British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank to everyone for all the pictures, articles and videos. It's lovely to see the family come together to celebrate the Day of Resurrection. I think everyone looked appropriate. As for Lady Louise looking like a child from the 1950s, it's refreshing from all the current fads that have little girls dressing like teenagers. Louise was looking age-appropriate, plain and simple. Her parents are teaching her to dress like well, a lady, and not a girl who has no self-respect and flaunts all her...assets.

I agree, I like Lady Louise's ensemble, it looks like she put it together herself which is adorable. She has grown up so much in the past year, she is becoming a young lady. She has such beautiful hair and a big smile, she is lovely. I agree the outfit was a bit...old fashioned, but it really suited her and suits her apppearance.

Here's where William and Kate were

Thanks for this ghost_night. So after all the speculation we can be relieved that both the future heads of the Church of England attended church on Easter Sunday.

It's also weird that William would choose to spend the holiday with his father given that he apparently hates him ;).

Last edited:
I hope they all had a happy Easter Sunday!! :flowers: Eugenie and Sophie looked particularly elegant and little Louise is really cute!!

I love Louise's fashion statements. I remember getting a kick out the little combination of pink jacket, green rain boots and gloves from several years back. I think she has her own sense of style, and she wants to show it off, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can definitely see her own influence in the blue ensemble, and it's great, especially since it was nothing outrageous. Wonder if she chose to disregard the coat, because she wore it for Christmas, and didn't want to look 'the same' again :D (though Sophie was being the conscious parent and bringing it along, in case her daughter decided to want to wear it).

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED the green wellington frog boots paired with her gloves. She looked freakin' adorable! I like that she obviously has her own little style, though I imagine Sophie has some input as we always see Louise in little old fashioned dresses. I loved her outfit at the Royal Horse Show last year, especially her flatcap. She's a cutie either way, and I liked that Sophie was carrying her coat, just incase it did get cold. I loved the images of Edward holding out his hand for Louise to take as they walked into church, and then Sophie holding her hand as they walked off. We rarely see them with their children, whereas we saw his siblings with their kids all the time. It's lovely to see them with their little ones, being a parent and such.

There is a video on Gettyimages of the Easter departures and towards the end you see Eugenie putting the flowers into another car and you can hear Sophie call her "Eug", when asking her to put the flowers into the car. That was lovely, nice that they call her Eug and not always Eugenie.

Like you, I get very excited when the Wessexes are out and about with their children. Edward and Sophie appear to love being parents, and it's wonderful to witness (even if it's rarely and in small amounts). I'm thinking that Louise may be a very 'girly' girl, because we have yet to see her in any sort of trousers (though we did see her in jeans for the Windsor Horse Show last May). From her hamming it up at the Royal Wedding, I think she enjoys being dressed up, and feels comfortable in that type of attire as well.

I've read somewhere that 'Eug' is what Eugenie goes by when among family and friends, and it's nice to see that it carries into public duties. I know that Catherine goes by 'Catherine' when in public, but is 'Kate' to friends and family. Little moments of informality make the Royal Family more approachable, if you will.

I know that Catherine goes by 'Catherine' when in public, but is 'Kate' to friends and family. Little moments of informality make the Royal Family more approachable, if you will.

I wonder about that, it has been written quite a bit that growing up at home she was always Catherine.

I wonder about that, it has been written quite a bit that growing up at home she was always Catherine.

Thank you for bringing that up. I honestly forgot about that, probably because I'm so used to her being 'Kate' before her engagement and marriage.

I like when a name is not nicknamed, that can be all too often a very commonplace habit. Unfortunately, that's my case and I hate my nickname.

I imagine they all have nicknames. The Duke of Kent signed Princess Margaret's flower arrange from him and his wife as "Eddie", so I imagine they all have nicknames. Beatrice is known as Bea, as a video from Eugenie's Christening showed the Queen calling her that. Articles from earlier in their relationship said Edward called Sophie "Soph". Nicknames are just something that eventually happen, and they are a familial thing. It is nice as it shows their normal moments.

Royals' £1m wind farm hypocrisy: 45 wind turbines described by Charles as a 'horrendous blot' to be built on Crown land
The Royal Family could soon be cashing in on dozens of wind turbines – even though they have been condemned by Prince Charles and Prince Philip. Energy firms have been given the green light for 45 windmills on Crown Estate land, which will rake in £1million a year in subsidies. Last night, those who will live next door to the wind farms in Wales and Lincolnshire accused the Royal Family of hypocrisy, after the Prince of Wales described them as a ‘horrendous blot on the landscape’ while his father called them ‘useless’ and ‘a disgrace’
There is a hypocrite in this story all right but it's not the Royal Family - it's the Daily Mail.
What's the point of this article, when it clearly states that the Crown Estate "is run by independent trustees", not by the Royal Family? :ermm:

Regarding nicknames here's a few that go back to the time of Queen Victoria:

Victoria (Vicky), Princess Royal, b.1840, d. 1901 as dowager Empress of Germany (married Frederick (Fritz) of Prussia, 1858)
Albert Edward (Bertie), Prince of Wales, b. 1841, d.1910 as King
Alfred (Affie), b. 1844, d.1900 as Duke of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (married Princess Marie of Russia, 1874)
Helena (Lenchen), b.1846, d.1923 as Princess Helena of Schleswig-Holstein (married Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein)

Victoria herself was called 'Drina' as a young child - short for Alexandrina which was her first Christian name.

Albert Victor was called 'Eddy'
Princess Victoria - Edward VII's daughter - was called 'Toria'
Queen Alexandra was called 'Alix'
George V was Georgie
Edward VIII - David
George VI - like his grandfather - Bertie
Elizabeth II - Lilibet (and cabbage by Philip it has been reported)

Princes William and Harry enjoy the glorious weather by horsing around at a star-studded charity polo match
Princes William and Harry took full advantage of today's glorious sunshine by jumping into the saddle for one of their favourite pastimes. As millions of people across the South rushed to sun drenched beaches and parks, the Royal brothers showed their sporty sides by heading to Berkshire for a polo match. The Windsors galloped around on horseback at Coworth Park, near Ascot, and were no easy match for their opponents. They proved they are dab hands at the exclusive sport, which they have been playing from a young age.

It is nice to see Princes enjoying their favourite pastime.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex, along with Lady Louise and The Viscount Severn, attended the Royal Windsor Horse Show, where they watched the Pony Club Games.

Images available from AP - Windsor Horse Show

James is too adorable, I love his jumper! The image of him wrapping his Uncle's tie around his face is hilarious. Shame these are the only images of the Wessex's at this years show.

:previous:
Thank you so so much, Molly :flowers: and agree with you :); shame that just some few pictures from Wessexs .
All family is amazing :), Lady Louise is truly LADY and James is just adorable :heartflower:

James is too cute, I wish there were more images. He looks quite cheeky and appears to be looking for attention from Sophie and his uncle in the images. He looks a bit like Prince Charles as a young boy.

Little James and Lady Louise are adorable.
James does remind me of his father and a bit Prince Charles as children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom