British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How lovely that Louise and James came, they are such cuties. I am not loving Louise's dress, but I love James' shirt and shorts. His little shoes were adorable as well, and he looks so cheeky!

Nice to see the Queen so happy and the weather was beautiful for the day.

Um...what is that around Sophie's neck for the gala this evening...?

pic.twitter.com/pJsSysDr6x

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qc40tz.png

I am not sure why people make such a big deal of the Middleton's being present as you can see Christopher Rhys Jones, Sophie's father, next to Carole. It's definitely his profile. He is obviously not as famous, but the press get all excited when the Middleton's are there. Calm down, press, they aren't the first in-laws to be invited anywhere! Christopher attended the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations and he was invited to attend new year at Sandringham the first year his wife died.

Love that Margarita and Charles Armstrong-Jones are there, it's a shame Louise wasn't able to attend. Even Estella and Eloise Taylor attended. Perhaps Louise hasn't finished school yet of course.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is making a big deal about the Middleton's being at the festival concert. It's a nice family event.

Attending family events isn't the issue - it is attending other events and expecting to be treated like royalty e.g the Royal Box at Wimbledon when not with Kate. Zara, the Queen's own granddaughter didn't sit in the Royal Box but Pippa did - that is what people object to.

Camilla's sister sat in the royal box with her, Diana's siblings also did the same thing. They are invited to these events and are treated with respect because of their relations. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I don't see why Pippa needs to be with Kate in order to sit in the Royal Box. It's not like the royal box is reserved for just royals. From what I've read, anyone can sit in the royal box as long as they have an invitation from the Chairman of the All England Club.

There were plenty of celebs, sports athletes and politicians sitting in the royal box this year, so I don't know why people would object to Pippa being there.

Lovely pictures! So nice to see the members of the extended family, as well as senior royals at an event. Louise and James are delightful as usual (and I'm not a fan of Louise's dress, though the color is lovely on her).

I don't see why Pippa needs to be with Kate in order to sit in the Royal Box. It's not like the royal box is reserved for just royals. From what I've read, anyone can sit in the royal box as long as they have an invitation from the Chairman of the All England Club.

There were plenty of celebs, sports athletes and politicians sitting in the royal box this year, so I don't know why people would object to Pippa being there.

True, it is the Chairman who determines who can and cannot sit in the royal box. Even members of the royal family require approval of the Chairman to bring a guest to the box.

Simply love it when the family gathers like this!

Camilla's sister sat in the royal box with her, Diana's siblings also did the same thing. They are invited to these events and are treated with respect because of their relations. I wouldn't expect anything less.

But as we keep hearing whenever someone questions Kate's lifestyle, workload, etc., Kate is not the wife of the heir, so she should not be held to the standard of Diana or even Camilla. So why should the Middletons receive the "perks" the families of those ladies got/get?

But as we keep hearing whenever someone questions Kate's lifestyle, workload, etc., Kate is not the wife of the heir, so she should not be held to the standard of Diana or even Camilla. So why should the Middletons receive the "perks" the families of those ladies got/get?

I don't get it, if you're invited to sit in the royal box do you turn it down? Erm nope. If The Duke of Kent saw it fit to invite the Middletons, just as he invited numerous celebrities, veteran tennis players, comedians etc how does it count as a perk? Same goes for last nights concert, The Queen wouldn't invite anyone to her celebrations unless she saw fit.

Well, this is not the thread to really get into this and I apologize for saying this here but there are "perks" that comes with being associated with the royal family. Perks that Catherine, Sophie, Camilla, Diana families, enjoy or enjoyed. It's an interesting situation because the association have it's upsides and downsides. If you receive the invite, you go. That's just how things are.

You wouldn't see me turning down a royal invite, unless I was seriously ill or something. I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

Catherine is pretty much the third lady of the land. A pretty important woman.

Last edited:

Eve2Eden, think of it like this: what would people say, if the Middletons weren't invited? It would seem as if they were excluded from the family. There would probably be talk that they are not noble enough (which would be a PR disaster).

By taking part it is clear to everybody that they are respected and welcomed family members. Also it makes it easier for the Middletons to join in future family events. All in all a good way to show that they are fully integrated.:flowers:

do we have the full list of all the family members who attended? i can't find a picture which shows everyone in the royal box.

Tomorrow in Court circular we will get most likely names of royals who attended.

Unusually for an event like this the CC didn't give a comprehensive list but:

The Queen, accompanied by The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and other Members of the Royal Family, this afternoon attended a preview of the Coronation Festival in the garden of Buckingham Palace and was received by the Secretary of the Royal Warrant Holders Association (Mr. Richard Peck).
Her Majesty, accompanied by other Members of the Royal Family, this evening gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace before attending the Coronation Festival Gala in the garden

For me doing a count - only those specifically mentioned get a credit so HM gets 2, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie and Anne get 1 each and the other members of the family we see as being present don't get a credit at all.

pic.twitter.com/pJsSysDr6x

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qc40tz.png

I am not sure why people make such a big deal of the Middleton's being present as you can see Christopher Rhys Jones, Sophie's father, next to Carole. It's definitely his profile. He is obviously not as famous, but the press get all excited when the Middleton's are there. Calm down, press, they aren't the first in-laws to be invited anywhere! Christopher attended the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations and he was invited to attend new year at Sandringham the first year his wife died.

Love that Margarita and Charles Armstrong-Jones are there, it's a shame Louise wasn't able to attend. Even Estella and Eloise Taylor attended. Perhaps Louise hasn't finished school yet of course.

I also think that it was good to see Charles and Margarita Armstrong-Jones attend. I didn't know that Eloise and Estella Taylor attended as well. There are two photos (they're small ones though as the large ones have a few watermarks on them) that I haven't seen before of the Royal Box on Isopix:

http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnail...-8af1-4219-8b6c-5a36df869cd5/21146087-022.JPG
http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnail...-8af1-4219-8b6c-5a36df869cd5/21146087-021.JPG

Last edited:
Pictures:
Prince William & Prince Harry smile after the Jerudong Trophy at Cirencester Park Polo Club-
House of Windsor

Very happy pictures of the two brothers.

Pictures:
A smiling Prince William looks happy as he and his brother Prince Harry take part in the Jerudong Park Trophy polo match a few days before he is to become a father for the first time-
Prince William's a happy polo player - Pictures - Zimbio

Pictures:
The Jerudong Trophy-
Prince William Pictures - The Jerudong Trophy - Zimbio

Last edited:
William's reaction was great. He doubled over. Harry just seemed to shrug it off, like "that's cool. I like the sound of it."

I loved the still of Harry with his arm around Wills' back. :wub:

CNN Video:
A rare look inside the royal family:
CNN's Christiane Amanpour speaks with Queen Elizabeth's cousin and lifelong confidant, Margaret Rhodes-
CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I would watch Christiane Amanpour paint a fence - but this was a delightful interview. Margaret gives away almost nothing - but we do learn the D and DOC need to bring BC to Great Windsor Park to see great Auntie and for a smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom