cTfmgF

Last edited:
Braemar photos up.

If you hurry, you can see a huge gaff by the DM as they use a previous year's photo to show that David Cameron and Samantha were there. :ROFLMAO:

Queen in high spirits watching traditional Scottish eventing at Braemar Highland Games alongside Princes Philip and Charles | Mail Online

My learning for the day is that they now make specialized tug of war boots.

I will edit with some other photo links.

Haggis, if you have never seen it: Competitors take part on the World Haggis Eating Championship during... News Photo 454414572 | Getty Images
Partisan dogs: http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/45...VUPOTLaY7uFCfEfsmbso9+Ysylc0p8O+8RCBn1oNq6g==
Almost always get a great shot here of the POW and HM chatting, smiling laughing: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles Prince of Wales look on during... News Photo 454772288 | Getty Images
I personally think (from looking at the order of past years' photos) that the sack races always make HM giggle: Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Braemar Highland Games - Zimbio
Love all the photos! Couldn't pick a favorite! Will not be eating haggis any time soon!

There is quite a large gallery of HM and Princes Philip and Charles attending the Braemar Gathering yesterday from AP Images (don't be worried by the "buy photos" section on the link - you don't have to pay to view them). You can enlarge the photos by clicking on them or hovering your mouse over them:

Braemar Highland Gathering 2014 | Buy Photos | AP Images | Search

The photos of HM and Charles laughing together never cease to amuse me. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during those moments!

Last edited:
A meeting and subsequent reception not publicised on the calendar will be attended by The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry, with the Prince of Wales joining the William and Harry later for a reception.

William and Harry will attend a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, at The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London on Wednesday.

The Royal brother’s will attend the round table meeting and will then be joined by their father for the subsequent reception.

After the meeting, Prince Charles who is President of Business in the Community (BITC) will the join his sons for a Business Leaders Employment Reception, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
Harry, William and Charles to attend unannounced event

These 2 events - the detailed mtg and the reception are really crucial to the long term success of the support the Foundation is giving. Prince Charles has always had this holistic approach (ie save Dumfries House; save unique collection; creates local training and employment options - all in the same project).

These Games is an amazing project for Harry to launch but I really appreciate and applaud how the 3 of them have taken a long term approach to supporting wounded military personnel.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The Royal Foundation, BITC and the Ministry of Defence are working in partnership to develop a programme that will support servicemen and women to transition to new civilian careers-
Home - ITNSource News

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended a Business Leaders Employment meeting, hosted by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. The Royal Foundation, BITC and the Ministry of Defence are working in partnership to develop a programme that will support servicemen and women to transition to new civilian careers-
Home - ITNSource News

Crown prince Frederik was also in attendance
here you can see a bit of him
http://38.media.tumblr.com/fa5721a37652e1bb88253f2407dc43f3/tumblr_nbpchf2d5z1tti0r3o1_500.png
he was also at the opening ceremony :flowers:

Beautiful ceremony and Harry looked so proud and touched

Crown prince Frederik was also in attendance
here you can see a bit of him
http://38.media.tumblr.com/fa5721a37652e1bb88253f2407dc43f3/tumblr_nbpchf2d5z1tti0r3o1_500.png
he was also at the opening ceremony :flowers:

Beautiful ceremony and Harry looked so proud and touched

Are you sure it is Frederick? There are more pictures of him (or somebody like him) seated behind the Wales' in the DM article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-inaugural-sporting-event-wounded-heroes.html

The Queen Charlotte's Debutante Ball sees the daughters of the wealthy elite play a Downton lady for a day: Annual ball is held in*Highclere Castle where ITV show is set | Mail Online
Today however, not only has the ball has lost its royal patronage, but is barely recognisable from its aristocratic origins.

Held this year in Highclere Castle, which plays host to popular ITV drama Downton Abbey, the ball is increasingly popular among affluent foreigners and mega-rich Britons looking to experience a piece of Britain's cultured past while simultaneously putting their wealth on display.

I don't think it was mentioned but Prince William was spotted attending church with the Queen, DoE, PoW, DchoCornwall and DoY at Crathie Church by Balmoral. It seems strange that he would go to Scotland now with Kate being sick. Maybe it is a sign that she is feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't think it was mentioned but Prince William was spotted attending church with the Queen, DoE, PoW, DchoCornwall and DoY at Crathie Church by Balmoral. It seems strange that he would go to Scotland now with Kate being sick. Maybe it is a sign that she is feeling better.

I think she's better and resting at the moment.

I would say its about a royal high level discussion on possible Scottish independence and how the family will respond; also poss (but less likely) to be looking at Malta trip in case Catherine does not go.

Apparently William went up to Balmoral late Thursday with his dad and spotted shooting on Saturday while Kate was at her parents from the Sun's Emily Andrews twitter

Cindy Stockman @RoyalCenEditor · 23m
The annual ball thrown by The Queen for staff at Balmoral that was scheduled Thursday is postponed a day until after the vote in Scotland

Queen's Balmoral staff ball moved back until day after referendum vote-
Queen's Balmoral staff ball moved back until day after referendum vote | UK news | theguardian.com

I'm surprised the Ghillies ball at Balmoral is even mentioned. We usually don't hear anything about the ball or see any pictures of the royals attending.

The Glossy Posse are back together! Wills and Harry team up with old pals Skippy and Guy Pelly for family wedding - but there's no sign of pregnant Kate* | Daily Mail Online
Princes William and Harry were back together with the so-called 'Glosse Posse' today as they attended the wedding of a childhood friend

The royals watched on as Victoria Inskip, who has known the princes since they were teenagers, married Robert Davies-Jones at Malmesbury Abbey this afternoon.

But the Duchess of Cambridge was absent from the wedding signalling she is still suffering from severe ante-natal sickness.

Last edited:
The young royals have some very interesting looking friends.

I think Catherine will make her official appearance (if she's felling better) when on royal duty. I hope she's at least better now though.

The young royals have some very interesting looking friends.

I think Catherine will make her official appearance (if she's felling better) when on royal duty. I hope she's at least better now though.

The British upperclass isn't exactly know for their sense of style that's for sure.
I do hope that the DOC first public appearance will be on royal duty. The backlash if she's first seen attending a private party would be brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom