British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh have hosted a reception at St James's Palace today, to recognise the tenth anniversary of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service. Amongst those attending the event, were representatives from The Woodlands Trust, Madame Curie Cancer Care, Age UK and the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI)-
Home - ITNSource News

St Paul's Cathedral ‏@StPaulsLondon 3h
Four-hour peal of bells to be attempted at St Paul's for the 60th anniversary of the Queen's Coronation http://bit.ly/1776UsP

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 9m
RT @BritishMonarchy: Guests are arriving at Buckingham Palace for the second Garden Party of the season

Last edited:
Very nice that Beatrice & Eugenie supported their grandmother at the Royal Garden Party.

I see no problem with name badges as it allows guests to see who is who. The family all have to wear badges at Royal Ascot to get into the Royal Enclosure, thus not everyone knows who they are there (or they would just be able to walk in and out).

I suppose it is a good idea. There are so many relatives and knowing who they all are would be virtually impossible I would think. It would be rather humerous to be in a room full of royals with name badges and before even making eye contact you would have to check to see who the person is. A tad awkward. :)

Journalism Weekly – Princes William and Harry may testify in Sun payments trial -
Journalism Weekly

@RegalEyes: The Queen, D of Edinburgh, D of York, Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie & the Gloucesters all here at the Derby to enjoy the races & sunshine.

EpsomDownsRacecourse (@EpsomRacecourse) 6/1/13, 5:10 AM HM The Queen arrives at the @investec Derby greeted by our Chairman Anthony Cain pic.twitter.com/rPkQheIOvN

The Jockey Club (@TheJockeyClub)
6/1/13, 5:37 AM
Her Majesty The Queen arrives in blue for the start of Investec Derby day @EpsomRacecourse pic.twitter.com/7eoY66HZMD

all the royal family look gret in wesminter!!! so so big is louise! I still remmeber the day she born!!! catherine perfect and the bump so big!!!
I ee harry a bit sad, of course he plece is no easy for him!

The Duchess of Cornwall accompanied by the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of the Chailey Heritage Foundation visited Grace Kimmins House, Chailey Heritage Foundation, North Chailey, Lewes, East Sussex, today, June 5, 2013.

Great to see these two at a joint event!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** demotix gallery: Duchesses of Cornwall & Gloucester visit Chailey Heritage Foundation **

** zimbio/Gf/Bauer Griffin: Camilla Parker Bowles Visits the Chailey Heritage Foundation **

** theargus.co.uk article and video: Duchess of Cornwall visits Chailey Heritage Foundation to open £3m centre **

Last edited:
Very nice that the Duchesses did an engagement like this together.

That's a great and very unexpected joint engagement, and another "black legend" gone away. It was indeed claimed, some times ago, that there was some kind of frosty relationship between the two duchesses.
Its obviously not the case.
(great speech btw).

You can hear the young man in the wheelchair passing on his congrats to Camilla on the news of William & Catherine's baby at 00:33. Camilla goes on to say that William & Catherine are a lovely couple.

Video:
DUCHESS OF CORNWALL & DUCHESS OF GLOUCESTER TOURS CHAILEY HERITAGE FOUNDATION:
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=DUCHESS%20OF%20CORNWALL%20TOURS%20CHAILEY%20HERITAGE%20FOUNDATION:%20GVS

The Duchesses arrived together but I don't think the person that welcomed them realized that the Duchess of Gloucester was there too.

Last edited:
The Duke of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were present as well. What a beautiful day they got for her, though the men must have been so hot in their suits.

The image of Sophie chatting to Benedict went MAD on Tumblr. I have never seen an image of Sophie get reblogged so much. (Of course that was because of Benedict, but Sophie MADE the image what it is!)

Some of the royals did look a bit glum. I actually thought Prince Andrew was tearing up when the holy oil was being brought up to the alter. I guess they all had Prince Philip's eventual hostpitalization in mind.

Some of the royals did look a bit glum. I actually thought Prince Andrew was tearing up when the holy oil was being brought up to the alter. I guess they all had Prince Philip's eventual hostpitalization in mind.

Forget Andrew, where was daddy's-girl Anne during the service? I was reading the Hello magazine article this afternoon, and she was nowhere to be seen! I said to myself "Where the heck is Anne?" I bet she's the most worried out of everyone. Peter and Zara were there, though.

Last edited:
Anne was there, but the focus of the media is never on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom