The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

DM article :

Finally we honour the bravest of the brave: Queen arrives for unveiling of Bomber Command memorial 67 years after the end of World War Two | Mail Online

Apparently a major part of the royal bunch was on duty today :

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Unveil The Bomber Command Memorial - Zimbio

Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Majesty

yes, interesting to note that pretty much all the older generationbs of royals were "on duty" today.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is another video

+
DAYLIFE gallery > http://www.daylife.com/search/photos...8+june%2C+2012
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Courtier

An impressive royal turnout to commemorate an extraordinary feat. About time there was such a fitting memorial to the brave men of Bomber Command.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Princess Michael of Kent and the Duke of Kent attended day five of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships
on June 29, 2012 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
This is a proper memorial, not some modern art mediocrity such as that puddle memorialising Diana.
The puddle ........ The memorial fountain is lovely. . A delightful happy place were people relax and children paddle. Have you ever been there ?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudur rose

The puddle ........ The memorial fountain is lovely. . A delightful happy place were people relax and children paddle. Have you ever been there ?
I've been there. It's awful looking and what kind of memorial is it when its only use is for kids to play in it when it's warm? It's meaningless.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

I've been there. It's awful looking and what kind of memorial is it when its only use is for kids to play in it when it's warm? It's meaningless.
I disagree. I think a memorial that's meant to serve a purpose and be functional is very fitting here- kids get to play in it and be active and happy which very much fits in with the life of the person being memorialized.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

great photos! willam don't attend?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
great photos! willam don't attend?
He didn't, but as a serving RAF officer I'm surprised he wasn't present. I suppose he was on duty, though.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

It appeared to only be the "elder" Royals who attended.

There is a video of the ceremony available on Youtube:

Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely to see the dedication ceremony. Thanks for the links.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley
An impressive royal turnout to commemorate an extraordinary feat.
Based on this photo the 12 members of the Royal Family who attended were:

The Queen
The Duke of Edinburgh
The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke of York
The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
The Duke of Gloucester
The Duchess of Gloucester
The Duke of Kent
Prince Michael of Kent
Princess Michael of Kent
Old 07-05-2012, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I dunno if it's better for me to put this in the BRF current events thread
Quote:
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine Prince William, known as the Earl of Strathearn in Scotland, will be installed as a Knight of the Thistle in Edinburgh this morning.
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine Kate, aka the Countess of Strathearn, will be at the service in St Giles' Kirk with the Queen, Prince Philip and the Princess Royal.
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
It's been foggy here in Edinburgh since yesterday evening but that won't impede the royal journey from the nearby Palace of Holyroodhouse.
Quote:
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Seriously misty in Edinburgh today where Prince William will be installed as a Knight of the Thistle at St Giles Church
Alright y'all got approx times

Quote:
Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate @Kristinazzz9191 hey! well the ceremony is at 11, and the procession before that so I'd keep a look out from 10 (UK time) at the latest...
I'm gonna have to sadly skip this one again because the ceremony will be round 3am PST/6am EST here so too late for me but I might be here for the procession.

If needed can someone transfer my posts to the BRF current events thread?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

No Charles Camilla or Andrew today
Quote:
phil dampier ‏@phildampier Charles will be at Highgrove saving the rain forest. And Prince Andrew is today opening The Shard - now Europe's tallest occupied building
Aww this is cute
Quote:
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Prince William spent time in St Giles Cathedral this morn rehearsing for the Thistle ceremony, he smiled as public cheered him as he left
kk heading to bed should be starting soon-ish. Hopefully someone can cover for me and update with w/e news we get from the procession and ceremony
Old 07-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

There doesn't appear to be a thread for the Order of Thistle ceremonies, so I'm posting this here.

Today, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will attend the Thistle Service in St. Giles' Cathedral. They'll also be at the Thistle Luncheon at the Signet Library.

Prince Charles, the Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Duke of York will not be present (other engagements). Princess Anne will be present, along with (possibly) the Duchess of Gloucester and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. Princess Anne's attendance is confirmed, but not that of the others.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge aren't listed as attending, but since Prince William is to be officially invested as a Knight of the Order today, they (or at the very least, William) are guaranteed to be there. No mention of the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is wearing a kind of buttery yellow coat dress along with the hat she first wore to the Epsom Derby last year. Her hair is half up with some really nice extra curls going on.

Weather in Edinburgh absolutely horrible with so much mist and fog you'd think it was mid-February rather than July.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

No pictures of Kate or other royals yet, but here is one of William after his installation ceremony.
- Prince William
Old 07-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sky News and BBC News showed them all standing outside with William having changed into the full regalia of the Order. We're not going to see anything from inside the Cathedral so we're going to have to wait for them to come out again for anymore pictures.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Courtier

First pics here:
Duchess of Cambridge pretty in primrose as she attends service to see William made Knight of the Thistle | Mail Online