The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Majesty

Video:
QUEEN ATTENDS CORONATION FESTIVAL:
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...ION%20FESTIVAL

I agree, they are often very busy doing other things. When they get together, they are happy to catch up and enjoy themselves.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Camilla's sister sat in the royal box with her, Diana's siblings also did the same thing. They are invited to these events and are treated with respect because of their relations. I wouldn't expect anything less.
But as we keep hearing whenever someone questions Kate's lifestyle, workload, etc., Kate is not the wife of the heir, so she should not be held to the standard of Diana or even Camilla. So why should the Middletons receive the "perks" the families of those ladies got/get?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

But as we keep hearing whenever someone questions Kate's lifestyle, workload, etc., Kate is not the wife of the heir, so she should not be held to the standard of Diana or even Camilla. So why should the Middletons receive the "perks" the families of those ladies got/get?
I don't get it, if you're invited to sit in the royal box do you turn it down? Erm nope. If The Duke of Kent saw it fit to invite the Middletons, just as he invited numerous celebrities, veteran tennis players, comedians etc how does it count as a perk? Same goes for last nights concert, The Queen wouldn't invite anyone to her celebrations unless she saw fit.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, this is not the thread to really get into this and I apologize for saying this here but there are "perks" that comes with being associated with the royal family. Perks that Catherine, Sophie, Camilla, Diana families, enjoy or enjoyed. It's an interesting situation because the association have it's upsides and downsides. If you receive the invite, you go. That's just how things are.

You wouldn't see me turning down a royal invite, unless I was seriously ill or something. I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

Catherine is pretty much the third lady of the land. A pretty important woman.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Video:
Coronation Festival brings royal suppliers to Buckingham Palace:
BBC News - Coronation Festival brings royal suppliers to Buckingham Palace

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Eve2Eden, think of it like this: what would people say, if the Middletons weren't invited? It would seem as if they were excluded from the family. There would probably be talk that they are not noble enough (which would be a PR disaster).

By taking part it is clear to everybody that they are respected and welcomed family members. Also it makes it easier for the Middletons to join in future family events. All in all a good way to show that they are fully integrated.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

do we have the full list of all the family members who attended? i can't find a picture which shows everyone in the royal box.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
Tomorrow in Court circular we will get most likely names of royals who attended.
Unusually for an event like this the CC didn't give a comprehensive list but:

The Queen, accompanied by The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and other Members of the Royal Family, this afternoon attended a preview of the Coronation Festival in the garden of Buckingham Palace and was received by the Secretary of the Royal Warrant Holders Association (Mr. Richard Peck).
Her Majesty, accompanied by other Members of the Royal Family, this evening gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace before attending the Coronation Festival Gala in the garden

For me doing a count - only those specifically mentioned get a credit so HM gets 2, Charles, Camilla, Edward, Sophie and Anne get 1 each and the other members of the family we see as being present don't get a credit at all.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
pic.twitter.com/pJsSysDr6x

http://i39.tinypic.com/2qc40tz.png

I am not sure why people make such a big deal of the Middleton's being present as you can see Christopher Rhys Jones, Sophie's father, next to Carole. It's definitely his profile. He is obviously not as famous, but the press get all excited when the Middleton's are there. Calm down, press, they aren't the first in-laws to be invited anywhere! Christopher attended the Queen's 80th birthday celebrations and he was invited to attend new year at Sandringham the first year his wife died.

Love that Margarita and Charles Armstrong-Jones are there, it's a shame Louise wasn't able to attend. Even Estella and Eloise Taylor attended. Perhaps Louise hasn't finished school yet of course.
I also think that it was good to see Charles and Margarita Armstrong-Jones attend. I didn't know that Eloise and Estella Taylor attended as well. There are two photos (they're small ones though as the large ones have a few watermarks on them) that I haven't seen before of the Royal Box on Isopix:

http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnails...146087-022.JPG
http://www.isopix.be/temp/thumbnails...146087-021.JPG
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Courtier

