British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos: Princes William, Harry and Pippa Middleton at James Meade's wedding

The Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton attended the wedding of James Meade over the weekend. They looked smashing, but do you think they stole the spotlight from the newlyweds? I think the bride and groom look fab, and a touch of royalty at any wedding should always be welcome!

See the photos: Pippa Middleton seizes the style spotlight at royal wedding

:)
http://www.theloop.ca/style/trendin...n-seizes-the-style-spotlight-at-royal-wedding

Last edited:
Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral-
Royals at the wheel: The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince William take their 4x4s for a spin around Balmoral | Mail Online

Good to see the family out and about on a shoot at Balmoral. I see Tom is there too. Perhaps Missy is back at Balmoral with Catherine and George.

It says in the article that there may have been a photo taken of the heirs, including George. Hope this is true and we see it soon :)

Is anyone else kind of amazed that both the Queen and the DoE are still able to drive?

Our Prime Minister (NZ):nzflag::nzflag: John Key and his family are visiting the Queen and her family (including Prince George) this weekend at Balmoral

It's nice the PM Key could visit especially with the speculation that they Cambridges will be going to Australia and NZ next year. I am not surprised by the queen and Philip driving. They especially the queen get driven so much they probably enjoy doing it themselves.

You think the Daily Mail would recognize that is Tom Van Straubeezee with Will. It is like the other headline with Harry attends Diana's nephew wedding while not just say Harry attends cousin's wedding.

Is anyone else kind of amazed that both the Queen and the DoE are still able to drive?
They are both driving on a private estate ( so they're unlikely to encounter traffic/need quick reactons). The article says the Queen restricts her driving to her private estates. There is also someone alongside to grab the wheel if necessary - but I agree it is good to see that both are keen to continue to partake in as many everyday activities as they can - age appears to be no barrier. DoE looks quite frail in the pic - hope his recovery is going well.

Not in the least surprised. Age does not necessarily mean you lose all your abilities to do everything.

That's how I drive, only around my home. I'm not going out in that crazy world of driving.

Looks like they're having a good time at Balmoral. I wonder if Tom will be one of George's godfather's?

Which of their kids do you think will take the keys away from them?;)

Not in the least surprised. Age does not necessarily mean you lose all your abilities to do everything.

While age doesn't necessarily mean that you lose the ability to do everything, driving is one of those things that requires senses and abilities that are more limited - it's why seniors have their driving abilities tested. Statistics show that other than young, male drivers, drivers over 70 have the highest accident rates. Given their ages I think it's very logical to be surprised that they're both still able to drive.

Which of their kids do you think will take the keys away from them?;)

I could actually see any one of them stepping up to it if need be, although the act of doing so should only happen if they are incapable of safely driving - my amazement at the issue isn't because I feel they shouldn't be driving so much as I think it's surprising that they're both able to (presumably) safely drive, although as they are driving I assume that they are able to do so safely.

That said, if say what we're not being shown is the hoards of photographers who had to jump out of the way lest they be run down by the DoE, then I would nominate Anne to take the keys away. Somehow I can see her as being the one to lay down the law in that regards, with the boys I think it'd be more of a struggle.

This article made me mad - Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson (whoever he is) are guests of honour when there were three members of the Royal Family in attendance. Either the DM got it wrong or the organisers need to purchase a copy of Debretts and learn about precedence. Then "they weren't the only royals to attend". Considering neither Miss Middleton nor Mr Jackson are royal they certainly weren't the royals who attended.

Typical Daily Mail - cannot get even the simplest facts correct.

This article made me mad - Pippa Middleton and Nico Jackson (whoever he is) are guests of honour when there were three members of the Royal Family in attendance. Either the DM got it wrong or the organisers need to purchase a copy of Debretts and learn about precedence. Then "they weren't the only royals to attend". Considering neither Miss Middleton nor Mr Jackson are royal they certainly weren't the royals who attended. Typical Daily Mail - cannot get even the simplest facts correct.

This wasn't an event where precedence really matters.

Clearly a weekend when what wasn't in the pictures caught our attention more than what did.

Ah to be young, wealthy, well groomed and spiffily dressed and at the Boodles Ball or Balmoral. :bee::bee::bee:

Whether precedence matters or not, if a royal is at an event then the royal is usually the guest of honour not someone who is not.

Not necessarily, all depends upon sponsors, money, who wants to get noticed who doesn't. By the behaviour of all the royals attend they were there for a night out, not to be paraded as "the guest of honour".

Prince William and Prince Charles both take the wheel as they drive Kate and Camilla to church in Balmoral - but there's no sign of a baby in the back-
Prince William and Prince Charles both take the wheel as they drive Kate and Camilla to church in Balmoral - but there's no sign of a baby in the back | Mail Online

I love the look on Kate's face in the close-up. She's probably missing baby, and thinking, "oh, I wonder what George is doing?" It's very hard to be away from the little darlings at that age.

Or, she may be thinking a million things. We can't know. Glad she went to church though and hope she prayed for the little darling.

That said, if say what we're not being shown is the hoards of photographers who had to jump out of the way lest they be run down by the DoE, then I would nominate Anne to take the keys away. Somehow I can see her as being the one to lay down the law in that regards, with the boys I think it'd be more of a struggle.

I agree, it should be Anne to take the keys from her father.

You have to love the crazies that post comments on the daily mail stories. They are complaining at the bottom of the royals going to church story about the royals in different cars since it is bad for the environment. They are forgetting the small fact that the queen, Charles and William can't be in the same car.

Or, she may be thinking a million things. We can't know. Glad she went to church though and hope she prayed for the little darling.

Of course we can't know. But I do know that one feels wistful when separated from one's infant, even when it's only for an hour. Perhaps she was hoping that brussel sprouts weren't on the lunch menu- or even that they were!

You have to love the crazies that post comments on the daily mail stories. They are complaining at the bottom of the royals going to church story about the royals in different cars since it is bad for the environment. They are forgetting the small fact that the queen, Charles and William can't be in the same car.

Actually if anything, to me the pictures reveal that William and Catherine have probably been staying with the Queen and Prince Phillip at Balmoral rather than at Birkhall with C&C. Had they come to Crathie from Birkhall, they would probably have come in the same car as C&C, whilst from Balmoral, they would be in a separate car as HM and Prince Phillip usually use the state Bentley when going to Crathie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom