The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I alaways enjoy seeing pictures when William & Harry do a joint engagement - there is a lovely interaction between them.
Rebecca English@RE_DailyMail
Cheeky Prince Harry may have got his brother in hot water at the BGC charity day today ordering William to: Stop flirting, get on with it!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter now
Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived at Brentwood Cathedral but there was no sign of the Duchess of Cambridge.

Is the funeral today or in 2 days? And if it's today, how are William an Harry expected to attend if they're doing the BCG engagement? Is it one in the morning, the other in the afternoon, or have the pair of them been cloned?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Funeral is today and william and harry are there.

Prince Charles attends funeral of friend Hugh van Cutsem with Prince William and Prince Harry by his side - hellomagazine.com

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Sombre Prince Charles joined by William, Harry and Camilla at the funeral of his closest friend Hugh van Cutsem

Read more: In mourning Prince Charles joined by Harry and William at the funeral of his closest friend Hugh Van Cutsem | Mail Online

and a gallery from Zimbio.com & another Zimbio.com gallery
Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry cracked jokes with each other as they made multi-billion pound deals for charity on a City trading floor today. The princes were at brokerage firm BCG Partners in London's Docklands to raise money in memory of people who died in the attacks on New York's twin towers on September 11, 2001-
Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Prince William gives Charles poignant hug at funeral of friend after taking to trade floor-
Prince William gives Charles poignant hug at funeral of friend after taking to trade floor | UK | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Prince William gives Charles poignant hug at funeral of friend after taking to trade floor-
Prince William gives Charles poignant hug at funeral of friend after taking to trade floor | UK | News | Daily Express
Very touching. Great photos.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Majesty

kirstenblowers
1 day ago · Orangery at Kensington Palace
Having Afternoon Tea next to Kensington Palace and look who decides to come home!... Prince William and Prince Harry! I blew them a kiss!
Instagram#

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

This isn't current as it's from August but the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band played for the Queen, Philip, Edward, Sophie, Louise and James at Balmoral Castle.

The Sons of Scotland Pipe Band at Balmoral Castle

Some photos with the article, lovely to see the Queen in a kilt skirt!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Majesty

Very nice pictures.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nice to see all Wessex's together
Queen looks great
Old 09-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone else think that looks a bit like Fergie in the one photo?

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 09-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Does anyone else think that looks a bit like Fergie in the one photo?
Yes, I thought that too, but then I noticed the DoE in the picture as well. Sarah had left by the time he arrived.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the photo of the little girls presenting flowers to the Queen. If I did not know better, I would say she was their Granny!
Her Majesty looks wonderful in a tartan kilt too!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Harry both attended the wedding of James Meade and Lady Laura Marsham

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUIu8_7CYAA47Nu.jpg

Pesquisar - Getty Images PT: lady laura marsham marries

Lady Laura Marsham Marries James Meade At Gayton Hall - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince William and Prince Harry at a Wedding in Gayton
Old 09-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the article Molly, I enjoyed looking at the photos. I'm thinking the same; it's great to see HM wearing a kilt. From what I read in the article, it sounded like it was a nice event. Sophie looks very nice and it's good to see Louise and James too.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was Fergie until I saw Philip and then thought it couldn't be her. I don't think the Wessex's were there when Fergie was there either. I think it's lovely that the Wessex's stay so long at Balmoral with the Queen as it allows her and Philip to spend time with their youngest grandchildren as she wont really see them grow up. I don't mean that in a negative way; I simply mean she wont see them grow up and get married, whereas she has been able to see that with her older grandchildren. I know that's common with a lot of grandparents - it's just nice to see her enjoying time with her youngest two. Louise and James will have a lot of memories of these times as little children just the two of them with Granny and Grandpa.

I liked the image of James with his parents talking to the people who were there. I wonder what he and Louise think of all this as it is probably very normal for them. Wasn't a fan of what Louise was wearing, but it is lovely that you can just glimpse her curls in her hair.

Thanks for the images of William and Harry and Lady Laura's wedding. I found it odd that Catherine didn't go as she was apparently spotted shopping today. I have to say I do love a man in a morning suit. They look so dapper.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Here is a question regarding English weddings because the photos from today's wedding of James Meade and Lady Laura Marsham illustrate the issue: Aren't people like Prince Harry and Pippa allowed to bring a date? Or is traditional not to invite a guest unless the couple is engaged? It seems appropriate for Pippa to have attended with Nico, for example, if only to have a partner for dinner and dancing. I'm wondering because at American weddings, it's commonplace to invite adult singles to bring a guest.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Majesty

Catherine seemed to be busy running errands and looking after George.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post

Here is a question regarding English weddings because the photos from today's wedding of James Meade and Lady Laura Marsham illustrate the issue: Aren't people like Prince Harry and Pippa allowed to bring a date? Or is traditional not to invite a guest unless the couple is engaged? It seems appropriate for Pippa to have attended with Nico, for example, if only to have a partner for dinner and dancing. I'm wondering because at American weddings, it's commonplace to invite adult singles to bring a guest.
It's entirely up to the bride and groom, I imagine in both Pippa and Henry's case they may wish to keep their partners out of the picture.

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding