The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The Queen, Prince Philip and Princess Beatrice attended the garden party

Prince Philip has 'minor procedure' on his hand but continues with public engagements | Mail Online
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princes and Princess Michael of Kent also attended.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princes and Princess Michael of Kent also attended.
It cracks me up when the DM publishes a story with WRITE CAPTION HERE under a photo. They are comically inept. And they have been doing it a lot lately.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Royal Highness

My favorite time of the year! The British social calendar is in full swing! Royal Windsor Horse Show, Chelsea Flower Show, Epsom is coming up, Garter Day, and....ROYAL ASCOT!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Some more pics of yesterday's Garden Party can also be found here:

** zimbio/BauerGriffin gallery: First Garden Party of the Year **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts a Garden Party **

** hellomagazine: The Queen kicks off summer with first garden party at Buckingham Palace **
Old 05-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
My favorite time of the year! The British social calendar is in full swing! Royal Windsor Horse Show, Chelsea Flower Show, Epsom is coming up, Garter Day, and....ROYAL ASCOT!!!!!!!
Indeed, the "Season" is now kicking off. Plenty to watch and look out for!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The schedule is out for France and D-Day events.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...nNormandy.aspx

Interesting the Cambridges will be at the Gold Beach events not Sword Beach with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The schedule is out for France and D-Day events.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...nNormandy.aspx

Interesting the Cambridges will be at the Gold Beach events not Sword Beach with the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla.
The reason all 6 of them are in Normandy is that they want to cover as many events as they possibly can between them.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm aware of that but it was implied before the details came out that they were all going to be at the same D-Day event.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, I thought the same but I get what they're doing though. I like that the major senior royals are taking part in these events.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-23-2014, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

This schedule is just insane : SIX senior members of the BRF AT THE SAME TIME in France.
i think I'm gonna faint ...
Old 05-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

All the security will be a nightmare.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The Queen, Prince Philip and Princess Beatrice attended the garden party

Prince Philip has 'minor procedure' on his hand but continues with public engagements | Mail Online
Queen Elizabeth looks delightful in her purple outfit!

Old 05-24-2014, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

It's a pity that the Queen and the Duke are the only ones scheduled to attend the State Banquet. I also hoped for more events for the Cambridge's.
Security will be a nightmare and I'm pretty sure there will be a huge crown turnout.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Courtier

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
It's a pity that the Queen and the Duke are the only ones scheduled to attend the State Banquet. I also hoped for more events for the Cambridge's.

Security will be a nightmare and I'm pretty sure there will be a huge crown turnout.

The Queen and Duke are the only ones attending the State Banquet because they're the only ones on the state visit. The Waleses and the Cambridges are not. There are fewer events for the Cambridges because William is neither the head of state nor the heir.

Security was always going to be a nightmare regardless of which or how many British Royals attended because of the presence of many heads of state, some of whom are much more likely than members of the British Royal Family to be a security target (President Obama and President Putin for example).
Old 05-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Are there any commemorations the BRF are attending in London? If so, how do I find out about those? VE Day? VJ Day etc. commemoration of the 70th anniversary of WWII in London?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

In 2005 they had one combined commemoration for the end of World War Two - not separate ones for VE and VP Days. The commemoration for the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII was held on the Sunday after the bombs went off in London (I was there).

I would expect them to only have the one day again next year.

I am also wondering if they will commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo which I hope they do - just as they did for the Battle of Trafalgar in 2005 (a week or so earlier than the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII - I watched one on TV and the other I was in The Mall).

There are going to be a series of commemorations later this year for the start of WWI with pretty much all of the BRF taking part in events across the UK.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 7s
Tomorrow, The Queen, joined by Prince Philip, Harry & Pss Anne, will present new standards to the Household Cavalry A guide to the Royal Summer, 2014 | Royal Central

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 7s
Tomorrow, The Queen, joined by Prince Philip, Harry & Pss Anne, will present new standards to the Household Cavalry A guide to the Royal Summer, 2014 | Royal Central
Thanks, Dman for sharing this. I love the summer schedule.

Not an official part of the Royal summer, but also on the docket for some of the family is Wimbledon June 23-July 6. Yay.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Are there any commemorations the BRF are attending in London? If so, how do I find out about those? VE Day? VJ Day etc. commemoration of the 70th anniversary of WWII in London?
This is the press release for WWI commemorations on August 4

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx
Old 05-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
This is the press release for WWI commemorations on August 4

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx
I like the fact that the Duke of Kent will open an exhibition of First World War photography.
So much can be learned from viewing photography.

Closed Thread