The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 PM

Photos: Princes William, Harry and Pippa Middleton at James Meade's wedding

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton attended the wedding of James Meade over the weekend. They looked smashing, but do you think they stole the spotlight from the newlyweds? I think the bride and groom look fab, and a touch of royalty at any wedding should always be welcome!

See the photos: Pippa Middleton seizes the style spotlight at royal wedding

Old 09-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral-
Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral | Mail Online

Good to see the family out and about on a shoot at Balmoral. I see Tom is there too. Perhaps Missy is back at Balmoral with Catherine and George.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral-
Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral | Mail Online

Good to see the family out and about on a shoot at Balmoral. I see Tom is there too. Perhaps Missy is back at Balmoral with Catherine and George.
It says in the article that there may have been a photo taken of the heirs, including George. Hope this is true and we see it soon :)
Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is anyone else kind of amazed that both the Queen and the DoE are still able to drive?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 AM
Nobility

Our Prime Minister (NZ) John Key and his family are visiting the Queen and her family (including Prince George) this weekend at Balmoral
Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

It's nice the PM Key could visit especially with the speculation that they Cambridges will be going to Australia and NZ next year. I am not surprised by the queen and Philip driving. They especially the queen get driven so much they probably enjoy doing it themselves.

You think the Daily Mail would recognize that is Tom Van Straubeezee with Will. It is like the other headline with Harry attends Diana's nephew wedding while not just say Harry attends cousin's wedding.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Is anyone else kind of amazed that both the Queen and the DoE are still able to drive?
They are both driving on a private estate ( so they're unlikely to encounter traffic/need quick reactons). The article says the Queen restricts her driving to her private estates. There is also someone alongside to grab the wheel if necessary - but I agree it is good to see that both are keen to continue to partake in as many everyday activities as they can - age appears to be no barrier. DoE looks quite frail in the pic - hope his recovery is going well.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not in the least surprised. Age does not necessarily mean you lose all your abilities to do everything.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's how I drive, only around my home. I'm not going out in that crazy world of driving.

Looks like they're having a good time at Balmoral. I wonder if Tom will be one of George's godfather's?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Just spotted that Zara is also attending the Charity boxing event as well as Harry and Eugenie. Also Pippa Middleton

Pippa Middleton glows in orange as stars turn out for Boodles Boxing Ball | Royal | News | Daily Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice there as well - and she looks amazing!

Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson lead the young royals as they attend Boodles Boxing Ball | Mail Online

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Which of their kids do you think will take the keys away from them?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Not in the least surprised. Age does not necessarily mean you lose all your abilities to do everything.
While age doesn't necessarily mean that you lose the ability to do everything, driving is one of those things that requires senses and abilities that are more limited - it's why seniors have their driving abilities tested. Statistics show that other than young, male drivers, drivers over 70 have the highest accident rates. Given their ages I think it's very logical to be surprised that they're both still able to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Which of their kids do you think will take the keys away from them?
I could actually see any one of them stepping up to it if need be, although the act of doing so should only happen if they are incapable of safely driving - my amazement at the issue isn't because I feel they shouldn't be driving so much as I think it's surprising that they're both able to (presumably) safely drive, although as they are driving I assume that they are able to do so safely.

That said, if say what we're not being shown is the hoards of photographers who had to jump out of the way lest they be run down by the DoE, then I would nominate Anne to take the keys away. Somehow I can see her as being the one to lay down the law in that regards, with the boys I think it'd be more of a struggle.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:33 AM
Administrator

Here are two galleries of the ball Harry, Zara, Beatrice and Eugenie with boyfriends attended:

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: Boodles Boxing Ball **

** zimbio: Katherine Jenkins and Natalie Pinkham at the Boodles Boxing Ball **
Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This article made me mad - Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson (whoever he is) are guests of honour when there were three members of the Royal Family in attendance. Either the DM got it wrong or the organisers need to purchase a copy of Debretts and learn about precedence. Then "they weren't the only royals to attend". Considering neither Miss Middleton nor Mr Jackson are royal they certainly weren't the royals who attended.

Typical Daily Mail - cannot get even the simplest facts correct.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
This article made me mad - Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson (whoever he is) are guests of honour when there were three members of the Royal Family in attendance. Either the DM got it wrong or the organisers need to purchase a copy of Debretts and learn about precedence. Then "they weren't the only royals to attend". Considering neither Miss Middleton nor Mr Jackson are royal they certainly weren't the royals who attended. Typical Daily Mail - cannot get even the simplest facts correct.
This wasn't an event where precedence really matters.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The coy Royal: Harry joins Beatrice, Eugenie, Pippa and Zara at Boodles Boxing Ball (but did he spend any time with stunning girlfriend Cressida?)
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turn up to Boodles Boxing Ball with their boyfriends in tow, but did Harry spend any time with Cressida? | Mail Online

Looks like they had a good time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Cressida Bonas, joined boyfriend Prince Harry for an evening of entertainment at the Boodles Boxing Ball held at the Grosvenor House Hotel
Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William and Prince Charles both take the wheel as they drive Kate and Camilla to church in Balmoral - but there's no sign of a baby in the back-
Prince William and Prince Charles both take the wheel as they drive Kate and Camilla to church in Balmoral - but there's no sign of a baby in the back | Mail Online

Good to see the family attending church together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
This wasn't an event where precedence really matters.
Whether precedence matters or not, if a royal is at an event then the royal is usually the guest of honour not someone who is not.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding