The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Kensington Palace to stage Fashion Rules exhibition:
An exhibition of dresses from the collections of HM The Queen, Princess Margaret and Diana, Princess of Wales will open at Kensington Palace in July:
Kensington Palace to stage Fashion Rules exhibition - Telegraph

The Official Kensington Palace Website: Events And Opening Hours
great news!!!! diana always loved kensington palace, was her home, now is the home of william, catherine, bump and harry..........maybe some day we cann see the diana's weding dress with the royal echibition with the queen elizabeth's wedding dress, queen vicrotia's wedding dess.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why would Diana's dress be included with the wedding dresses of Queens? Had she lived and remained married to Charles in time then yes but she never became Queen and so her dress has no place in an exhibition of the other wedding dresses.

There was an exhibition of The Queens Wedding dresses in 2002 for the Golden Jubilee and it was a really well put together display of the 5 wedding dresses of the Queens of the 20th C.

They also had a display of The Queen's dresses through the years and it sound as if some of those dresses, or similar ones, will again be on display e.g. the wattle one she first wore in Australia.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal fashion rules from the Fifties to the Nineties: How the Queen, Margaret and Diana’s style changed over four decades
How the Royals' style changed over four decades | Mail Online

I really like that The Queen, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret's fashion will be on display at Kensington Palace. I think it would be great if a senior member of the royal family helped open the exhibition. A nice part of the 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty's Coronation celebrations.

I think if they will do a theme on Royal Wedding Dresses, I think Diana's wedding dress should be included though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Royal fashion rules from the Fifties to the Nineties: How the Queen, Margaret and Diana’s style changed over four decades
How the Royals' style changed over four decades | Mail Online

I really like that The Queen, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret's fashion will be on display at Kensington Palace. I think it would be great if a senior member of the royal family helped open the exhibition. A nice part of the 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty's Coronation celebrations.

I think if they will do a theme on Royal Wedding Dresses, I think Diana's wedding dress should be included though.
Perhaps Catherine or Sophie could perform the opening?
The Florence dress of Diana's looks like it needs an iron.....
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

If they did a display of 'Royal' Wedding dresses then Diana's, Kate's Sophie's, Anne's, Camilla's, Margaret's etc would be included but if it is only 'Queens' Wedding Dresses than Diana's wouldn't be included - as was the case in 2002 when they did have The Queens' Wedding Dresses only display - Victoria's, Alexandra's, Mary's and the two Elizabeth's - absolutely wonderful.

They had a display of Diana's dresses at KP then.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

may be to the open go the queen and william and harry
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II & Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales Attends Order Of Merit Service:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Getty Images also has a gallery about the service:

Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II Attends Order Of Merit Service

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales have attended the Order of Merit service at St James’ Palace in central London today, after which Her Majesty greeted holders of the Order at Buckingham Palace, where she also posed for a formal group photograph:
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II & Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales Attends Order Of Merit Service:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio
HM looks lovely! Love pic 5!
QEII- Now Charles, dear, please stay awake this time, and don't look bored.C- Yes, of course, darling Mummy.? Has Charles ever been present at TOOM service before? Did Diana ever attend?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Edinburgh, who is Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, will chair the Regimental Council Meeting at Buckingham Palace on May 20th. I'm guessing The Duke of Cambridge will attend along with the Prince of Wales, Duke of Kent and Princess Royal. All ahead of the Trooping of the Colour parade.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duke of Edinburgh, who is Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, will chair the Regimental Council Meeting at Buckingham Palace on May 20th. I'm guessing The Duke of Cambridge will attend along with the Prince of Wales, Duke of Kent and Princess Royal. All ahead of the Trooping of the Colour parade.
Does it say William, Edward and Anne will attend?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles and Prince William call for action to end wildlife crime:
Prince Charles and Prince William call for action to end wildlife crime - WWF UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No, but I do think the Royal Colonels attend these meetings. William will be in London around this time. I could be wrong though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No it doesn't. I think it is as stated - a chairing role so the other's don't attend. Charles has an engagement elsewhere and as it is the Welsh Guards who are taking part this year, if the role was other than chairing by Prince Philip, I think Charles would be there

Rubbish sentence but I hope its understandable.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h
A reminder that tmo Princes #William & #Harry will officially open 4 new #HelpforHeroes Recovery Centres during a visit to Tedworth House.

Live Coverage-
Help for Heroes and BFBS plan to show selected parts of the visit by the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry to our Tedworth House Recovery Centre LIVE here on Monday May 20th..
http://helpforheroes.org.uk/news/rec...ntres-opening/

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Live Streaming Coverage Has Started:
Help for Heroes and BFBS plan to show selected parts of the visit by the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry to our Tedworth House Recovery Centre LIVE here on Monday May 20th..
http://helpforheroes.org.uk/news/rec...ntres-opening/

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some pictures
http://www.apimages.com/Search?query...orderBy=Newest

thanks to HWalesWatch on twitter

EDIT:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ower-Show.html
Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

A busy day for Harry! Prince joins his brother to open a Help for Heroes Recovery centre, before he heads to meet the Queen at the Chelsea Flower Show:
A busy day for Harry! Prince joins his brother to open a Help for Heroes Recovery centre, before he heads to meet the Queen at the Chelsea Flower Show | Mail Online

William & Catherine and Harry received the Help for Heroes shirts with their names on them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles issues battle rallying cry to end poaching:
Prince Charles issues battle rallying cry to end poaching - ITV News

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince William: "Either we take action to stem the trade: or we will run out of the animals."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Will: "I sincerely hope that my generation is not the first on this planet to consider elephants, rhinos or tigers as historical creatures."

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 2h
The Duke of Cambridge has asked his Foundation to work with young people around the world who want to make a difference #endwildlifecrime

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1h
#royal Prince #William stands to speak at #endwildlifecrime conference pic.twitter.com/0sDU6AMEKO

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal #Charles and #William shown some of the products that result in poaching #endwildlifecrime pic.twitter.com/xBVeGZN1El

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison 2h
#royal #William and #Charles also shown range of animals killed for their fur pic.twitter.com/HAExu8ANDu

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1h#endwildlifecrime Bring illegal products into the Uk at your peril pic.twitter.com/5cegs2ZTz6

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1h
#royal #William "consumer deserves to know illegal animal parts' fashionable & luxurious image at odds with barbarity of how parts obtained"

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding