The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Did Kate actually say "good Morning Grannie" when she greeted HM ? :-)

Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Who said she did?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Perhaps Kit is referring to the video of William and Catherine greeting the Queen at the train station. I watched it twice, I didn't hear their conversation.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Yep i was watching the Video. thought i heard her saying sth like that after Wills said "only a bunch" to HM
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked her curtsey and kiss for the Queen, very nice. I'll have to relisten again for the verbiage.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm almost certain William said, "I love your hat" to the Queen. The Queen asked him something and I think he says "only just", so it might've been about the journey from Anglesey or something. Couldn't hear what Kate said.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
I didn't hear that but I hope it's true :)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

will they be airing any more jubilee specials on bbc america
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Haven't felt well today and I just woke up from a nap and thought I'd watch the vids and my god I dunno if it was just ITN's feed but totally blew my ears out! That's one loud crowd! Well done!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Today's events seemed to be very enjoyable for all three royals. Little 8 year old Isabelle Weall was particularly keen to meet Kate. She lost both arms and both legs to meningitis.

Kate with little Isabelle

William has a go at foam javelin throwing

Not to be outdone, Kate gives it a shot as well

You don't need me to tell you who this is, do you?

Peekaboo

Lots of happy smiles all round
Pic 1- Heart-warming! Pure Kate magic!
Pics 2 and 3- Wonder how they'd be with cross-bows?
Pics 4&5- No I don't- H.M. is good at hide and seek!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Pic 1- Heart-warming! Pure Kate magic!
Pics 2 and 3- Wonder how they'd be with cross-bows?
Pics 4&5- No I don't- H.M. is good at hide and seek!
You summed it up . As for William and Catherine's skills with a crossbow, I think we'll have to wait for a joint even with Robert Hardy, the crossbow/longbow expert . On a serious note though, I love the picture of Catherine talking to Isabelle. I read somewhere that the little girl really wanted to meet her, and seeing that smile come from Catherine probably made her day. Some people know how to bring sunshine with them, no matter where they go. Loved the pictures of Her Majesty 'playing hide and seek' (I have a feeling she wasn't doing that, but the pictures are very cute nonetheless).

Mag, thank you for the lovely video! The enthusiasm for Her Majesty's visit was very palpable. It must be very touching to know that one's subjects and supporters are willing to get up so early just because you'll be there. Of course with all Her Majesty has done, it's no wonder she receives the respect that she does. The little girl talking about her meeting with Catherine was very sweet. She didn't expect Kate to be 'very chatty' and was pleasantly surprised. As usual, I love watching the Duchess interact with children. She has such a way with them.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what the Queen said to Kate here?

...I have come all this way and you are out of gin...
Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

Wow, that is a completely fantastic picture. I love it! The Queen looks so relaxed and happy and Kate looks so comfortable with her.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Video: Will and Kate throw javelins
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

You wouldn't happen to be behind https://twitter.com/queen_uk, would you?

EDIT

I notice a maple leaf flag among the crowd in Nottingham yesterday. Those Canucks really do get around, don't they?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to be behind https://twitter.com/queen_uk, would you?
No - not on Twitter yet.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I assumed you probably weren't, as I think the person behind that account is British. Your joke just reminded me of it given how much 'The Queen' discusses her gin escapades on it. It's always Gin O'Clock for her.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
That was a great video. Thank you for sharing . I do have to say that the press (and sometimes the public) have no understanding of the concept of 'personal space'. It always irritates me when someone has to tell a group of people to move back, when it should be common sense to let the person one is talking to have enough breathing room. In this case, William actually had something to do, so being in his face was really not conducive. On a more positive note, I do love watching Will and Kate be competitive with each other, and the reporter's little barb of 'anything William can do she can do better' (or something along those lines). Made me think of a song from 'Annie Get Your Gun' by the name of 'Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better'. Wonder if it'd fit the Cambridges when it comes to sports ?

Quote:
I assumed you probably weren't, as I think the person behind that account is British. Your joke just reminded me of it given how much 'The Queen' discusses her gin escapades on it. It's always Gin O'Clock for her.
Those updates always make me laugh.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Well, Kate had to say something to her, so this would definitely be something suitable. I certainly hope she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I get a kick out of Kate doing sporty athletic stuff like throwing javelins and helping erect tents in her heels, hat and form-fitting dress. It makes you wonder if she'd just like to rip the constricting items off and really get down and dirty! I thought her dainty little curtsey and William's bow to HM were so cute. Thanks for the video, Ghost.