British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the Fortnum & Mason visit last week, it seemed that the Queen and Catherine spent a lot more time chatting. It's only natural, seeing as they were seated next to each other during the fashion show and Philip was off elsewhere. I do wonder if Catherine has given the Queen any sort of fashion tips.

My understanding is that they took the Royal Train to Leicester, which would be a first for Catherine. However, from all the media reports, it sounds more like they took an ordinary scheduled train. Can anyone clear up my confusion?

Everyone, including me, assumed that they would take the Royal Train, but they actually travelled on a normal scheduled service. Given the expense involved in taking the RT out, I'd say HM will use it less than during her Golden Jubilee.

Kate would have to be pretty brave to give HM fashion tips. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation!

personally, I like to think that during the fashion show - Kate was leaning over and pointing out some lovely pieces that the Princess Royal might enjoy :)

I love the pictures of Catherine and Her Majesty interacting with children. The kids are smiling like they've just won the lottery :D.

It's wonderful to see the family working together, especially during such a big year. I'm happy to see Catherine fitting in; at times it seems like she's been there all along, because the transition is so seamless. Now I'm really excited about the engagement with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. Thank you to everyone for great pictures and videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a lovely article from Robert Hardman in the Daily Mail, about how they liked seeing Catherine but it was really The Queen they came to see.

:previous:

The article mentioned by Lumutqueen. It's indeed a rather nice article.

They loved Kate but it was the lady in cerise they REALLY came to see

Trying to reflect the full span of the Queen’s reign and of those who have lived within it is the monumental challenge of this Jubilee. So she had invited a more recent royal recruit along to join her and Prince Philip for Day One.
And for the Duchess of Cambridge – who told one onlooker that she is missing her Falklands-based Prince ‘terribly’ – here was a perfect tutorial from the master.

"You just want to be able to tell your grandchildren you saw the Queen at her Diamond Jubilee..."

Very Very Nice Video , The Queen Look Nice and Duchess Of Cambridge Look Really Gorgeous , Thank You For Posting This Video ghost night554
Very Nice Pictures , Really Kate Look WOW in This Event I Like The Color The Outfit Design She Look Fantastic Indeed :flowers: Thank You marine2109

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess
of Wessex and the Duke of Gloucester attended the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service
on March 12, 2012 in London. The theme for this year's Observance Service, attended by representatives
from the Commonwealth countries is 'Connecting Cultures'.

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess
of Wessex and the Duke of Gloucester attended the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service
on March 12, 2012 in London. The theme for this year's Observance Service, attended by representatives
from the Commonwealth countries is 'Connecting Cultures'.

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

Thanks for these! One thing I admire about The Duchess of Cornwall is that she always looks pleased to be there, wherever she might be. :flowers:

Very colorful ensemble of people there. Which church is that? I love the way the intensity of the shades worn by HM and the Duchess of Cornwall coordinate so well - that's the way to do pink and purple!

It's Westminster Abbey.

Beautiful complementary colors between the two royal ladies and so intense. Love it!

Thanks for these! One thing I admire about The Duchess of Cornwall is that she always looks pleased to be there, wherever she might be. :flowers:

I agree with you. I think it is really as important attribute for a "senior" royal to appear to be delighted to be someplace.

Lovely images, and Her Majesty and the Duchess of Cornwall looked absolutely splendid in their bright colors. I love the royal purple on Camila, along with her genuine smile.

Another family event! I just love these; hope they'll continue doing some even after the Jubilee celebrations. :)
- The Queen looked marvellous; pink really suits her.
- The Duchess of Cornwall was equally brilliant in purple. Love the hat and the brooch!
- The Countess of Wessex looked lovely. Not very keen on the hat, but otherwise just beautiful.

It was great to see the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales so happy and at ease.
Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!

Another family event! I just love these; hope they'll continue doing some even after the Jubilee celebrations. :)
- The Queen looked marvellous; pink really suits her.
- The Duchess of Cornwall was equally brilliant in purple. Love the hat and the brooch!
- The Countess of Wessex looked lovely. Not very keen on the hat, but otherwise just beautiful.

It was great to see the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales so happy and at ease.
Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!

I love your commentary :flowers:. I agree about Sophie's hat. It's a bit...strange. I love the smiles on everyone's faces. The last picture of Her Majesty is extremely endearing.

Very Very Beautifull Pictures , All Of Them Looks Very Nice The Queen She Looks Beautiful With Bright Pink , Duchess Camila Looks Nice Too and The Purple Color Very Nice , and I Like Countess Of Wessex Outfit Completely Elegant , Thanx For All

Everyone looks so happy to be there, and it's so great to see the family coming out in force for these gatherings. It's lovely and so good to see them all communicating with one another. I wonder why Edward wasn't there? Sophie looked a bit lonely walking up the aisle of Westminster alone.

Love the facial expressions!:lol: Amazed at Phillip's energy!
It's official! Pink is my favorite color on the Queen, ( subject to change)

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during many of the conversations some images show, no doubt they would be amusing, especially if Philip was involved. I would have LOVED to know what Sophie and Philip were discussing in the images taken at The Epsom Derby last year.

The Queen has such an amazing smile, she's always so happy.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during many of the conversations some images show, no doubt they would be amusing, especially if Philip was involved. I would have LOVED to know what Sophie and Philip were discussing in the images taken at The Epsom Derby last year.*

The Queen has such an amazing smile, she's always so happy.
* Can you post those pics please?
With Prince Phillip, there is bound to be laughter , I agree.:lol::D;)

:previous:
I can't help but think that was exactly what Camilla was thinking! :lol:

Sophie and Philip + Sophie and Philip 2

I am sure there are many others, but in these two Philip appears to be saying something amusing, as always.

Anywho, I hope some videos are released of this day, even if it is just arrivals and departures.

I love those pictures! Sophie is trying really hard not to bust out laughing, but is failing miserably :D. Philip looks like he's really amused by his own joke and Sophie's reaction to it.

Camilla looks like she's eyeballing Sophie's feather chicken and wondering if it lays brown eggs or white!:D

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:, and that's all I can say here, because, really, you've expressed it perfectly :D.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this since the Diamond Jubilee thread is closed.

An exhibition has just opened at the Queens Gallery in Edinburgh, Scotland marking Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee. It reflects the tastes of monarchs and other members of the royal family who have shaped one of the world’s great art collections. Some highlights of the exhibition:
- Two portraits by Rembrandt including the Agatha Bas portrait
- Collection of royal miniatures, including that of Mary, Queen of Scots
- A gold crown presented to Queen Victoria (a highly unusual creation)
- A casket presented to Queen Elizabeth (later Queen Mother) in 1936
- A collection of portraits and other works of art

Now that's an exhibit I'd love to visit. So many treasures for the eye, and history nerd to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom