The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
And there we have it. I kind of figured that somewhere, somehow, someone would get a picture of the Cambridges in all their finery. They both looked fantastic and I think the Papyrus tiara suits Kate very well. They look every inch the Royal Duke and Duchess they are and I'm sure The Queen was very proud to have them at the reception.

I just hope that Kate never has the misfortune to wear those earrings around George. One beam of light and its "OH! Sparklies!" and a good yank will do quite a bit of damage to an ear lobe. That's a lesson I learned early with my firstborn.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-04-2013, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
No family order yet. Christmas present perhaps?
I really don't expect Kate to be given the family order for quite a while yet. Perhaps after a couple of years actively working as a full time working royal. From what I've heard and read, The Queen takes giving out her Orders very seriously and never just on a whim.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Why they do not release any pic? It is an official event.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Why they do not release any pic? It is an official event.
The British Royals don't always release pictures of inside the palace even if it was an official event.

I'd love to see a full view of Kate.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The British Royals don't always release pictures of inside the palace even if it was an official event.

I'd love to see a full view of Kate.
Thanks
So it is the "inside" that hurts?

I would love to see her full dress. By the way, how could the royal watchers understand just by a single pic (1/4 of her "thorax") of her that her dress is Alexander Mc Queen?? Astonishing!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
. By the way, how could the royal watchers understand just by a single pic (1/4 of her "thorax") of her that her dress is Alexander Mc Queen?? Astonishing!
Either McQueen designer identified it for them, or someone went trawling through his collection to find a similar or matching picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a BRF event so is being discussed in the BRF thread.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Either McQueen designer identified it for them, or someone went trawling through his collection to find a similar or matching picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a BRF event so is being discussed in the BRF thread.
There was also a mention somewhere that this bespoke McQueen gown was possibly slated to be worn by Kate last year at the Winter White Gala. Because of her pregnancy and being so sick, she did not attend.

Perhaps there was a blip released back then before the event with details of the dress that had a gag order on it. She never went, they didn't talk about the dress so perhaps this was the occasion to use it.
― John Lennon
Old 12-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Being an optimist, I am inclined to think we will get either a short video or a picture at some point soon. My optimism extends to extra pics of the Christening in the Queen's Christmas broadcast - perhaps we'll get both together as a Christmas present from Her Majesty
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
The Court Circular records that the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate were there. Sophie's not mentioned.

It's good to know only the key players of the "Firm" attended this event. I think they are the main ones that should be attending official events like this.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Nobility

I think she looks nice for what we can see. I am appalled by the comments section associated with this article. I dont get it. She looks bad, she doesn't deserve to be a princess etc. This all seems to have intensified since she had the baby.

Why build someone up just to tear them down. And I know she's a public figure and this comes with the territory but a young post partum mother can get very easily stressed out and depressed with the day to day of a new baby. She doesn't need needlessly ugly comments.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Its the Daily Mail, so I have found its best just to look at the pictures. They have some of the unhappiest people in the world it seems. And I am not saying that because I only want to hear good things about Kate but they don't seem to like anyone. Rich or poor...a good portion of their readers don't like anyone.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, it's best to just look at the pictures on the DM website. The comments is just too much for me.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have just been looking at the section of latest royal images on the official Royal Monarchy website and it surprises me how something as significant and distinctive as the diplomatic reception isn't included whereas there are pics of William playing basketball, Charles at a Christmas tree festival and Princess Anne at the Hennessey Gold cup - to name just three events in the last couple of days. I think these more everyday events should be included, but how can a reception at BP with most of the senior Royals in attendance go apparently unrecorded other than in a circular? I assume there were some official pics taken, but why would they be deemed unnecessary for the public to gain glimpse of? I don't follow the argument that goes "well that's how it's always been", because there's plenty of examples of protocol being relaxed e.g. new aspects of the State Opening of Parliament being photographed and televised. This is the one aspect of the "spending tax payers' money" argument I find myself in agreement with -i.e. shouldn't the public see something of these majestic (and costly) occasions?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
The Court Circular records that the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate were there. Sophie's not mentioned.

It's good to know only the key players of the "Firm" attended this event. I think they are the main ones that should be attending official events like this.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...aysevents.aspx
Why on earth has Richard Palmer tweeted that Sophie wasn't there...we all know she wasn't. Only the "big guns" of the Firm were there.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I have just been looking at the section of latest royal images on the official Royal Monarchy website and it surprises me how something as significant and distinctive as the diplomatic reception isn't included whereas there are pics of William playing basketball, Charles at a Christmas tree festival and Princess Anne at the Hennessey Gold cup - to name just three events in the last couple of days. I think these more everyday events should be included, but how can a reception at BP with most of the senior Royals in attendance go apparently unrecorded other than in a circular? I assume there were some official pics taken, but why would they be deemed unnecessary for the public to gain glimpse of? I don't follow the argument that goes "well that's how it's always been", because there's plenty of examples of protocol being relaxed e.g. new aspects of the State Opening of Parliament being photographed and televised. This is the one aspect of the "spending tax payers' money" argument I find myself in agreement with -i.e. shouldn't the public see something of these majestic (and costly) occasions?
I happen to think the British royals and palace officials are bullied by the media and public opinion. It seem to be okay for the other European royals (Swedish, Danish, Spanish, Norwegian and so on) to attend regal events in tiara's and royal Orders and share some of it with the media and public but not for the British royals.

It seems like events like the Reception for the Royal Diplomatic Corps used to be pictured and even some videos shown but I think at some point I the late 90's things started to change.

It's a funny and tricky situation but I hope Charles will help bring back that regal glamour the royals once had and share some of that with us. I think one of the main ways to pull it off is to slim down the Monarchy and just have the focus on him, Camilla, William & Catherine and Harry and his future wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Why on earth has Richard Palmer tweeted that Sophie wasn't there...we all know she wasn't. Only the "big guns" of the Firm were there.
I think Richard Palmer was responding to a tweet asking if Sophie attended.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's interesting Dman, I can see your point here. So sad for those of us who want to share in and celebrate our monarchy. The trouble is that it results in having to rely on the Daily Mail - surely not the best of sources or one that has any interest in providing a meaningful context for events such as these.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Courtier

I think this even should be photographed. To be seen is to be believed and all that.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I think this evening should be photographed. To be seen is to be believed and all that.
Absolutely right...
Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
I think this even should be photographed. To be seen is to be believed and all that.
It's a private event invitation only by The Queen, it's not a state visit, it is not a banquet or gala. It is a thank you dinner. I can't imagine most of us would appreciate a photographer sticking their nose in our living rooms if we hosted such an event.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

So many posters full of indignation because it wasn't photographed. Well no one on this forum even noted the event last year (by the way just HMQ,DoE,PoW and DoC) and complained about lack of pictures. Admittedly, I only looked either side of the date.

Lumutqueen is right - it is a private event, hosted by HMQ and she sets the rules. You've all managed without pix in the past and it seems that will continue.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding