British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This visit looked like so much fun. I love the pictures of them with their wands.

Oh, I LOVE this picture :ROFLMAO: :D. So many possibilities for a caption...

It appeared to have been one heck of a fun visit, and I can only imagine how much fun the children had meeting real life princess and princess, AND visit Hogwarts. The video of William on a Batmobile, and his comments about it in his speech had me cracking up. He has a wicked sense of humor.

Can't find a joint thread for the boys so;

@SkyNewsRoyal: #royal Prince #William and Prince #Harry will visit the Help for Heroes Recovery Centre, Tedworth House, Tidworth, Wiltshire on May 20th

More on the Charles and William joint conference appearance;

@ClarenceHouse: The #endwildlifecrime conference will take place at St. James's Palace on 21st May and will be hosted by The Prince of Wales and @DefraGovUK

@ClarenceHouse: The Prince of Wales & The Duke of Cambridge will speak at a conference and call for the end of the illegal wildlife trade #endwildlifecrime

tomorrow or the sunday the wessex will be in the royal horse show??? I cant wait to see the kids!

tomorrow or the sunday the wessex will be in the royal horse show??? I cant wait to see the kids!

Your best bet would be to check the Wessex threads for information, though I haven't seen anything to confirm they're going on a particular day. It is likely they'll show up.

Your best bet would be to check the Wessex threads for information, though I haven't seen anything to confirm they're going on a particular day. It is likely they'll show up.

I would imagine so as Louise has her grandmother's passion for horses. :D

The RWHS doesn't rate as official duties and so doesn't get mentioned in things like the CC or FE.

It is the same as the Badminton Horse Trials - we know from press reports that the entire Philip's family were in attendance daily but none of them were mentioned in the CC as they weren't there officially. Camilla, on the other hand, was there officially and so was mentioned in the CC (she is the patron of the Equestrian Federation in the UK - Anne is involved at an interntional level).

RWHS is just a series of days out for the royals doing things they enjoy and so no announcements about appearances as it is a fun event for them not work.

Put HM at a horse event and the smiles she gives tend to make you believe that she's a young girl again. Even the horrid weather can't dampen her spirits. Love those pictures!

Kensington Palace to stage Fashion Rules exhibition:
An exhibition of dresses from the collections of HM The Queen, Princess Margaret and Diana, Princess of Wales will open at Kensington Palace in July:
Kensington Palace to stage Fashion Rules exhibition - Telegraph

The Official Kensington Palace Website: Events And Opening Hours

great news!!!! :) diana always loved kensington palace, was her home, now is the home of william, catherine, bump and harry..........maybe some day we cann see the diana's weding dress with the royal echibition with the queen elizabeth's wedding dress, queen vicrotia's wedding dess.

Why would Diana's dress be included with the wedding dresses of Queens? Had she lived and remained married to Charles in time then yes but she never became Queen and so her dress has no place in an exhibition of the other wedding dresses.

There was an exhibition of The Queens Wedding dresses in 2002 for the Golden Jubilee and it was a really well put together display of the 5 wedding dresses of the Queens of the 20th C.

They also had a display of The Queen's dresses through the years and it sound as if some of those dresses, or similar ones, will again be on display e.g. the wattle one she first wore in Australia.

Royal fashion rules from the Fifties to the Nineties: How the Queen, Margaret and Diana’s style changed over four decades
How the Royals' style changed over four decades | Mail Online

I really like that The Queen, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret's fashion will be on display at Kensington Palace. I think it would be great if a senior member of the royal family helped open the exhibition. A nice part of the 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty's Coronation celebrations.

I think if they will do a theme on Royal Wedding Dresses, I think Diana's wedding dress should be included though.

Royal fashion rules from the Fifties to the Nineties: How the Queen, Margaret and Diana’s style changed over four decades
How the Royals' style changed over four decades | Mail Online

I really like that The Queen, Princess of Wales and Princess Margaret's fashion will be on display at Kensington Palace. I think it would be great if a senior member of the royal family helped open the exhibition. A nice part of the 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty's Coronation celebrations.

I think if they will do a theme on Royal Wedding Dresses, I think Diana's wedding dress should be included though.

Perhaps Catherine or Sophie could perform the opening?
The Florence dress of Diana's looks like it needs an iron.....

Last edited:
If they did a display of 'Royal' Wedding dresses then Diana's, Kate's Sophie's, Anne's, Camilla's, Margaret's etc would be included but if it is only 'Queens' Wedding Dresses than Diana's wouldn't be included - as was the case in 2002 when they did have The Queens' Wedding Dresses only display - Victoria's, Alexandra's, Mary's and the two Elizabeth's - absolutely wonderful.

They had a display of Diana's dresses at KP then.

Last edited:
may be to the open go the queen and william and harry

Video:
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince of Wales have attended the Order of Merit service at St James’ Palace in central London today, after which Her Majesty greeted holders of the Order at Buckingham Palace, where she also posed for a formal group photograph:
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II & Duke of Edinburgh and The Prince of Wales Attends Order Of Merit Service:
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Zimbio

HM looks lovely! Love pic 5!
QEII- Now Charles, dear, please stay awake this time, and don't look bored.C- Yes, of course, darling Mummy.? Has Charles ever been present at TOOM service before? Did Diana ever attend?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom