British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
HouseofWindsor-300.png

Welcome to British Royal Family current events part 6.

The previous British Royal Family current events thread 5 can be found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/british-royal-family-current-events-5-july-2011-march-2013-a-31428-61.html .

Last edited:
Video:
Queen holds British Film Industry Reception at Windsor-
Home - ITNSource News

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 10m
#TheQueen is presented with an honorary @baftaguru award by Sir Kenneth Branagh at the… http://instagram.com/p/XsTMlROBQs/

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 49m
The @BAFTA award is in recognition of #TheQueen's outstanding patronage of the Film and Television Industries. #RoyalFilmReception

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 44m
The Chairman of @BAFTA: "The people here this evening represent a vast variety of skills and ground breaking innovation" #RoyalFilmReception

Queen hailed most 'memorable Bond girl yet':
http://www.itv.com/news/royal/

Video:
Queen appears shocked and delighted by Bafta:
http://www.itv.com/news/royal/

Congratulations to Her Majesty.

Last edited:
And for being the...

THE MOST MEMORABLE BOND GIRL YET....:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder what Prince Philip would have told her "privately" after being given that "distinction"..

Last edited:
Awwww her little face when he mentions she is getting a BAFTA was the most adorable thing.

No Tom Hiddleston :( oh well! I love that they gave Elizabeth an award!

In a couple of PA images it also looks like Prince Andrew attended too.

I love that the Queen got an honorary BAFTA, how cute.

Countess of Wessex + Queen Elizabeth (and it looks like Prince Andrew in the distance beside Sophie).

Last edited:
Eddie Redmayne was there :in_love: Really made my day.

Molly, good eyes when spoting Prince Andrew!

And whoever the poster is (I've forgotten which one) who loves Robert Hardy - he was there too!

She looks great and I love the article about her ... I love the black at the reception it is a very flattering dress on her

And whoever the poster is (I've forgotten which one) who loves Robert Hardy - he was there too!

That would be me! Brilliant! Photos?
Later- I saw- that rocks!

Last edited:
The Queen wins honorary BAFTA Award for being most 'memorable Bond Girl' | Mail Online
4 April 2013

The Queen wins honorary Bafta for being the most 'memorable Bond girl yet' (and also for her services to film and TV)

The Queen received an honorary Bafta tonight in recognition of a lifetime's support of British film and television - and for being the most 'memorable Bond girl yet'. Sir Kenneth Branagh presented the award during a glittering Windsor Castle reception attended by stars of stage, screen and television celebrating their industry.

John Willis, chairman of Bafta, paid tribute to the Queen for her patronage of entertainment bodies and charities throughout her reign. He drew laughter from the audience when he referred to the Queen's now famous role alongside James Bond during the opening ceremony of the Olympics - when she appeared to parachute into the stadium with 007.

Mr Willis said in a short speech: 'We should be proud of our industry. The people here this evening represent a vast variety of skills and ground breaking innovation; they have entertained and informed a generation and inspired generations to come.' He told the audience who included the Duke of Edinburgh: 'I am delighted that this evening has given us the opportunity to give something back. I have the great honour to announce that we are to present Her Majesty with an honorary Bafta today, in recognition of her outstanding patronage of the film and television industries.'

Mr Willis said: 'The Queen has been patron of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, the Entertainment Artistes' Benevolent Fund and the Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund - for which money is raised by Royal Film Performances - since 1952, so for more than 60 years, and visited countless industry organisations, shining a light on the work that we all do and lending her tireless support to our efforts.' He added: 'More recently Her Majesty the Queen starred at the London Olympics as the most memorable Bond girl yet.'

Sir Kenneth kept up the theme of the Queen's unexpected movie appearance at London 2012's opening night when he gave his presentation speech. To laughter from his audience he told the Queen said: '...Your sensational appearance at the opening ceremony of last year's Olympics was especially memorable. 'So much so that several of my colleagues here tonight want you to know that should you wish to take it further into the world of British films that they have a number of scripts with them here this evening. I have to warn you, Your Majesty, not all of these films are fully financed.' Finally 007 - who was not at the event - was mentioned: 'Of course we are happy to deal directly with your agent so Daniel Craig is here this evening.'

BAFTA has enjoyed a long history of involvement and support from the Royal Family, dating from 1959 when HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, was appointed its first president. Since then, the Earl Mountbatten of Burma (the Duke’s uncle) and HRH Princess Anne, the Princess Royal have been Presidents of the Academy. HRH Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, became its fifth President in 2010, a p
ost he currently holds.

Royals attending: HM, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of York, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
Notable guests included Sir Christopher Lee, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Billy Connolly, Damien Lewis (Homeland), Julian Fellowes, Terry Gilliam, Minnie Driver, John Hurt, Penelope Keith, and George Lucas, who flew over specially for the event.

Princess Beatrice and Prince and Princess Michael also attended, according to the CC. :)

Princess Beatrice and Prince and Princess Michael also attended, according to the CC. :)
Molly, actually on the Sophie pic, you can see Princess Micheal of Kent in the background! :)

Among the many accolades HM has received during her long reign, I think this one from BAFTA truly tickled her fancy. What a delightful, and delighted, expression on her face.

The CC also metioned the Duke of Gloucesters daughter Lady Rose which is I think a first for her.

The Queen wins honorary BAFTA Award for being most 'memorable Bond Girl' | Mail Online
4 April 2013

Royals attending: HM, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of York, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
Notable guests included Sir Christopher Lee, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Billy Connolly, Damien Lewis (Homeland), Julian Fellowes, Terry Gilliam, Minnie Driver, John Hurt, Penelope Keith, and George Lucas, who flew over specially for the event.

Are we sure about this? - I didn't see his name in the court circular.

I am not very sure but I think charles look happy

Are we sure about this? - I didn't see his name in the court circular.

I don't think Andrew did attend for that very reason. I did notice, in the lead up to this event, that Beatrice wasn't supposed to attend so I wonder if Andrew is a bit under the weather (flu or something) and that she stepped in for him.

Yes that is Andrew but The Queen didn't see fit to include him in the CC and she has the final word on what is or isn't an official engagement.

Of course there is the error she made last year with including an event for William that he cancelled but it was still listed as an engagement for William.

Proves that she is human.

I was a bit confused when I noticed Andrew was not in the CC but Beatrice was. I assumed it was an error as I definitely saw Andrew next to Sophie!

Did any other websites post pics of actor Robert Hardy with members of the BRF at the Film Reception, or are there just the 2 Zimbio images with The Queen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom