The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
No one really knows why the British royals has stopped being seen in their royal regalia on a regular bases. I happen to think the media and public opinion is the cause. I think the some of the media and public is way to hard on the British royals but love it when the other European royals put on they're very best for these kind of events.
Royal regalia is rarely seen - but if you mean "tiara events" - then its state occasions/white tie events only in the UK.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Royal regalia is rarely seen - but if you mean "tiara events" - then its state occasions/white tie events only in the UK.
Yeah, I didn't mean the official State regalia but I meant tiara's and royal orders regalia. Everynow and then you end up getting pictures and video's of this event. I think video clips were shown in one of the recent royal documentaries. Maybe 'Windsor Castle: A Royal Year' or Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work.'

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Well, Harry is mine. You'll have to wait for James.
Good to see that you have your eye on the prize!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
No one really knows why the British royals has stopped being seen in their royal regalia on a regular bases. I happen to think the media and public opinion is the cause. I think the some of the media and public is way to hard on the British royals but love it when the other European royals put on they're very best for these kind of events.
I don't think most of us would admit it in writing but I seriously believe that the grumbling about the lack of photos from the reception tonight are based on one thing only. Everyone and their grandmother's best friend Prudence wants to see The Duchess of Cambridge in a tiara!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't mean the official State regalia but I meant tiara's and royal orders regalia. Everynow and then you end up getting pictures and video's of this event. I think video clips were shown in one of the recent royal documentaries. Maybe 'Windsor Castle: A Royal Year' or Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work.'
If none are published then the royal website might have something tomorrow. OR on instagram.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Excactely we know for a fact it's a tiara event and palace are teasing us.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think most of us would admit it in writing but I seriously believe that the grumbling about the lack of photos from the reception tonight are based on one thing only. Everyone and their grandmother's best friend Prudence wants to see The Duchess of Cambridge in a tiara!
True, but to me, it isn't just about Catherine. Seeing the senior members of the British royal family in their tiara's, Order's and military wear is very rare. I think it's beautiful and an honor to see the ladies wearing their tiara's, royal orders (sashes and family orders). The men in their suits, military medals, sashes and orders. It's such a great thing to see and we don't get a chance to see it is sad, IMO.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
True, but to me, it isn't just about Catherine. Seeing the senior members of the British royal family in their tiara's, Order's and military wear is very rare. I think it's beautiful and an honor to see the ladies wearing their tiara's, royal orders (sashes and family orders). The men in their suits, military medals, sashes and orders. It's such a great thing to see and we don't get a chance to see it is sad, IMO.
Oh I agree with you 120%. Seeing all the glamour and pomp and pageantry is the stuff that dreams are made of. The men are stately and handsome while the women are beautiful and graceful. I think I've just realized just why I will watch My Fair Lady whenever its on. Bygone eras just seem to have a bit more class and sparkle in their fashions than what we have currently.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 44m
The annual diplomatic reception is the largest event Her Majesty hosts at Buckingham Palace. Main part of reception takes place in Ball Room

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 43m
Over 1,500 people are invited from around 130 countries, including members of the British government & the Archbishops of Canterbury & York.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 41m
Because the Court is still based at St James’s Palace (and not Buckingham Palace), foreign diplomats are accredited to the Court of St James

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 40m
It is a white tie event, which is the most formal dress code and does include tiaras and the like. Kate will almost certainly be wearing one
Old 12-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

I really hope they will release some photo's, especially because Kate is attending...
We haven't seen her wearing a tiara for so long...
Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

A tiara and we won't get to see it! It's kinda like finding out Santa is not a real being.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

Yes that's true! I'm desperately hoping to see some pics of it....
I think we have a very, very, very small chance, but well... Probably they publish some pics tomorrow...
I'm still hoping for it..
Old 12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
I really hope they will release some photo's, especially because Kate is attending...
We haven't seen her wearing a tiara for so long...
They have released one picture in the past, cepe found it from the BRF website. Just because Catherine MIGHT wear a tiara, it is expected but it's been expected before and she hasn't worn one, doesn't mean the BRF are going to release pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
A tiara and we won't get to see it! It's kinda like finding out Santa is not a real being.
SANTA'S NOT REAL?!

Ella Kay ‏@royaltywithella 5m
I don't think photos are ever released from diplomatic receptions, BUT we've had tiara pics of Camilla arriving in past years...
Old 12-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
SANTA'S NOT REAL?!
AdmirerUS, you are seriously mistaken. Santa is real, there is even an emoticon for him.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Lumutqueen: I know, they probably won't release photos because Kate is attending, but I'm just hoping for it. According to Ella Kay, we can probably have some pictures from the arrival..
Old 12-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

What I don't understand is why this was not in the Royal Engagements diary on the Royal website.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Anybody knows at what time this reception starts?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
What I don't understand is why this was not in the Royal Engagements diary on the Royal website.
It's an event that passes by without much mention at all. I know some are saying that there are no pictures being released because William & Catherine don't want to be seen stepping on Charles & Camilla's toes but that's not true at all. This event happens every November or December of every year and there's very little to no information about it happening.

It's a grand affair with The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh and members of the royal family entering one of the state rooms to fanfare and dressed to the nines in tiara's, royal orders and military gear. They greet and meet the diplomatic representatives and just have a good time at the reception.

It's a miracle if you get a picture and video of this event. It may get a mention in the official Court Circular.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I've just worked out the answer to my own question - this is not a "public" event - it is a personal invitation from HMQ.

I get a tad peeved by so-called fans of Catherine and William who want them at the centre of royal events. Royal life does not centre around them, and to be fair I dont think they want that. They have their place in the BRF and it isn't at the top of the list.

They aren't celebrities.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

The only tiny hope to see Kate in her first tiara outing is a picture of her arriving at the reception, like Camilla some years ago :

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding