The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some pics of the reception for The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust at Buckingham Palace on October 23 attended by Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Earl of Wessex, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Trust in London **

Old 10-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Majesty

Video:
Reception for The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
One's lost it! Queen and Princess Beatrice at Ascot as her horse's unbeaten run comes to an end-
Queen Elizabeth at Ascot as horse's unbeaten run comes to an end | Mail Online
Nice to see Her Majesty and Beatrice enjoy a day at the races. When I first read the headline, I thought they meant Her Majesty had won, and lost control of herself. Beatrice looks so elegant. Cannot say I care for Her Majesty 's hat.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 16m
Tomorrow, Her Majesty The Queen is to give a reception in advance of the CHOGM in November, which Prince Charles will be attending.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 15m
At the evening reception will be The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles & Camilla, Prince Michael of Kent and The Duke of Gloucester.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 6h
Been confirmed to me that Cambridges will NOT be attending this year's Festival of #Remembrance at R. Albert Hall with #Royal Family.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Are you serious? Did anyone else see on the video that woman touching the DoE? She apparently was not coached on what you can and can not do. I was shocked to see that. Or maybe its me and the rules have changed. It was as shocking as seeing Mrs. Obama touching the Queen.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 6h
Been confirmed to me that Cambridges will NOT be attending this year's Festival of #Remembrance at R. Albert Hall with #Royal Family.
I'm really surprised by this if its true as it a feature in every royal calendar every year so it can't have come as a surprise. I know the Cambridge's are having a 'transition year' but I would have thought this event they would have attended. Quite dissapointing IMO.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^^

William and Catherine have never attended The Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. The only Royals who go annually are the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Anne and Tim. The Gloucester's and Kents attend occasionally. The seating arrangement at this festival always confuses me though, as Andrew and Anne are behind the Queen and Philip, whereas Edward and Sophie are beside them, as are Charles and Camilla.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Courtier

I know they haven't attended before but William has been studying / working before, its just my opinion but as senior members of the family and future King and Queen they should attend this event.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I know they haven't attended before but William has been studying / working before, its just my opinion but as senior members of the family and future King and Queen they should attend this event.
Even though the Cambridges are not attending the Festival of Remembrance, I do believe they are going to be doing an engagement in regards to Poppy Day and also will be at the Cenotaph. To me, they're doing their part in remembering those who have given their lives for Queen and country.

There'll be plenty of years ahead for them to attend the Festival.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Majesty

The Cambridge's will be at the Cenotaph Service and will meet Poppy Day supporters at Kensington Palace but them not attending events like the Festival of Remembrance or even State Banquets has left a great deal of people confused, even the royal reporters and correspondents.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Cambridge's will be at the Cenotaph Service and will meet Poppy Day supporters at Kensington Palace but them not attending events like the Festival of Remembrance or even State Banquets has left a great deal of people confused, even the royal reporters and correspondents.
I think with all the limelight of their wedding and then the birth of their firstborn son, they've caught the attention world wide of the media. They're the "golden couple" which in itself is a good thing.

Most people tend to forget though that although William is in line to be King one day, he's still third generation and grandson of the monarch. People (and the press) seem to want to see William working with the monarchy as if he is the heir apparent.

Its not really William's time to be in the major spotlight as far as the monarchy goes. It is as it should be. Centered on The Queen, DoE, Charles and Camilla and the other children of the monarch. I really don't think we're going to see William and Kate attending state banquets and events like the Festival of Remembrance until Charles is king and William is the heir apparent.

Then again, I could be totally wrong but this is how I see it.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think with all the limelight of their wedding and then the birth of their firstborn son, they've caught the attention world wide of the media. They're the "golden couple" which in itself is a good thing.

Most people tend to forget though that although William is in line to be King one day, he's still third generation and grandson of the monarch. People (and the press) seem to want to see William working with the monarchy as if he is the heir apparent.

Its not really William's time to be in the major spotlight as far as the monarchy goes. It is as it should be. Centered on The Queen, DoE, Charles and Camilla and the other children of the monarch. I really don't think we're going to see William and Kate attending state banquets and events like the Festival of Remembrance until Charles is king and William is the heir apparent.

There are times when I think the main reason why William & Catherine and even Harry don't attend those major events is because they're not considered part of The Queen's official court but Charles's. Then again, I think the younger royals should be included in these kind of events. I could be wrong too but even if you ask the royal reporters and correspondents, they have a hard time trying to explain the Cambridge's and Harry's non-attendance's at these events because many of them don't even know.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

That is very true and I agree. William is second in Line not the Heir Apparent. Prince Charles on the other hand is Heir apparent.

During Queen Victoria Reign (or in the last Years of her Reign I should say) The Duke and Duchess of York (George and Mary) didn't attend every single State dinner, Banquet, Functions, Event, etc. as George was still only second in line, Now the Prince and Princess of Wales (Edward and Alexandra) did attend many of them as Edward was the Heir Apparent. George and Mary still took on any Royal duties for the Queen and represented her but they didn't always attend State Dinners they did o occasion when the Queen told them they had too. It wasn't until the very last couple years of Victoria reign and then while Edward was King that thy started to take on a lot more and attending a lot of State Dinners and other things. Much like William and Catherine now George and Mary ere able to have a more relatively life during his Grandmother reign.

William and Catherine are starting to take on more and eventually they will attend a state dinner, Function, etc and after Charles becomes King they will take n a lot more and be required to attend a lot of these things because William will then be First in line and Heir Apparent

Also The Queen hasn't invited yet obviously because as William once said "What Granny says goes and she always get the last word" so they would be going if the Queen had invited them or told them they had to go.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There are times when I think the main reason why William & Catherine and even Harry don't attend those major events is because they're not considered part of The Queen's official court but Charles's. Then again, I think the younger royals should be included in these kind of events. I could be wrong too but even if you ask the royal reporters and correspondents, they have a hard time trying to explain the Cambridge's and Harry's non-attendance's at these events because many of them don't even know.
As far as the events go, I think there may be a very valid reason why they're not there. The Queen didn't invite them.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Courtier

The only reason why some royal correspondent are disappointed is b/c they know that William, Catherine and Henry sells
Old 10-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
^^^^

William and Catherine have never attended The Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. The only Royals who go annually are the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, Anne and Tim. The Gloucester's and Kents attend occasionally. The seating arrangement at this festival always confuses me though, as Andrew and Anne are behind the Queen and Philip, whereas Edward and Sophie are beside them, as are Charles and Camilla.
The Gloucesters and Kents don't attend occasionally, they attend this event most years and have done for decades. I really don't see why W and K won't be there. If they are not going to attend all major royal events now that he is no longer doing a regular job then he might as well have continued in the armed forces for a few more years.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can see the reasoning for William and Catherine not attending as they are not the "main working Royals" as grandchildren of a monarch. When Charles is King then of course they will step up, but for now I guess they are just basking in their glory.

Angela, I simply meant that both the Gloucester's and Kent's don't attend every year.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think its just reporters having a moan, but I dont think generally that people are confused at all.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Majesty

I don't think if has anything to do with the younger royals selling more or gaining more attention. I think most people would think at least William & Catherine would attend these State Banquets and the Festival of Remembrance because they are senior royals and no longer held up by military life in Anglesey. That was the excuse that the royal reporters, courtiers and others used to bring up when asked about their lack of attendance. They can no longer use that excuse.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Closed Thread

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding