The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If i were Guy Pelly or his Bride-to-be i would be APPALLED at the most significant day of my life being wrecked in this manner..

I think the media is responsible, but i would think twice about inviting the Princes to my wedding !
I'm inclined to agree: I'm not comfortable with the 'atmosphere' that's emanating from the headlines and the few photos I've looked at - I won't read the articles...

Old 05-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I'm inclined to agree: I'm not comfortable with the 'atmosphere' that's emanating from the headlines and the few photos I've looked at - I won't read the articles...
I think William and Harry are having a blast and trying to squeeze in as much of the area as they possibly can and most likely planned ahead of time by the bride and the groom. Somehow the word "sedate" and Guy Pelly do not seem to go together in my book.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

the whole wedding party went to Graceland
Princes pay homage to the King: William and Harry enjoy a private tour of Graceland | Mail Online

shame Kate couldnt make it, it looks like a great time is being had by all : )
Old 05-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The park was completely shut to the public, unexpectedly when Henry and William arrived with the wedding party.
I understand doing that in the UK, but I see no reason to do it in the USA. A lot of people are tweeting reporters with angry comments.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The park was completely shut to the public, unexpectedly when Henry and William arrived with the wedding party.
I understand doing that in the UK, but I see no reason to do it in the USA. A lot of people are tweeting reporters with angry comments.
Graceland has been open in the past for Special Events in the evenings. It was only a matter of time until the right daytime group was accommodated with exclusive access. Trust me, Graceland will benefit from this for years to come.
See Unique Elvis-Themed Parties - Memphis, Tennessee for group booking info.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 05-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have been to Graceland. You just can't buy a ticket and walk right in. It is on a ticketed entrance system with a small group being let in a set time just like they do at BP. They would just have to set aside a block of time for the royal group. Closed to the public for 2hrs max. The house isn't that big.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If i were Guy Pelly or his Bride-to-be i would be APPALLED at the most significant day of my life being wrecked in this manner..

I think the media is responsible, but i would think twice about inviting the Princes to my wedding !

You've got to be kidding...Pelly LOVES the press!
He's reveling in this. And his bride must have known what to expect, so she must have no problem with it.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Majesty

Priscilla Presley ‏@Cilla_Presley 8h
So happy Prince William, Prince Harry and the wedding group had a good time on their tour of Graceland.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

attending another event for the wedding
http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec9ca97c8...8qqo1_1280.jpg
http://37.media.tumblr.com/191729b1b...r8qqo1_500.jpg
Old 05-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Those pictures look like its the rehearsal dinner. Since they are in suits and stuff. Plus the rehearsal dinner is usually the night before after they do a rehearsal at the venue.

It should be interesting to see what the guys wear. In America, the groom and his groomsmen usually wear matching tuxes or suits. Not the morning suit that Brits wear. Does anybody know what time the wedding starts?
Old 05-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I love Elvis so I am totally envious ... the wedding is of no interest but Elvis .. give me a shiny cape and a microphone and I am anyone's.. they are too lucky and a private visit OMG .
Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Majesty

I thought it was the reception that was themed not the wedding.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently the reception wasn't fancy dress based on the the Telegraph story which the band leader says the William and Harry were in their morning suits.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-wedding.html
Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Majesty

#EXCLUSIVE: #Prince William leaving @AmericanAir Admirals Club at #DFW. Headed to gate. pic.twitter.com/f7Cgib9x1S
Prince William has departed Memphis & is on his way home to London #RoyalsinMemphis

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

That dude on twitter was posting pictures of William on the Tarmac getting on the plane in Memphis then on the plane and then in airport in Dallas. That is pretty over top if he was a local Memphis news guy.

Interesting that Sgt Probert was with William in Memphis instead of in England with Kate and George. She didn't go on the Aus NZ tour so she probably has to fill in because the tour RPOs are probably due some vacation after working 3 weeks straight.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Apparently the reception wasn't fancy dress based on the the Telegraph story which the band leader says the William and Harry were in their morning suits.

Prince Harry 'twerks' as Prince William sings in 'crazy night' at Guy Pelly's wedding - Telegraph
Perhaps this is how it is done locally.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

In a shocking development, the DM is complaining about the security bill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...y-princes.html

I don't see how the get the 50k total. The RPOs would have been with William and Harry if they were in KP instead of Memphis. It just the airfare and lodgings and supposedly W&H stayed at a private residence. I don't understand why the York girls still have RPOs all the time.

It is not like politicians who have police protection don't ever leave the country. They do it all the time.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
In a shocking development, the DM is complaining about the security bill

PETER MCKAY: Should we pay £50k to guard the party princes? | Mail Online

I don't see how the get the 50k total. The RPOs would have been with William and Harry if they were in KP instead of Memphis. It just the airfare and lodgings and supposedly W&H stayed at a private residence. I don't understand why the York girls still have RPOs all the time.

It is not like politicians who have police protection don't ever leave the country. They do it all the time.
If I'm not mistaken, the York princess' security is paid for privately by their father.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Westminster AbbeyVerified account
‏@wabbey
Her Majesty The Queen, Sovereign of the Order, arrives and is met by the Dean of Westminster
https://twitter.com/wabbey/status/46...829184/photo/1

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 14m
This is significant: plans to recreate historic Order of the Bath service image showing Queen in full regalia like her father now cancelled

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 8m
Queen due to be photographed making an offering during the ceremony but last night aides admitted she couldn't manage it in heavy regalia...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7m
Prince Charles will now step in to make the presentation of gold and silver coins....

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3m
The Queen still there in full regalia but it's a rare BP acknowledgement that at 88 she is finding her role occasionally more challenging.