The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, with The Princess Royal, listen to poetry readings at a reception at Buckingham Palace for contemporary British poetry, 19 November 2013-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/10962838034/

Video:
Royals Host Reception for Contemporary British Poetry-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...itish%20Poetry

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-25-2013, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 9m
REMINDER: Prince Charles, President of WWF UK, and Prince William, Patron of The Royal Foundation, will visit the Zoological Society, Nov 26

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2h
Charles and William have visited the tigers at @zsllondonzoo. The keepers spray perfume to stimulate their scent marking attributes ...(1/2)

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2h
...the favourite scents of the tigers at @zsllondonzoo who "met" the royals are Old Spice and Jo Malone. (2/2)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 24m
Prince William, seeking to save African wildlife from poachers, says: "Hopefully, next year I will get to go out to Kenya sometime."

Prince William and Prince Charles in fight to end wildlife poaching-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...dlife-poaching

Pictures:
Inside the 'United for Wildlife' Meeting-
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/UYkH1...Prince+William

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 5h
Unannounced reception at Windsor Castle: The Queen and Prince Philip gave a Reception for the Association of Royal Yachtsmen.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 5h
The Duke of York, with Princess Beatrice of York, and The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence were also present.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
William's training to be king -- with Kate, the prince will attend tonight's annual Diplomatic Reception hosted by the Queen at Buck Palace.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
William's training to be king -- with Kate, the prince will attend tonight's annual Diplomatic Reception hosted by the Queen at Buck Palace.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission
Same source says white tie event but no pictures.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Same source says white tie event but no pictures.
White tie means there'll be tiaras?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
White tie means there'll be tiaras?
Quite right, though it is unlikely that we will see the pictures
Old 12-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Marry a reigning monarch, crown prince or princess and in the UK the heir-to the-heir and the job is yours.
Thanks, but no thanks. I already married a surly Englishman.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite right, though it is unlikely that we will see the pictures
Official pictures have been shown in the past

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dip1_large.jpg

but they are few

Old 12-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h

There are 172 foreign missions in the UK. In the Palace ballroom, the Queen -- and William and Kate -- will meet every head of mission.

No images will be released of tonight's white tie annual Diplomatic Reception

I'm hoping some pictures will emerge of this grand event. Such a shame they stopped pictures and videos of this event.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No photos;

@RoyalCentral: Prince William and Kate are at a white tie Diplomatic reception with The Queen at the Palace today, though no photos will be released.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why there will be no photo's released. Does anyone know the reason behind this?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

The lack of photo's from the annual Diplomatic Reception is both mystifying and annoying. Do they hope to keep it a secret, and if so why ?

Are they afraid the populace may resent the existence of White Tie occasions, and storm the gates ?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The lack of photo's from the annual Diplomatic Reception is both mystifying and annoying. Do they hope to keep it a secret, and if so why ?

Are they afraid the populace may resent the existence of White Tie occasions, and storm the gates ?
This is how it has been managed for years. There are photos released sometimes. I posted one earlier in this thread.

Just cos William and Catherine are attending, why should HMQ change? It is not mystifying - it is how it has always been.

PS - no one cared to complain about this before.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Are there usually pictures of the Annual Diplomatic Reception?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

here's one I found

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dip1_large.jpg

BRF do not do photo galleries, photo shoots etc. But who knows, maybe some will be issued.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is how it has been managed for years. There are photos released sometimes. I posted one earlier in this thread.

Just cos William and Catherine are attending, why should HMQ change? It is not mystifying - it is how it has always been.

PS - no one cared to complain about this before.
Thank you that answered my question above. Yes I think peoples are getting up arms or suspicious because William and Catherine are gong to be there. The Queen shouldn't have to change anything just be because of them, It fine the way it is. Peoples will just have to deal with it that there not gong to be photos for 1 night.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

No one really knows why the British royals has stopped being seen in their royal regalia on a regular bases. I happen to think the media and public opinion is the cause. I think the some of the media and public is way to hard on the British royals but love it when the other European royals put on they're very best for these kind of events.

I was kind of surprised that this event was even mentioned because it usually slip by without an announcement, pictures and video. You don't even know this event took place if no one say anything about it. I guess because William & Catherine will be attending the royal reporters decided to bring it to the public's attention.

I have always thought it was a shame that this great and important event takes place without much notice and with the royals in they're very best.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

I would think it would be mostly a matter of security. Not in security around Buckingham Palace itself, but perhaps the photo identities and whereabouts of the 172 foreign ambassadors that are scheduled to attend.

You have to admit its pretty impressive to realize that in one room, there will be representatives of just about every nation on the planet. Its not a gawk and awe event.

Then again I could be totally off base.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding