British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Andrew, where was daddy's-girl Anne during the service? I was reading the Hello magazine article this afternoon, and she was nowhere to be seen! I said to myself "Where the heck is Anne?" I bet she's the most worried out of everyone. Peter and Zara were there, though.

There's a very nice picture of Princess Anne in this article:

Read more: Duchess of Cornwall is radiant in eau de nil silk as she arrives for the coronation celebrations at Westminster Abbey | Mail Online

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, looked great. At the same time, I am surprised to learn that Prince and Princess Michael attended the garden party. I wonder who invited them.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, looked great. At the same time, I am surprised to learn that Prince and Princess Michael attended the garden party. I wonder who invited them.

Um... probably their family members?

My guess is HM invited Prince and Princess Michael.

The Queen (she's the host). She invites a range of family members who also meet and talk with the visitors. Normally there are 6-8 members of the BRF present at a garden party.

Everybody but William and Harry did garden party duty. The first one was Charles, Camillia, Kate & the Gloucesters. The next was the York trio and Anne & Tim . Last one Ed, Sophie and the Kents.

Harry has been to one garden party, I think. William last attended one with his father in Scotland in 2002. It's been a while for both.

I was just referring to the garden party this year not historical attendance. It does appear that William isn't the biggest garden party fan. You would think that he could have gone to both centerpoint and the party that Kate went to since the garden party was in the late afternoon if he wanted to.

The Queen (she's the host). She invites a range of family members who also meet and talk with the visitors. Normally there are 6-8 members of the BRF present at a garden party.

My guess is HM invited Prince and Princess Michael.

Um... probably their family members?
Prince and Princess Michael are invited as family members ..? What happened to Prince Andrew and his daughters, Prince Henry, Prince William, and others Windsor family members, who could make two appearances?
Some TRF members never fail to emphasise that Prince and Princess Michael are the members of the extended family and of no importance.

Last edited:
Prince and Princess Michael are invited as family members ..? What happened to Prince Andrew and his daughters, Prince Henry, Prince William, and others Windsor family members, who could make two appearances?
Some TRF members never fail to emphasise that Prince and Princess Michael are the members of the extended family and of no importance.

Andrew and his daughters went to a different garden party as did other members of the Royal Family. Why shouldn't Prince & Princess Michael be invited if the Queen wants to invite them.

She has always invited them to royal events, she invites them to Ascot & she invites Michael to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph each year. He is a Prince of the United Kingdom and the grandson of a Monarch, no different to Princes William and Harry at this stage.

They are not all available all of the time. And this is an important message because the "lesser" royals" are needed to cope with events such as Garden Parties. Each GP has 2,500 people (it isnt 8,500 - thats the total over all). They dont talk to everyone but they still need c 6-8 royals in order to cope. Personally, I think they need more like 10-12.

The Guests

"Approximately 8,000 guests attend each garden party" - so in fact they actually need about 20+ royals !!

I've been and it isnt 8000.

On June 4, the Duke of Edinburgh as Past Master and Elder Brother of the Corporation, together with Princess Anne as current Master and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence attended a Corporation of Trinity House Younger Brethren's Dinner at Trinity House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

William and Harry played polo this afternoon

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 8m
Picture: Prince William & Prince Harry at polo this afternoon:

http://t.co/LeYuaJ645T

She does usually attend but it has been said that Trooping the Colour was her last public apperance.

Why isn't she suppose to attend? Didn't she attend it last year or do you mean because of her pregnancy?

Down to this tweet and an article that you yourself posted;
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 16m
#royal #kate The Duchess' last public engagement will be at Trooping the Colour on saturday. There are "no plans" for her to attend Garter.

Kate Middleton attends her last official royal engagement before birth of her baby
HelloMagazine.com

:)

Down to this tweet and an article that you yourself posted;
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 16m
#royal #kate The Duchess' last public engagement will be at Trooping the Colour on saturday. There are "no plans" for her to attend Garter.

:)

I recall clearly the article I posted but there has been no official confirmation that this is her last event, just speculations by the press and royal watchers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom