British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely family event celebrating lives of two extraordinary women.
You have done an amazing job summarising the event. :flowers::flowers::flowers: It is great to see Prince Michael attending the service. Viscount Linley has got very handsome sons.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

How low can people go.

Low. The majority of the comments are about fashion choices, but some of them are freeloader, taxpayer funded etc and a few are wishing Camilla and Charles "rot" before the Queen passes so William gets the throne.

Lovely to see all the family out. Bummer this service wasn't tomorow as I am going to Windsor tomorow. I may have came across a Royal! I love everyone's ensembles, and I especially enjoyed the moments when Prince Harry kissed Sophie on the cheek but was deciding which one to kiss, due to her rather large feathers. Excellent!

Margarita is a beautiful little girl, lovely that Princess Margaret's grandchildren attended.

Wonderful news for Peter and Autumn, I figured Elizabeth would be in there somewhere but I love the name Isla!

Gosh but Harry can wear a suit. Particularly with the tie of the Household Cavalry and a crisp white shirt, he is incredibly dashing. I know I seem to spend an unnatural number of posts drooling over him, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

I can only assume that, given the Cambridges weren't there, the Queen must have given them her permission to miss the service. But, when you see all the family happily walking down to the Chapel together, I can't help but feel they really should have taken part..

Great to see the family out.Thanks for the pictures.

The Cambridges were not the only absences: Prince Edward, Zara & Mike. I am sure if HM felt the need for the entire family to show enmass they would have been there.

Edward is in France, he has engagement there. Zara is probably training, Mike too.

Low. The majority of the comments are about fashion choices, but some of them are freeloader, taxpayer funded etc and a few are wishing Camilla and Charles "rot" before the Queen passes so William gets the throne.
Just the usual bile. :lol:

Edward is in France, he has engagement there. Zara is probably training, Mike too.
Or Zara and Mike could be supported Peter and Autumn. Either way, their absence is quite understandable, as is Prince Edward's.
Almost every other member of the royal family, including extended family members, were present. Lady Sarah didn't appear to be there but her sons, Arthur and Samuel, were (accompanied by Viscount Linley and his children).

Last edited:
What a lovely family event celebrating lives of two extraordinary women...
Very nice summary, Artemisia, thank you! A nice gathering of royalty for the thanksgiving service. And congratulations to Autumn and Peter on the birth of their daughter, Isla.

Rex Features had a photo of Lady Sarah with her husband.

She ranks up there along with Princess Anne's great appearance, though with a better hat; love the flower tucked below the brim. The shamrock brooch is lovely.

Last edited:
i would have liked to have seen Lady Louise there.

Thank you all for the pictures.

I thought all of the royal ladies looked lovely. In particular I thought Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie, who often come in for criticism, looked especially good.

The Cambridges are on holiday after their six weeks apart (heaven help how long they would be on holiday for if William was ever truly deployed as a soldier = you know the 9+ months the rest do).

Edward has official duties in France.

Mike probably had training as he has a match on Sunday and it is normal for teams to train a couple of days before a game.

Zara could have been training or helping her brother and sister-in-law with the arrival of their second child e.g. babysitting Savannah - sure they could have used a nanny but a doting aunt is way better. She is trying to win a place on the Olympic team so may have had a training session. It would have to have been something like that for her to miss the service for her great-grandmother and great-aunt, considering she is the second great-grandchild of The Queen Mum.

The Cambridges are just being selfish - Beatrice returned from her skiing holiday in time but they couldn't drag themselves away to pay respects to the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. He would have been offended if any of the royals had failed to attend the memorial for his mother but he can show his complete contempt for his father and grandmother by even asking to stay away - a normal loving son wouldn't have even asked but would have simply put it in the calendar and known he and his wife would have been expected to turn up. This is simply more evidence that William is an arrogant, selfish man who only ever thinks of himself first and has no consideration for anyone else.

Who exactly do you think they were being selfish towards?

Thank you to all for the lovely pictures. It's great to see everyone come together to pay respects to the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. Always a treat to see the Linley and Chatto children. They're growing up and looking lovely (Margarita's hair is simply gorgeous).

I'm not upset that the Cambridges chose not to attend, because if Her Majesty allowed it, then it's not that big of an issue.

Iluvbertie said:
The Cambridges are just being selfish...
I agree. I saw something around Christmas saying that they weren't taking a ski holiday because they were acknowledging the austere time the country was going through...then they take 2 vacations in a month...and skip the 10th year memorial for his g-grandmother and g-aunt. Poor form.

Sorry, 2 vacations in 3 months.

I hate to point out the obvious, but... The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret have been deceased for ten years, so I doubt their feelings are hurt. And if the Queen really wanted them there, they would have been there.

They weren't, he just got back from six weeks of work in service to his country (and she worked hard while he was gone to do her bit) and now they're spending time with family.

The Queen shouldn't never have even had to consider asking her family to be present - that is an automatic sign of respect and love. William has thumbed his nose at his grandmother and father on a number of occasions and is still being given a pass - why.

Any decent human being would have been at the memorial service without being asked but not William who does what he wants and shows a total lack of respect for for his father, who was devoted to The Queen Mother, and for his Grandmother who was also devoted to her mother.

Regardless of how he felt about the individuals common decency says I should be there for my father and grandmother but William has been so badly raised that he has been allowed to do whatever he wants and gets away with it.

How anyone can condone someone going on a skiing holiday rather than a family memorial I don't know. To me it says loud and clear - 'I hate my father and his family and will do all I can to disrespect them'.

I have for some time believed that William has come to despise his father and this is further confirmation of that.

I... really?

It was a memorial service for two people who have been dead for ten years. He didn't miss a family funeral. It was commemorative service for two people whose lives ran their natural course and who died of old age. And most of the family was there.

I'm actually stunned that people think it was that big a deal. And taking it as evidence that William "despises his father"?

I... believe that perhaps you've had one too many commemorative drinky-poos.

OK Bertie, I think that is just a tad harsh. I don't think William hates his father or grandparents but I do think he is suffering more than a little from that nasty but epidemic disease called, "It's all about Me".

This all to prevalent disease is remarkably common in firstborn, spoilt rotten, overindulged young adults under the age of 40. It is a particularly ugly disease, causing pain and distress in wider families and, as yet, there seems no immediate cure. Researchers assure us that victims will grow out of it with time, like 10 to 20 years, although in rare cases an intense immersion course in the "School of Hard Knocks" has been known to speed up the recovery.

Rarer too, is an instant recovery brought on by a swift clip around the ear administered by an exasperated parent. Unfortunately this cure is only effective when administered before the late teens.

Time will tell whether William and his lovely wife will be lucky or not. :D

Last edited:
Most people don't go to family memorial service so I don't think it's a big deal at all

Most people don't go to family memorial service so I don't think it's a big deal at all
I come from an incredibly close family and you had better believe we all know a Family Occasion when one rolls around. Being in hospital or overseas on business might get you a pass but playtime definitely will not cut it. :eek:

Besides, we know, respect and support each other. Attendance at such an occasion is a no-brainer. You go to support and share in the celbration of the lives of those who were loved so dearly. Obviously the wider BRF managed to fit HM and Margaret's children and grandchildren into their busy schedules, even if the QM and Sister have been dead for over 10 years. Which leaves me wondering at William and Catherine's priorities. :ermm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom