The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts relating to the wealth of the Royal Family have been moved to Royal Wealth and Finances .

Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen and Prince Andrew attend Sandringham garden party

Video: Queen and Prince Andrew attend Sandringham garden party - Telegraph

Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Here's a nice gallery of that garden party today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts A Garden Party At The Sandringham Estate **
Old 06-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

June 12 Garden Party

I think Her Majesty looks lovely in that peach color, her pin really caught the sun and that hat was a party all on its own. Lovely.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Just posted this in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's current events thread but I'll post it here as well so for today's visit with the Queen here are the details

Quote:
The Queen is expected to arrive in Nottingham at 10:05am (5:05am EDT), she is traveling by train. HM is to be greeted by William and Kate, I do not know how the couple is getting to the area.Following is a brief rundown of the scheduled events as described on the My Nottingham website:
  • after the 10:05 meeting at the train station both parties will travel by car to the Old Market Square
  • the Royals are expected to arrive in the Old Market Square at 10.10am and will spend time greeting the crowds, before going into the Council House to meet the Lord Lieutenants of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire and invited guests
  • Crowds will get another glimpse of the special visitors when they appear on the Council House balcony to acknowledge the crowd
  • The Royal party will then leave by car at approximately 10.55am… before heading to Vernon Park in Basford which has been granted Queen Elizabeth 2 Field Status, meaning it will be protected for future generations to enjoy
  • The Royal Party will arrive at Vernon Park along Vernon Avenue at approximately 11.00 am for a re-dedication of Vernon Park under the auspices of the QE2 Fields in Trust organisation, of which Prince William is patron.
  • The Queen will unveil a plaque to mark the park’s new status and the Royal party will enjoy sporting and musical performances by children from schools and groups from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire
Latest updates on the Royal visit : Nottingham City Council

Here are the start time conversions : 2:05am PST and 5:05am EST
Old 06-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Diamond Jubilee 2012 ‏@Jubilee2012info The Queen Arrives Nottingham in less than two hours...heading to market square!!! Are you there?/ Tweet back

Notts Scouts ‏@NottsScouts
2 Scouts & 2 Explorers welcome #Royal party to @MyNottingham. Then 8 will help carry flowers and gifts at Vernon Park. #Honoured to be asked

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
William, #Kate and the #Queen will arrive to be greeted by crowds in Nottingham's Market Square followed by a visit to Vernon Park
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty
Up in Nottingham where there is a real excitement building for the visit of the Queen, Prince William and Catherine later today #Jubilee

phil dampier ‏@phildampier
Queen joined by Will and Kate in Nottingham today - Prince Philip still recovering at home.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale Crowds already gathering in Nottingham for Queen and the Cambridges. Duke of Edinburgh missing. Will he be at Trooping the Colour Saturday?

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy On 13 Jun: The Queen - accompanied by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a reception at the Council House, Nottingham.

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are accompanying The Queen on a #DiamondJubilee visit to Nottingham today, visiting @FieldsinTrust

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of @FieldsinTrust which aims to protect playing fields throughout the UK. Find out more:...
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Over 18000 members of public are expected to greet the Queen, William and Kate in #Nottingham's Market Square today

Updates begin

This girl is actually there so I'd recommend following her updates
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

More updates
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Crowds have been gathering since 4.30am here in Nottingham, where the Queen and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due at 10am.

Notts Scouts ‏@NottsScouts View from the balcony the royal party will wave from later today. We're in position too! @ClarenceHouse #royalvisit http://pic.twitter.com/ukiiIneO

Hannah Meredith ‏@hannahmeredith
Frank has brought a friend with him to see Kate and William http://pic.twitter.com/hpXbKlJg

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate will meet the Queen at the station before all head to Old Market Square for a walkabout and balcony appearance.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter I'm heading to Vernon Park, where the royal party will later open a Queen Elizabeth II Playing Field to mark the jubilee.

My Nottingham ‏@MyNottingham
Crowd in Old Market Square Nottingham... #royalsinnottm http://pic.twitter.com/mHSWxDsb

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy
Are you hoping to see The Queen in #Nottingham or #Corby today? Tell us if you're successful with an @mention #RoyalVisit #DiamondJubilee

Burghley ‏@burghleyhouse
Flowers for the Queen arranged by our head gardener! http://pic.twitter.com/ZOTpxeTa

Press Association ‏@pressassoc The Queen heads to the East Midlands today with the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. Keep up to date here: http://bit.ly/xgJGLX #paqueen

TheBritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy Sports field all set up and crowds gathering for the #RoyalVisit at #VernonPark #DiamondJubilee http://pic.twitter.com/qTWgWq8G

Judy Wade ‏@Judy_Wade Unbelievably huge crowd in Nottingham think more than record number in Leicester whole city has turned out. Crowds gathering from 5.OO am

Lauren Knifton ‏@LaurenKnifton @BritishMonarchy Nottm - the band is playing, the crowd are 20 deep and we're all waving our union jacks in excitement- God Save the Queen!

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Back on the Jubilee roadshow, this time Nottingham where the Queen will be joined by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
HRHDuchesskate ‏@HRHDuchesskate The Queen should be arriving in Nottingham in under 20 minutes :)
If my timing is correct about 15 mins till arrival time
Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

They're on their way!
Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail William and Kate just driven by me on way to meet the Queen in Nottingham - am told they drove up from Anglesey this morning #earlystart
Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail And apparently they are heading back there afterwards as Prince William has to get back to work! #duchessofcambridge #queen
Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes On a previous visit to Nottingham HM met Golden couple Torville and Dean, this time she is joined by the latest golden couple Wills & Kate
Updates:http://www.itv.com/news/central/stor...ee-highlights/

Looks like they may be a couple mins behind
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

She's here!
Quote:
My Nottingham ‏@MyNottingham She's here!! The Queen has arrived in #Nottingham #royalsinnottm
and in pale green

And the Duchess
Quote:
LL ‏@liltinglimes Kate in dark navy hat and light blue tweed jacket with hair in bun
Guyz I'm sorry but it's almost 3am here I need sleep. Someone please take over for me and I'll catch up later tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Someone please take over for me and I'll catch up later tomorrow.
I'll try my best

The crowds in Nottingham - https://twitter.com/rtones/status/21...402241/photo/1

Quote:
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN
The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a coat by Missoni with a hat by Rachel Trevor Morgan.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately Nick Clegg's giving evidence at Leveson today so BBC News and Sky News aren't following the visit live. Because we'd all rather see him than the Queen .
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Unfortunately Nick Clegg's giving evidence at Leveson today so BBC News and Sky News aren't following the visit live. Because we'd all rather see him than the Queen .
Sky News have started giving some coverage
Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

35,000 have gathered for this event in the market square.

First picture: https://twitter.com/georgehulston/st...266496/photo/1

Think i've just seen Catherine's outfit on SkyNews, long navy skirt, jacket and a fascinator. Looks very dowdy.

Correction the woman I saw was the one on the left of this picture, Catherine is just wearing a long blue coat.
http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion...diamond-ju.htm

Balcony Shots:
https://twitter.com/MyNottingham/sta...579843/photo/1
https://twitter.com/misslfoster/stat...139648/photo/1
Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A very lucky member of the public captured this shot: https://twitter.com/genie14/status/2...032960/photo/1
Old 06-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

True blue: Kate looks every inch a royal in Missoni as she arrives at Nottingham train station for latest leg of Jubilee tour | Mail Online
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince William giving his speech live now on Sky News.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today's events seemed to be very enjoyable for all three royals. Little 8 year old Isabelle Weall was particularly keen to meet Kate. She lost both arms and both legs to meningitis.

Kate with little Isabelle

I wonder what the Queen said to Kate here?

The Queen and Kate enjoying the day

William has a go at foam javelin throwing

Not to be outdone, Kate gives it a shot as well

As a Scout volunteer, Kate was able to help with erecting their tent

You don't need me to tell you who this is, do you?

Peekaboo

Lots of happy smiles all round
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

in the compaation of photos from march when kate used thar dress and now she is a little more fat now. great for her, really was very skinny
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Photo: http://tmblr.co/ZsfyvvNJzmOv Duke and Duchess of Cambridge join HM the Queen in Nottingham
Untagged for the Cambridges
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Untagged for the Queen
queen elizabeth - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Untagged for both
Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit The East Midlands - Pictures - Zimbio

Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Getty Images - Search: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit The East Midlands
Quote:
Kate Middleton Fans ‏@RoyallyKate “60 years of marriage? Wow. Well I’ve done one!” - Kate, when meeting a couple in Nottingham who had been married for 60 years.
Quote:
"Kate’s terribly sweet apparently and told Leon how much Wills loves, cares for and looks after her."
— @JonathanMayor [‘Leon’ is the Lord Mayor of Nottingham]

Closed Thread