British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The website appears (at present) to show the PoW list under the Cambridge link.

This is the Cambridge list supplied via Victoria Murphy on Twitter.

https://t.co/kVlbJ94J

Quote from the article by Richard Palmer

His brother Prince William is also facing a backlash from a media fed up with his efforts to try to get us to a point where the only times we ever run photos and stories about him and his wife are when they are on official duty.

And the problem with this is?????

As for comparisons with Belgium and Spain - no context has been given. The King of Spain went on an expensive holiday and shot wildlife -and the public only found out about it cos he broke his hip - all this in the middle of an economic crisis. As for Belgium, there has not been a strong government in place for over 3 years and the argument with the Queen Fabiola is probably the last act of the current coalition as the government hits the buffers again.

And no contect about the infringements of privacy in the past by the press and the awful impact of how they hounded the poor nurse who committed suicide.

That said, some of the press would love to go after the royals or senior government officials (on personal issues). The press had been hounded themselves for poor behaviour and they don't like it. IT could get nasty.

I think members of the royal family give a great deal of themselves on their official royal engagements, granting interviews and giving special media access to go behind the scenes on their working lives.

I think The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry saw what their parents went through with the media and the affect it had on their marriage and family life. Can we really blame them for wanting some privacy? Do anyone really think William will not protect his wife and unborn child?

I really don't think the royal family bother with complaining about the media much. They have a way of smiling and getting on with things. I think they only show their disappointment with the media when the media crosses the line and take their niceness for granted.

I don't know what the media wanted The Queen to do to Prince Andrew. Perhaps spank him in public or something. I'm sure she had her words with him in private, if not, I know Prince Philip did.

Last edited:
I don't know what the media wanted The Queen to do to Prince Andrew. Perhaps spank him in public or something. I'm sure she had her words with him in private, if not, I know Prince Philip did.

How do you know that Prince Philip said anything? Were you in the room with them?

How do you know that Prince Philip said anything? Were you in the room with them?

No, I'm just saying that I think The Queen dealt with her son. I was going for a little humor on the Prince Philip part.

^^ Not just you. I think the same, and I'm feeling this for a while. I remember that after the jubilee tour, almost a year ago, he said he would love to have someone to do this things with him. He probably feels really lonely

^ Thank goodness you agree. It means I'm not crazy or seeing things. It's probably why I want him to have a girlfriend and find a wife so badly. I hate seeing him so alone. It was different before William got married, but now he just looks like a sad puppy to me, a cute sad puppy.

:previous: I think that there is a difference between being alone (which he is, as he hasn't brought a partner) and being lonely - unlikely amongst friends and family.

:previous: I think that there is a difference between being alone (which he is, as he hasn't brought a partner) and being lonely - unlikely amongst friends and family.

Yeah. It always seems to me that he's lonely and I'm talking about wanting a partner not lonely in the sense of wanting people or company as in friends and family. There is a difference.

Well I think he looks fine and not "lonely" at all - far too well bred to show that in front of friends.

Yeah. It always seems to me that he's lonely and I'm talking about wanting a partner not lonely in the sense of wanting people or company as in friends and family. There is a difference.

I agree about this and also about him looking like "a cute sad puppy"

Video from the wedding. It's probably just me, but always feel like Harry looks lonely at engagements or even when with his brother an sister-in-law. Probably just me...

I agree, there's something about a "potentially" single man ;)

I agree about this and also about him looking like "a cute sad puppy"
Well this is obviously a stance you find attractive and yet to me "a cute sad puppy" describing an "eligible man in his late twenties would have me running for the hills if I was an intelligent, educated and attractive woman of his set. :ROFLMAO:

Most women are looking for a man to be in wedded partnership with, to share a future and a family, not a puppy to clean up after! :eek:

:previous: I totally agree with Marg. :lol: But Harry is giving off that "cute sad puppy" vibe at the moment.

Well this is obviously a stance you find attractive and yet to me "a cute sad puppy" describing an "eligible man in his late twenties would have me running for the hills if I was an intelligent, educated and attractive woman of his set. :ROFLMAO:

Most women are looking for a man to be in wedded partnership with, to share a future and a family, not a puppy to clean up after! :eek:

A cute sad puppy vibe arouses my maternal instinct, I guess. When a man has a cute sad puppy look, it makes me want to hug him and take care of him, and I see no problem in it at all, it's nothing that would make me run for the hills and there's nothing to clean up after. We all (men and women) have sad moments and can have this "sad puppy" look. Take care of each other is part of being in a relationship. Look for a man to marry, share a future and family with is also looking for someone who will take care of you when you need and who you'll take care of when he need, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom