The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Princess Anne attended Wimbledon in 1967 and 1969, when she presented the trophy to Ann Jones who won the Women's singles final that year.
Prince Edward has never attended Wimbledon, to the best of my knowledge.

The last time Prince Charles had attended (before this year) was back in 1970.
princess anne is a really pretty girl but eww who is that woman behind her in 1967
and oh you gotta love prince charles expressions
and also thankyou for sharing these were amazing

Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Majesty

I posted this on the Cambridges' 'Current Events' thread, but posting it here as well since Harry is involved. Mods, feel free to move if necessary.

From 'MAJESTY' Magazine's facebook page:

ST JAMES'S PALACE

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a sports-themed event at Bacon’s College, London SE16, on 26 July to launch the Coach Core programme, a partnership between their Foundation and Greenhouse.

The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will join approximately 100 young people taking part in a sports festival. The festival will launch a new programme called Coach Core that The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is supporting in partnership with the charity Greenhouse. The Greenhouse charity will be running the day, which will take place at Bacon’s College, Rotherhithe.

Their Royal Highnesses will meet some of the new Coach Core trainees involved in the programme and observe various sports such as Football, Basketball, Judo and Table Tennis. There will be three speeches following the sporting events, including a speech given by The Duke of Cambridge, one from Michael de Giorgio, the Chief Executive of Greenhouse, and a short personal contribution from a young person on their personal experience of the programme.

Coach Core aims to train a new generation of sports coaches. The programme will train 16-19 year olds to become qualified coaches and mentors for their schools and communities. These talented young sportsmen and women will be able to inspire their students and build a future for themselves in sport.

The Coach Core programme is being piloted (and implemented) by Greenhouse. Greenhouse places inspirational coaches into schools across London’s most disadvantaged communities. The coaches run full-time programmes, working to engage young people in their education and community, whilst improving their health and well-being.

If the pilot is successful, The Foundation aim to roll out the Coach Core programme to other sectors where inspirational young coaches can become role models for and inspire young people.

More information about The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Greenhouse charity can be found at the following websites: The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Greenhouse Charity

Timing and Media Opportunities (NOT for publication or Broadcast):
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will arrive at Bacon’s College at approximately 1130 hrs. This will be covered by a Limited Fixed Point

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm doing the Coach Core updates here and Olympic torch updates in the BRF at the Olympics thread

Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter On my way to cover William, Kate and Harry launching a new sports coaching initiative for 16-19 year olds this morning.
Quote:
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal heading for East London - #William, #Kate and #PrinceHarry all together at charity event to inspire kids through sports coaching
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William, #Kate & #princeharry to watch separate sport/coaching demos - Harry became qualified touch rugby coach during 2004 gap-year
Quote:
phil dampier ‏@phildampier #royals #olympics Will Kate and Harry will all be seeing youngsters coached in East London today. Three will carry Olympic torch

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
I'm with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in south London today as they encourage young people to become sports coaches
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Royals attend sports project launch
Article
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

One last tweet then I'm out till later this morning

Quote:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals Supporter of @UkScouting,Duchess of Cambridge nominates community hero who saved man's life to bear Olympic flame http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201207268775/duchess-cambridge-nominates-hero-olympics/1/
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will, Kate and Harry have arrived at Bacon's College. Kate is wearing a cream dress with a kind of grey check/plaid pattern, with a while belt. She looks great, very summery. Hair is down so we'll hear the predictable wailing about her not wearing it up. William and Harry are in shirt sleeves and slacks.

EDIT

If this is the wrong place for this, perhaps a mod could move my post?

Here's a pic of William and Kate by Rebecca English:

http://yfrog.com/oe6zwubvj
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think it's the right thread since the visit had little to do with Olympics.
Anyway, some more pictures:

- William, Harry and Kate
- William, Harry and Kate tour the college
- The Duchess of Cambridge playing table tennis

- Prince Harry
- William and Kate in a car

Hopefully, there'll be better pictures soon.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Cut-price Kate sports a £35 dress from Hobbs as she joins the country in countdown to Olympic Games
Quote:
With just a day to go before the opening of the London Olympics, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry were entering into the spirit of the Games today. Kate and the two princes were attending the launch of a new sports project in south east London that aims to train the next generation of sports coaches. Young trainers were putting some 100 students through their paces for the royal trio, whose charitable foundation is supporting the initiative.
Some lovely (and clear) pictures in the article:
- William, Kate and Harry 1
- William, Kate and Harry 2
- William and Kate

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone else find it cute that the Princes still tend to dress alike - or at this age, it would be more that they share fashion tips.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...6_964x1364.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...4_964x1276.jpg

Today it was suede shoes, khakis, white shirts with rolled up sleeves and beaded belts.

Those brown suede shoes are a big step up for Prince William!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

standard off-duty miliary wear - sort of an out-of-uniform uniform

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Majesty

The heat may have something to do with the fact that they opted to not wear a suit, and the fact that it's a sport-themed engagement.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Oh my goodness! I know it is not supposed to be about the dress.

BUT have you ever seen such a frumpy horrible A line dress in your life.

Kate - take some style tips from Elizabeth TAYLOR in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to see how its done! Now that really is a white dress!

She needs a Catherine Walker to help her get it together. Yes I know its only playing table tennis but that dress is embarrassing!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly? Embarrassing? No-one should take style tips from Elizabeth Taylor, given she had some of the worst taste in fashion and jewellery ever.

This is nowhere near the worst A line dress I've ever seen, and if it is for you then you must have lived the kind of charmed life the rest of us can only dream of.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

I think she looked good. The dress is lovely I thought. Simple and appropriate for the event they were at.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Honestly? Embarrassing? No-one should take style tips from Elizabeth Taylor, given she had some of the worst taste in fashion and jewellery ever.

This is nowhere near the worst A line dress I've ever seen, and if it is for you then you must have lived the kind of charmed life the rest of us can only dream of.
Elizabeth Taylor's personal style may have been a bit much, bu the dress she wore in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is, IMO, impeccable. It's definitely a classic.

I agree that there's hardly anything embarrassing about Kate's dress. It's not my favorite, but it's perfectly nice.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Without getting too off topic,I think we can agree that most women have an on and off fashion day...and Catherine and Elizabeth Taylor are no different. But Elizabeth Taylor (the acting and the clothes considering she lost her husband in a tragic plane accident) in Cat on a Hot Tin roof is SUPERB!

That being said, I think it was entirely appropriate what she wore today (I too would have gone with the ballet flats) but what is more important than her attire was that all three (William, Harry and Catherine) appeared to enjoy the day.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Kate really is 30 going on 70 even though I think she only does dress like this to suck up to the royals ie not trying to be a fashion item as they seem to hate that kind of thing. That's why it's so hilarious when the media still try to tell us what a fashion icon she is as she is clearly frumpy and for her own reasons seems to want to be so. Yet the media want their new Diana and won't let the fact that Kate and the queen could be sharing outfits get in the way of it, ha, ha!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Kate really is 30 going on 70 even though I think she only does dress like this to suck up to the royals ie not trying to be a fashion item as they seem to hate that kind of thing. That's why it's so hilarious when the media still try to tell us what a fashion icon she is as she is clearly frumpy and for her own reasons seems to want to be so. Yet the media want their new Diana and won't let the fact that Kate and the queen could be sharing outfits get in the way of it, ha, ha!
Apparently a lot of young women disagree with you since everything she wears sells out and stores have to reorder in order to meet demand from buyers. In fact some British stores and designers are opening shops in the US to meet demands from America for fashions that Catherine has worn. The socalled Kate effect has had a very positive impact on retail sales.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I kinda found it weird that William went with Harry and Kate by herself even though William arrived with Kate and all 3 of them we're going back to BP to change
Quote:
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN Harry and William leave in one car, Kate in another

Closed Thread