[QUOTE="annaelfka;1574212"]Here is updated gallery at Zimbio
The Coronation Festival Evening Gala in London Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
And DM posted small pic but with wider look at royal box.
Tomorrow in Court circular we will get most likely names of royals who attended.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...45_634x378.jpg
here are pics of Royal box, but they are tiny
http://www.picturepress.de/webgate/
Zara:
Glowing Zara Phillips chooses a flattering tunic to dress the newest royal baby bump as she celebrates at the Queen's Coronation Festival | Mail Online
Pippa:
Pippa Middleton wears blue and white floral summer outfuit for Queen's Coronation Festival at Buckingham Palace | Mail Online

Katherine Jenkins looks regal in plum as she sings at the Queen's Coronation Festival | Mail Online

Carole and Pippa Middleton join the Queen at Buckingham Palace while Kate's on maternity leave | Mail Online[/]

Who are the two women behind Peter and Autumn and next to Rose Gilman seen best in the first DM link above?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=windsorgirl;1574596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
Here is updated gallery at Zimbio
The Coronation Festival Evening Gala in London Thumbnails - Pictures - Zimbio
And DM posted small pic but with wider look at royal box.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...45_634x378.jpg
here are pics of Royal box, but they are tiny
Picture Press Bild- und Textagentur GmbH
Zara:
Glowing Zara Phillips chooses a flattering tunic to dress the newest royal baby bump as she celebrates at the Queen's Coronation Festival | Mail Online
Pippa:
Pippa Middleton wears blue and white floral summer outfuit for Queen's Coronation Festival at Buckingham Palace | Mail Online

Katherine Jenkins looks regal in plum as she sings at the Queen's Coronation Festival | Mail Online

Carole and Pippa Middleton join the Queen at Buckingham Palace while Kate's on maternity leave | Mail Online[/]

Who are the two women behind Peter and Autumn and next to Rose Gilman seen best in the first DM link above?
Flora Ogilvy and Zenouska Mowatt
Old 07-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Majesty

Pictures:
Prince William & Prince Harry smile after the Jerudong Trophy at Cirencester Park Polo Club-
House of Windsor

Very happy pictures of the two brothers.

Pictures:
A smiling Prince William looks happy as he and his brother Prince Harry take part in the Jerudong Park Trophy polo match a few days before he is to become a father for the first time-
Prince William's a happy polo player - Pictures - Zimbio

Pictures:
The Jerudong Trophy-
Prince William Pictures - The Jerudong Trophy - Zimbio

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Listen to Prince harry being introduced at the polo match as HRH The Prince of Wales and notice William's laugh at 1:24:

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Listen to Prince harry being introduced at the polo match as HRH The Prince of Wales and notice William's laugh at 1:24:

William's reaction was great. He doubled over. Harry just seemed to shrug it off, like "that's cool. I like the sound of it."
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Full > Coronation festival 2013

Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
William's reaction was great. He doubled over. Harry just seemed to shrug it off, like "that's cool. I like the sound of it."
I loved the still of Harry with his arm around Wills' back.
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Majesty

CNN Video:
A rare look inside the royal family:
CNN's Christiane Amanpour speaks with Queen Elizabeth's cousin and lifelong confidant, Margaret Rhodes-
CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
CNN Video:
A rare look inside the royal family:
CNN's Christiane Amanpour speaks with Queen Elizabeth's cousin and lifelong confidant, Margaret Rhodes-
CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
I would watch Christiane Amanpour paint a fence - but this was a delightful interview. Margaret gives away almost nothing - but we do learn the D and DOC need to bring BC to Great Windsor Park to see great Auntie and for a smile!
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth and Princess Anne have been in Cumbria today, July 17. They visited Kendal Town Centre, James Cropper Speciality Papers Limited in Kendal as well as Lake Windermere.

** nwemail.co.uk: Queen Elizabeth in Cumbria today **

** demotix gallery: Queen visits Kendal and the Lakes **

** demotix gallery: HM Queen Elizabeth II and HRH The Princess Royal visit Cumbria **

** dailymail: 'I'm going on holiday so I want the baby to hurry up!' Queen reveals royal excitement.. **

Tags
duke of cambridge, pippa middleton, prince harry, prince william, royal wedding