British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's very exciting! Especially as, I would assume, that will be a more formal tour than their trip to Canada... so perhaps we'll get a state banquet and a tiara event. *Oh please oh please Santa, I promise I'll be good this year!*

:flowers:

You can be as good as you possibly can be, but I think it is unlikely that you will get the state visit. State visits are for visiting heads of state, which William is not. :)

Last edited:
Just announced on Sky News. The Queen and DoE will not undertake any overseas visits for the Jubilee next year. They will undertake a very extensive UK tour however.

Other visits are as follows:

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea

The Prince of Wales: Channel Islands, Isle of Man

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Malaysia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu

Prince Harry: Belize, Jamaica, The Bahamas

The Duke of York: India

The Earl and Countess of Wessex: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Gibraltar, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago

The Princess Royal: Mozambique, Zambia

The Duke of Gloucester: British Virgin Islands, Malta

The Duke of Kent: Falkland Islands, Uganda

Last edited:
Oh no we get Charles!! Not who I wanted
Not fair we get Charles why couldn't we have Harry

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for update.
Have they said in what months these tours are due to happen?
I suppose these visits will happen before summer Jubilee festivities.
I am very glad that it will be a very rich in events year.
But I am a little surprised to see that Prince Michael of Kent or his wife won't represent the Queen .

I certainly wouldn't mind undertaking the Wessex's itinerary. How nice does that particular group of visits sound?!

Lenora, the Palace states that the visits will take place throughout the year. It seems that Will and Kate's visits will take place in the latter half of the year, given that William is heading to the Falklands in the early part of 2012, then there's the Jubilee celebrations themselves in June closely followed by the Olympic Games in London in August I think.

I must say I'm surprised they're not sending the Cambridges to Australia and NZ. Although, the Times did point out that William has visited both countries twice recently.

Last edited:
A trip to Aus and NZ by C&C was overdue. I had rather hoped they would have visited at the time of some of the natural disasters recently, but I guess this will be a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:
A trip to Aus and NZ by C&C was overdue. I had rather hoped they would have visited at the time of some of the natural disasters recently, but I guess this will be a good time.

I'm delighted that Charles and Camilla will finally be visiting Australia. It's certainly been a long time coming :)

I am excited by all these visits and look forward to the coverage of them all. William and Catherine's tour looks lovely, as does Edward and Sophie's (they seem to be visiting a lot of areas, but perhaps because they are all small areas?). I wonder what parts of India Andrew will visit. I am so pleased the Duke's of Gloucester and Kent are included.

Lenora said:
But I am a little surprised to see that Prince Michael of Kent or his wife won't represent the Queen .

I believe that is because the Prince and Princess Michael do not undertake any engagements on behalf of the Queen, aside from the odd personal charity as they do not receive anything from the Privy Person, unlike his older brother and sister. They did go with Edward and Sophie to Monaco for the wedding, but I am not sure if that was to represent the family or because they were friends?

Last edited:
It is interesting that Charles & Camilla get three big countries of Canada, Australia & New Zealand and Will & Kate get the less known areas. I like Harry's & the Wessex's Carribean visits. I would think that the trips to Carribean would be winter or spring - you would want to avoid the late summer fall period to the hurricane risks. Will & Kate's tour - end June/July perhaps. Feb & Mar is out do the Falklands , Aug & Sept out for Paraolympics & Olympics. Early June- too many events in London. End of year would seem like an afterthought plus it would be winter there if they went in July instead of summer in the later months of 2012.

It is interesting that Charles & Camilla get three big countries of Canada, Australia & New Zealand and Will & Kate get the less known areas. .
The reason is because Charles is next in line for the throne.

thats what i instantly thought when i heard the announcement - Camilla has not visited New Zealand and Australia yet as a royal and it is an important message from the Palace i think as well - Charles and Camilla are the future King and consort so they get the largest nations in the Commonwealth.

There will be press interest in the Wils and Kate tour though to the South Pacific and probably also Harrys first solo tour

Actually that makes perfect sense to me. Plus, William has been there. I also think it is a very good idea to have the DUKe and Duchess of Cambridge going to smaller nations as it will raise their profile and of course be a treat for them.

Has this been posted yet? Been out all day and just got home now and am catching up with the news. Such a shame once again no Vancouver. Haven't gotten a royal visit since 09
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Canada's governor general David Johnston has confirmed Charles and Camilla will visit New Brunswick, Ontario and Saskatchewan in May.

I know Catherine really wanted to visit Africa next year. Is it possible that the Cambridges might stop off in Kenya on their way to the South Pacific?

I suppose Kenya will be in the program but not linked to the Jubellee. Malaysia is not really a small country! and there is in place a royal family so we can expect tiara events for diner. If you look at Salamon Islands and Tuvulu they both are very near from ... Australia. So maybe a jump ... dont forget the Prime Minister of NZ invited Kate and William last April.

I think it's normal and great that Charles and Camilla are due to go to OZ, he is the heir and at this stage W+C must not have the big parts of the cake.

Even though the Michaels of Kent havn't been officially mentioned as taking part in a visit abroad to mark the Jubilee all I can say is "watch this space". I remember Prince Michael travelled to Canada in connection with the Golden Jubilee and it was quite an extensive visit taking in a number of provinces. One of his duties whilst there was passing on honours to various officials on behalf of the Queen to mark the big anniversary. So once again I can easily see him and his wife being involved in a similar way even though they might not feature in any official list.

BTW, I am surprised not to see Princess Alexandra on the list of official visits.

BTW, I am surprised not to see Princess Alexandra on the list of official visits.

As was I, but perhaps she will be doing things around the United Kingdom. Bit of a shame really that her brother and cousin are both visiting somewhere. Perhaps she could have visited Gibraltar instead of Edward and Sophie.

I'm delighted that Charles and Camilla will finally be visiting Australia. It's certainly been a long time coming :)
And New Zealand! I can hardly wait. I am so happy that Charles and Camilla will finally visit us here. I am dying to see the itinerary and, with any luck, they will visit Christchurch and I will be able to actually see them both. :clap: :clap: :clap:

^In the article it says that it not even confirms that they are going to the movie premier

^In the article it says that it not even confirms that they are going to the movie premier

I guess we'll all find out when the pictures of them at the actual event are published.

^According to this lady she works at Daily Express they will be there.
Elisa_Roche Elisa Roche

On 8th Jan Princes William & Harry plus Kate Middleton will attend the UK premiere of War Horse with Steven Spielberg in Leicester Sq

I've just seen William and Kate arriving at the Sun Military Awards on Sky News. Kate is wearing a strapless black gown. She must have been freezing cold!

Harry is apparently giving a speech tonight.

Thanks for the link, Harry looks dapper. Catherine's hair is stunning and her necklace is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom