British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 17m
The Forum is a chance for TRHs and the charities they support to provide an update about their work and explore opportunities to collaborate.
Where does it say the Gloucester's are attending?

I imagine a lot of the Royals will attend just like they did for the Olympics. Edward and Sophie will be there a lot as Edward is Vice Patron of the Commonwealth Games Association. They were seen a lot when they were in Manchester in 2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royals at today's Buckingham Palace garden party: Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, Countess of Wessex

Video:
Home - ITNSource News
A rainy downpour left the Queen looking at the heavens as her Buckingham Palace garden party guests sheltered under their umbrellas this afternoon. Leaden skies had brought the heavy shower soon after the summer event began in the garden of the Queen's London home. It was not only the guests who opened their brollies against the rain but the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and the Earl and Countess of Wessex who had joined the Queen on the Palace's lawns-

Last edited by a moderator:
There is something about Sophie...so elegant, so classy. The Duchess of Cornwall seems to make everyone around her feel at ease. So it rained? They got to see the Royals and enjoy themselves. :)

There is something about Sophie...so elegant, so classy. The Duchess of Cornwall seems to make everyone around her feel at ease. So it rained? They got to see the Royals and enjoy themselves. :)

Sophie and Catherine are among my favorites within the royal family. The rain don't put a damper on this parade.

Lovely to see Princess Alexandra out and about again!!

The Earl of Wessex, representing HM The Queen, is visiting Poland on 4 and 5 June, to take part in the official commemorations of the 25th anniversary of the first (partially) free elections in Poland (and maybe some other engagements on 5 June, as the anniversary celebrations are scheduled for today only). Other royal guests include the King and Queen of Belgium and Grand Duke of Luxembourg. Besides that, several dozen of republican heads of state and government, including President Barack Obama of the United States. More info in a special thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...the-first-free-elections-in-poland-37016.html

Last edited:
Martin @WindsorEditor · 19s
Prince William will join The Queen and other members of the Royal Family at reception for Technology Sector at Buckingham Palace next week.

I'm not sure if there is a thread for the Epsom Derby but as more than one member of the family attend I figured I would put it in here.

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are due to attend today when they arrive back from France. The show has started with the first race at 13.35, but the Queen will likely be there for the Investec Derby, which is the final race.

Seen in the box during the playing of the National Anthem, which is always played at the start of Derby Day, are Princess Alexandra of Kent with Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. They are likely the only other family members to attend.

Lovely images and I especially love the images of The Queen and Andrew speaking to a man on the TV via the internet. I often wonder what the Queen's generation thinks of modern technology as they have seen the invention of so many things in the last 100 years.

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh gave a reception at Buckingham Palace today, June 9, to recognise the Technology sector in the United Kingdom. Prince William, the Duke of York and the Duke of Gloucester were present as well.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts a Reception **
Love the pictures. HM looks exactly like my late Granny did- they were a year apart in age, whenever I tried to show her what I could do on the computer - really dazed. And now with my iPad and Kindle- :lol: she would be floored.
Whereas it would be really fun to show Prince William, my IPad , and the special voice activation features , that allow me to send emails, post on forums, and surf the web completely independently.
I think he would get it.

Lovely images and I especially love the images of The Queen and Andrew speaking to a man on the TV via the internet. I often wonder what the Queen's generation thinks of modern technology as they have seen the invention of so many things in the last 100 years.

Probably similar to Robert Hardy's reaction in this article. They are one year apart in age- like my late Granny and HM.
RH was born in October 1925- my late Granny in February of that year.
All Creatures Great and Small actor Robert Hardy on history and Harry Potter | Gloucestershire Echo

British Royals @britishroyals · 1m
The Queen & The Duchess of Cambridge at today's garden party at Buckingham Palace (via @QueenVicMirror)

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy · 1m
The Duke of Edinburgh greets guests at a Buckingham Palace garden party on his 93rd birthday!…
http://instagram.com/p/pEX-HbuBUB/

Happy birthday Prince Philip! The Duke of Edinburgh celebrates 93 years with a royal salute (and a garden party with the Queen and a glamorous Duchess of Cambridge)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-party-Queen-glamorous-Duchess-Cambridge.html

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh has attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace this afternoon, as part of celebrations for his 93rd birthday. The Duke, who is the longest serving consort in British history and the oldest serving partner of a reigning British monarch, was accompanied by Her Majesty the Queen and Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge. The party follows on from a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London earlier in the day, in honour of His Royal Highness’ birthday-
Home - ITNSource News

Princess Alexandra is such a class act .

I agree, Nico.

It's always stumped me why Alexandra has had so little in the way of press attention. I mean, she really is not very well known in the UK, certainly among my generation (in my 30s). I think if you showed 100 people around my age her picture, I'd be surprised if more than a handful would know who she is. She is vastly underrated.

To those who can remember, was she very well-known when she was younger? Or has she always been on the fringes as it were?

I agree, Nico.

It's always stumped me why Alexandra has had so little in the way of press attention. I mean, she really is not very well known in the UK, certainly among my generation (in my 30s). I think if you showed 100 people around my age her picture, I'd be surprised if more than a handful would know who she is. She is vastly underrated.

To those who can remember, was she very well-known when she was younger? Or has she always been on the fringes as it were?

Princess Alexandra and many older members of the royal family had a great deal of press attention back in the day. As time pass and they age, the attention very naturally focus on the younger royals. The wonderful work Her Royal Highness undertake don't go unnoticed though.

Princess Alexandria and Princess Margaret were big in the sixties. By the time of the silver jubilee, Charles and Anne were adults and the focus shifted to the Queen's children instead of sister and cousins.

Princess Alexandra is a wonderful royal - very chic, very elegant. She disappeared for a while last year because of ill health but I'm so glad she is back.

If you want to how how to rock a hat - she's the one! And she's 77

Thanks all for your replies! I suppose it's natural that the attention stays with the young, particularly in these times when age discrimination against those of an older age is so rampant.

Alexandra was also rocking some pretty impressive jewellery today!

Video:
The Prince of Wales stepped back in time this afternoon, when he met Red Cross nurses and volunteers at a Buckingham Palace garden party today. Charles – who is President of the British Red Cross Society – joked with modern-day volunteers dressed in vintage nurses uniforms, as the organisation celebrates more than 150 years of service, and its contribution during the First World War, 100 years ago-
Home - ITNSource News

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 28m
The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh will open the XX #CommonwealthGames in #Glasgow on July 23. William, Kate & Harry will attend July 28 & 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom