British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As engagements are arranged at least 6 months in advance and that Edward has done engagements at Holyrood House himself this week, alone, I suspect either they knew back in February that Philip needed the surgery (not likely) or it has been a lucky break for The Queen that Edward was scheduled to be at Holyrood the same week - which is the more likely. Still lovely to see them together of course.

The Order of Service says "HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh", so Philip was supposed to be there.

The Order of Service says "HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh", so Philip was supposed to be there.

I agree that it was intended that Philip was to accompany her - which is why I said I suspect either they knew back in February that Philip needed the surgery (not likely) or it has been a lucky break for The Queen that Edward was scheduled to be at Holyrood the same week - which is the more likely.

Very nice to see then use the Royal barge.

Last edited:
I know The Queen and other members of the royal family must miss the Royal Yacth Britannia. Such a shame that yacth was taken away from them and haven't been replaced.

Wonderful idea this trip on board of Gloriana.

How fun! Wonder what people on the bank thought when the Gloriana and the Queen rowed by!

I think the whole idea is just lovely - and that it wasn't a pre-arranged photo op - so much the better. just a nice private summer afternoon with the family.

Last edited:
Love the photos of Sophie with Louise and James

Amazing day...amazing pictures :)
I'm glad that Louise and James are also there :flowers:
Beautiful

I wanted to add that, I didn't notice at first but Sophie took Louise and James. They are cute. And Countess as sleeping beauty! :)
MY favourite royal, truly.

I see the nanny is there with them too. Nice family event.

Love the photos of Sophie with Louise and James

So do I, Lady Louise's pink dress is very pretty.

Edit: Just looked at a bigger photo and noticed that Louise's dress isn't pink, but white with different colours. It looks nice on her.

We have a few photos so far, but I hope we get more. I've just checked Getty Images to see if they had uploaded any. There are two galleries entitled "Coronation Festival Royal Preview" and "Coronation Festival Starts: A Look Back at QEII Chronology." Here they are:

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Coronation Festival Royal Preview
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/EditorialImages/Royalty?parentEventId=170063438

Last edited:
So do I, Lady Louise's pink dress is very pretty.

We have a few photos so far, but I hope we get more. I've just checked Getty Images to see if they had uploaded any. There are two galleries entitled "Coronation Festival Royal Preview" and "Coronation Festival Starts: A Look Back at QEII Chronology." Here they are:

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Coronation Festival Royal Preview
Royal Family Pictures | Royalty Photo Gallery | Getty Images UK

I wouldn't count on that, not at getty at least. HM, Charles and Camilla were followed by PA and getty photographers, so there is a coverage.

Sophie was followed only by Tim Rooke who works for Rex, and Rex pics of Sophie almost never see the light of day.... From what I have seen so far.
But there is one more photographer who could share 1 pic of Sophie, if he shares sth I will post it here...

I wouldn't count on that, not at getty at least. HM, Charles and Camilla were followed by PA and getty photographers, so there is a coverage.

Sophie was followed only by Tim Rooke who works for Rex, and Rex pics of Sophie almost never see the light of day.... From what I have seen so far.
But there is one more photographer who could share 1 pic of Sophie, if he shares sth I will post it here...

I'm checking Rex Features now, and searched for photos of Sophie but none of today's event have shown up. However, I then searched for Lady Louise and Sophie is included in some of them (from today). The photos are in the first few rows of her gallery:

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 15m
Michael, Carole, Pippa and James Middleton are at the Coronation Festival concert in the Royal box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom