The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

I don't want sound morbid but what if Charles is King by then? The Cambridges would have to go as heirs.
The scenario you mention would mean that it probably would be cancelled. Mourning period would preclude any state visits.

Not morbid - practical question.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
No, she doesn't. She looks just fine to me. I think some people are seeing what they WANT to see.
Well, that can be said about both those who think she looks good and those who think she doesn't...
At the end, we all see what we want to see and believe in what we want to believe

Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

I don't want sound morbid but what if Charles is King by then? The Cambridges would have to go as heirs.
It not morbid at all. The Queen is 87, I am not saying she going to die tomorrow, next week or will be dead by then by but we have to realize that the Queen is not getting any younger and even so her mother lived to 101 doesn't mean she will. Life is unpredictable as you can be here today and gone tomorrow which is why you live everyday to the fullest.

Like Cepe said it a practical question and a good one. Most likely they would postpone the State Visit for a year as the court would go into a Year of Mourning.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Aristocracy

Has it occurred to anyone that a Magazine must have bought the rights to the picutures.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that a Magazine must have bought the rights to the picutures.
There are no official pictures for publication. Private photographers got pictures as the couple drove into Buckingham Palace.

The Queen may have had photographs/videos taken which she MAY choose to publish at a later date.

This is a private royal event for the most senior in the Diplomatic - ie the US Ambassador - and the senior members of the BRF. The BRF does not sell photos to magazines.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Cepe

I hope you are right. selling of such pictures the money can go to charities around the world.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COESpiral View Post
No, she doesn't. She looks just fine to me. I think some people are seeing what they WANT to see.
In this case, w/out a doubt.

As far as no photos of this event...It's a true shame, because it would seem to me as a missed PR chance for the BRF, which the Scandinavian/Nordic Royals do get and understand. In fact, I'd think seeing any of the Royals chatting w/certain Ambassadors would help, at least appearance wise, w/relations in certain Countries.

For example...There's a picture of William and Catherine chatting w/the Pakistani Ambassador, it gets front page coverage back at home and in turn...

As someone else said, it just seems like such a missed chance at good PR not just for the BRF, but the UK too. A shame.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. [/QUOTE]

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets.

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.[/QUOTE]

I think that perhaps it's more what you don't say - these are the most senior diplomats representing their countries so it isn't like chatting to people in a crowd. These people can report back to their Heads of State.

Also - the first time that HMQ says - I want you to help me host such an important function - isn't that enough to make you nervous? This was an important 1st time for William as well.

But it's done now so they are prepared for all the times ahead

Old 12-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets.

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its as simple as that. The Diplomatic reception was probably on a much smaller scale than a full fledged state banquet. I am not really literate at all on the protocols and ins and outs of either but I did happen to find information that gives a clue into state banquets.

Royal Collection - A State Banquet
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
The Court Circular records that the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate were there. Sophie's not mentioned.

It's good to know only the key players of the "Firm" attended this event. I think they are the main ones that should be attending official events like this.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx

With so few senior royals attending it is a low key event - the full family come out for the major royal events such as State Visits and many other receptions.

This is simply a private event hosted by The Queen and her closest family for the Ambassadors and High Commissioners and partners.

High Commissioners are the titles given to Commonwealth country's Heads of Mission and are the same thing as Ambassadors but indicate that the country is in the Commonwealth so the US Ambassador was present but so was the Australian High Commissioner.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are attending the British Military Tournament at Earls Court Exhibition Centre on Saturday.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
With so few senior royals attending it is a low key event - the full family come out for the major royal events such as State Visits and many other receptions.

This is simply a private event hosted by The Queen and her closest family for the Ambassadors and High Commissioners and partners.
It's hardly a low key or a private affair. It's the most important indoor event of the year at Buck House ,the unique state ball of the Bristish Court and one of the few event with the highest level of protocol.

See from 7:19

Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Any word on HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or any other members of the royal family attending Nelson Mandela's funeral? I know that HM rarely attends these types of events outside of the UK, but she had a rather good relationship with Mandela, no?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm thinking The Queen will send The Prince of Wales to the funeral and The Queen and rest of the family will probably attend a memorial service for the late President in London.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm thinking The Queen will send The Prince of Wales to the funeral and The Queen and rest of the family will probably attend a memorial service for the late President in London.
That sounds rather fitting and appropriate.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Agree. I would be very surprised if it were anyone else other than the Prince of Wales.

Although I think it is unlikely, it would be possible that both the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge could attend.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Agree. I would be very surprised if it were anyone else other than the Prince of Wales.

Although I think it is unlikely, it would be possible that both the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge could attend.
I would be surprised if it would be anybody other than the Prince of Wales. Query whether Camilla might accompany him?
Old 12-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm guessing the royals and their officials are working it out on who can attend. It's about re-working planned schedules.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think William and Charles would both go since they can't fly together. Camilla maybe but with the funeral and memorial outside in the heat probably not.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding