British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its just reporters having a moan, but I dont think generally that people are confused at all.

It exactly that most of those reporters are just looking at this from a business perspective.

I don't think if has anything to do with the younger royals selling more or gaining more attention. I think most people would think at least William & Catherine would attend these State Banquets and the Festival of Remembrance because they are senior royals and no longer held up by military life in Anglesey. That was the excuse that the royal reporters, courtiers and others used to bring up when asked about their lack of attendance. They can no longer use that excuse.

William is of the senior hereditary line of the House of Windsor. He is second in the line of succession. I wouldn't say that he is a senior royal in the Firm quite yet. He's got a lot of ropes to climb and boots to polish before he will actually take his place as a senior working royal. His Granny and his Dad are going to make sure he learns them all though.

The press, courtiers, aides and Old Aunt Gladys down the road can make all the excuses they want from having a hangnail to Lupo ate his sock but it still boils down to the fact that William has no control over going here, there or on a whim, dress as a chicken in the Easter parade. If it is a royal engagement, event or service, who attends is at the discretion of the Queen.

So, no one really has any reason to make excuses at all. William knows where he is in the scheme of things, his Dad knows where he's going and his Granny is keeping an eagle eye on it all and making sure all is well with the Firm. Its worked for over 60 years and I don't see it failing yet.

Perhaps William & Catherine will be introduced to these major events next year as part of their "transitional" year.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #Queen & #Camilla arrive at Ebony Horse Club in Brixton pic.twitter.com/35pieM0zxP

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 44s
The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall at @EbonyHorseClub in Brixton today pic.twitter.com/OIWAYXJIAb

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Duchess of Cornwall is Patron of Ebony Horse Club and invited the #Queen to accompany her pic.twitter.com/ULR442Sr5x

Last edited:
Last edited:
Video:
The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall have met young riders and their horses at Ebony Horse Club and Community Riding Centre in Brixton today.

The royal party toured the club’s facilities which include stables and classrooms, before Her Majesty unveiled a commemorative plaque to mark today’s visit.

The club, which is a registered charity, helps to improve the life skills and aspirations of children from disadvantaged backgrounds and includes ITV News presenter Alastair Stewart amongst its patrons-
Home - ITNSource News

Looks to me that both ladies had a very nice visit. Horses are such great animals and what the horse club is doing is so wonderful. So glad the Duchess is a patron of this organization.

I dont remember where but i read some days ago that , according to some people, "the Queen doesn't like Camilla" or "Camilla isn't at ease in the presence of the Queen".

They're just a bunch of "neigh sayers". If there is a primary interest that the Queen and Camila share, its horses. :D

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #Queen & #Camilla arrive at Ebony Horse Club in Brixton pic.twitter.com/35pieM0zxP

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 44s
The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall at @EbonyHorseClub in Brixton today pic.twitter.com/OIWAYXJIAb

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 6m
#royal Duchess of Cornwall is Patron of Ebony Horse Club and invited the #Queen to accompany her pic.twitter.com/ULR442Sr5x

I dont remember where but i read some days ago that , according to some people, "the Queen doesn't like Camilla" or "Camilla isn't at ease in the presence of the Queen".

That's indeed pretty obvious :

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton - Zimbio

Nice gallery from today :

The Queen And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Ebony Horse Club And Community Riding Centre, Brixton Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
Lovely photos of the 2 horse lovers.

love that Camilla had some treats in her purse for the horses!

love that Camilla had some treats in her purse for the horses!

I bet if we had the chance to take a peek, the Queen would also have some in her trusty handbag. ;)

Wow does HM ever look amazing in that shade of coral. Camilla, Camilla...Bringing a bag of mints along w/her. Sneaky Duchess bringing along a favourite treat of the ponies. ;)

Both looked like they were enjoying their day out together. What an amazing concept though and sounds like it's already making a difference in that area. It would be great if it could expand and perhaps go outside of Britain someday.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 9h
The schedule for State Visit of the President of S. Korea next week has been released. Many members of Royal Family involved, more to follow

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
Prince Harry will accompany Prince Philip to Field of Remembrance at W. Abbey on 7th. They’ll each lay a cross at graves of unknown soldiers

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
The Last Post will sound followed by a two minutes’ silence after which TRH will visit plots meeting veterans from past & recent conflicts.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 6m
Prince Philip will be in his Naval Uniform, with Prince Harry in the uniform of Blues & Royals officer (Army Air Corps beret).

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 9h
The schedule for State Visit of the President of S. Korea next week has been released. Many members of Royal Family involved, more to follow

I love state visits!

I love state visits!

So do I. I just wish there was more video coverage of these State Visits. At least on the official Monarchy Website. I think it would be a great idea for the palace officials and press team to provide Live Video Coverage of the State Visits. You know, Live Coverage of the arrivals, welcoming ceremony and the arrivals for the State Banquet. I also enjoy the coverage C-Span provide of the State Visits at The White House. I guess I'm a formal ceremony geek but I really would like to see more of the British State Visits.

So do I. I just wish there was more video coverage of these State Visits. At least on the official Monarchy Website. I think it would be a great idea for the palace officials and press team to provide Live Video Coverage of the State Visits. You know, Live Coverage of the arrivals, welcoming ceremony and the arrivals for the State Banquet. I also enjoy the coverage C-Span provide of the State Visits at The White House. I guess I'm a formal ceremony geek but I really would like to see more of the British State Visits.

I wish there was a lot more coverage too Dman. The British monarchy are much more private though, which I appreciate but at times it frustrates me. I think if they were much more open with the press and released photos and allowed these types of things to be filmed, they would perhaps not be bothered so much.

I do like that we get clips of the family arriving into the room for dinner and the speeches by the guest head of state and the Queen, but I do wish we saw much more.

I wish there was a lot more coverage too Dman. The British monarchy are much more private though, which I appreciate but at times it frustrates me. I think if they were much more open with the press and released photos and allowed these types of things to be filmed, they would perhaps not be bothered so much.

I do like that we get clips of the family arriving into the room for dinner and the speeches by the guest head of state and the Queen, but I do wish we saw much more.

Yeah, I just wish would see more of these important State Visits.

On a previous note:

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
The Field of Remembrance is a very long-standing engagement for the Duke of Edinburgh. Harry's presence suggests he make take it on, one day

Last edited:
Yeah, I just wish would see more of these important State Visits.

On a previous note:

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1h
The Field of Remembrance is a very long-standing engagement for the Duke of Edinburgh. Harry's presence suggests he make take it on, one day

It makes sense, as Harry certainly looks to be a career solider. I really hope we get video from this, as I've heard it's a really moving ceremony.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 3h
Both Prince Edward & Prince William are to attend the British Military Tournament this year. Prince Edward on 7th December, William on 8th.

JB ‏@Royal_beans 1h
REMINDER: The Duke of Edinburgh accompanied by Prince Henry of Wales will attend the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey on Nov 7

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 3h
Both Prince Edward & Prince William are to attend the British Military Tournament this year. Prince Edward on 7th December, William on 8th.

What is the British Military Tournament?

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 24m
London Poppy Day! William & Kate meeting poppy supporters at KP 10am. Philip & Harry opening Westminster Abbey Field of Remembrance 11am.

Video:
The Duke of Edinburgh was accompanied by Prince Harry today when he made his annual visit to the Field of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. The royals paid their respects by each laying a Cross of Remembrance in front of two wooden crosses from the Graves of Unknown British Soldiers from the First and Second World Wars-
Home - ITNSource News

What a carry on! Kate and William join Barbara Windsor to surprise shoppers with unannounced visit to high street poppy sellers-
When the Windsors met Barbara Windsor: Wills and Kate join actress on London bus to mark capital's poppy day | Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom