British Royal Family Current Events 6: April-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping the Cambridge's will be able to attend the historic Irish State visit next April.

I'm hoping they won't.

As you say, it will be an historic event and so the focus should be on the occasion. If the Cambridges attend it won't be. Look at all the fuss on here just because someone wore a tiara.

Whenever their first state banquet is, it is going to take attention away from the occasion itself and all the focus will be on Kate. I'd rather it be something a little less historic than the Irish visit. It's symbolism is way too important to be a foot note to tiara's and royal family orders.

:previous:
Well I think the future King and Queen should be attending these things. I know they are not the heirs yet but HM is not getting any younger. What a way to start attending state banquets on such a historic occasion. I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. :flowers:

I'm hoping they won't.

As you say, it will be an historic event and so the focus should be on the occasion. If the Cambridges attend it won't be. Look at all the fuss on here just because someone wore a tiara.

Whenever their first state banquet is, it is going to take attention away from the occasion itself and all the focus will be on Kate. I'd rather it be something a little less historic than the Irish visit. It's symbolism is way too important to be a foot note to tiara's and royal family orders.

The Cambridge's attendance at this upcoming State Visit will not distract from the purpose of this historic event. We just have to get used to the fact William & Catherine are senior members of the royal family and its their job to attend events like this.

The only reason why people made a big deal about Catherine's appearance at this event because everyone had been waiting for some time for her to appear in a tiara. She hadn't been seen in one since the wedding. The same has happened to the female royals before Catherine came on the scene. After the Cambridge's attend more of the events, everyone will get used to the appearances.

I'm hoping they won't.

I am tending to agree with you and posted something similar to your post not too long ago. Now I'm having second thoughts on this as people have brought up some very interesting and valid points.

As pointed out, how it all goes down will be entirely up to HM. Perhaps she'll just want Charles and Camilla as they will be the next King and Queen Consort and important to establishing and maintaining the diplomacy between the UK and Ireland in non governmental aspects. Perhaps HM will feel its an occasion for ALL her family members to attend. We have to remember too that the Windsors are a family that have been hit close to home with the assassination of close relatives. Perhaps I should send Philip a note with a zingy one-liner he might appreciate and use. "We don't carry grudges. They shed horribly." Then again... maybe not. :whistling:

While it is most certainly true that should Kate attend, within seconds of the first photo taken, it will have gone viral worldwide. Perhaps it would not totally derail the historic and importance of the banquet but even draw more attention to the occasion than if she hadn't attended.

We'll just have to watch and wait to see what happens with this.

I don't want sound morbid but what if Charles is King by then? The Cambridges would have to go as heirs.

To be clear, it's the paps and us who move the attention away from the rest of the family or any others. William and Kate always make sure that focus goes to the people they meet. Group photos always, when they control it.
The only answer is to dig a tunnel from KP to BP and thence to Windsor :lol:
And frankly - if I were the Irish I'd be put out if they did not bring in the Cambridges to meet and greet.

Last edited:
Well I think the future King and Queen should be attending these things. I know they are not the heirs yet but HM is not getting any younger. What a way to start attending state banquets on such a historic occasion. I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. :flowers:

They will - ~Charles and Camilla will be there

Whether one thinks Catherine looks worn and tired or not, it cannot be surprising that a nursing mother looks that way. Anyone whose night sleep is broken several times every night will look tired.

I don't want sound morbid but what if Charles is King by then? The Cambridges would have to go as heirs.

The scenario you mention would mean that it probably would be cancelled. Mourning period would preclude any state visits.

Not morbid - practical question.

:confused: No, she doesn't. She looks just fine to me. I think some people are seeing what they WANT to see.

Well, that can be said about both those who think she looks good and those who think she doesn't...
At the end, we all see what we want to see and believe in what we want to believe

It not morbid at all. The Queen is 87, I am not saying she going to die tomorrow, next week or will be dead by then by but we have to realize that the Queen is not getting any younger and even so her mother lived to 101 doesn't mean she will. Life is unpredictable as you can be here today and gone tomorrow which is why you live everyday to the fullest.

Like Cepe said it a practical question and a good one. Most likely they would postpone the State Visit for a year as the court would go into a Year of Mourning.

Last edited:
Has it occurred to anyone that a Magazine must have bought the rights to the picutures.

Has it occurred to anyone that a Magazine must have bought the rights to the picutures.

There are no official pictures for publication. Private photographers got pictures as the couple drove into Buckingham Palace.

The Queen may have had photographs/videos taken which she MAY choose to publish at a later date.

This is a private royal event for the most senior in the Diplomatic - ie the US Ambassador - and the senior members of the BRF. The BRF does not sell photos to magazines.

Thank you Cepe

I hope you are right. selling of such pictures the money can go to charities around the world.

:confused: No, she doesn't. She looks just fine to me. I think some people are seeing what they WANT to see.

In this case, w/out a doubt.

As far as no photos of this event...It's a true shame, because it would seem to me as a missed PR chance for the BRF, which the Scandinavian/Nordic Royals do get and understand. In fact, I'd think seeing any of the Royals chatting w/certain Ambassadors would help, at least appearance wise, w/relations in certain Countries.

For example...There's a picture of William and Catherine chatting w/the Pakistani Ambassador, it gets front page coverage back at home and in turn...

As someone else said, it just seems like such a missed chance at good PR not just for the BRF, but the UK too. A shame.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. :flowers:[/QUOTE]

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.:ermm:

Last edited:
I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. :flowers:

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.:ermm:[/QUOTE]

I think that perhaps it's more what you don't say :flowers: - these are the most senior diplomats representing their countries so it isn't like chatting to people in a crowd. These people can report back to their Heads of State.

Also - the first time that HMQ says - I want you to help me host such an important function - isn't that enough to make you nervous? This was an important 1st time for William as well.

But it's done now so they are prepared for all the times ahead

I think the main reason they attended the diplomatic corps is to prepare them for future state banquets. :flowers:

Well, do you think they will have to get used to it? I mean, it´s just dressing up, small talk and listening to 2 speeches, everything they have done a dozend of times by now.:ermm:[/QUOTE]

I don't think its as simple as that. The Diplomatic reception was probably on a much smaller scale than a full fledged state banquet. I am not really literate at all on the protocols and ins and outs of either but I did happen to find information that gives a clue into state banquets.

Royal Collection - A State Banquet

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
The Court Circular records that the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Kate were there. Sophie's not mentioned.

It's good to know only the key players of the "Firm" attended this event. I think they are the main ones that should be attending official events like this.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/CourtCircular/Todaysevents.aspx

With so few senior royals attending it is a low key event - the full family come out for the major royal events such as State Visits and many other receptions.

This is simply a private event hosted by The Queen and her closest family for the Ambassadors and High Commissioners and partners.

High Commissioners are the titles given to Commonwealth country's Heads of Mission and are the same thing as Ambassadors but indicate that the country is in the Commonwealth so the US Ambassador was present but so was the Australian High Commissioner.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are attending the British Military Tournament at Earls Court Exhibition Centre on Saturday.

With so few senior royals attending it is a low key event - the full family come out for the major royal events such as State Visits and many other receptions.

This is simply a private event hosted by The Queen and her closest family for the Ambassadors and High Commissioners and partners.

It's hardly a low key or a private affair. It's the most important indoor event of the year at Buck House ,the unique state ball of the Bristish Court and one of the few event with the highest level of protocol.

See from 7:19

Monarchy The Royal Family at Work Part 4 of 7 - YouTube

Any word on HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or any other members of the royal family attending Nelson Mandela's funeral? I know that HM rarely attends these types of events outside of the UK, but she had a rather good relationship with Mandela, no?

I'm thinking The Queen will send The Prince of Wales to the funeral and The Queen and rest of the family will probably attend a memorial service for the late President in London.

I'm thinking The Queen will send The Prince of Wales to the funeral and The Queen and rest of the family will probably attend a memorial service for the late President in London.

That sounds rather fitting and appropriate.

Agree. I would be very surprised if it were anyone else other than the Prince of Wales.

Although I think it is unlikely, it would be possible that both the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge could attend.

Agree. I would be very surprised if it were anyone else other than the Prince of Wales.

Although I think it is unlikely, it would be possible that both the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge could attend.

I would be surprised if it would be anybody other than the Prince of Wales. Query whether Camilla might accompany him?

I'm guessing the royals and their officials are working it out on who can attend. It's about re-working planned schedules.

I don't think William and Charles would both go since they can't fly together. Camilla maybe but with the funeral and memorial outside in the heat probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom