British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with cepe regarding Christmas though. Its one thing maybe to attend Ascot or some other public event but to be at Sandringham with the Queen and a few dozen members of the BRF would be pretty uncomfortable for me.

I don't know, I think I would enjoy myself. Of course there would be some butterflies in my stomach because I get nervous going over to anyones house, even my own family's house ( you know cousins houses) sometimes. I think I would enjoy getting to know Sophie, Catherine, Beatrice, Eugenie, William, Harry and the rest of the gang.

For years, we had Kate being invited to Sandringham Christmas while a still a girlfriend, last year was Pippa was going to come, this year Mike & Carole. I don't believe it.

I think it we be like last year - Christmas with the royals & New Years Eve with the Middletons.

Great video - thank you Dman. Just love the weather forecast - even more than the parachute jump

The press gets into this kind of thing every year to fill their pages.

The Christmas festivities at Sandringham have always been just for the family. The Middleton's will be doing their own thing at their own home. The Queen usually only invite weekend guest to Sandringham once the Christmas celebrations are over and many of her own family members have gone back home. There isn't much room at Sandringham already. There was at Windsor but not Sandringham.

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall usually go back to Birkhall and I have heard that William & Catherine joins them for New Years.

Sophie attended Sandringham as a girlfriend, but never Christmas day. The rule is only those married to the family, or engaged to be married, can attend Christmas Day.

As Dman says, most of the family leave after Boxing Day and that is the time when other guests are invited. Edward and Sophie appear to be the only ones to stay for longer, which is perhaps why Christopher is often invited after Christmas.

Yeah, the Wessex's are known to stay longer than the rest of the family.

maybe Mike's family will be there for Boxing Day as well. It's a pity Autumn can't be with her family at Christmas:sad:

If Anne & Tim leave on Boxing Day it would be odd for Mike's family to show up. Presumably they would go the Gatcombe to see their son & daughter in law or Mike and Zara would go to see them at their home.

Queen Elizabeth II accompanied by the Countess of Wessex leaves St Mary Magdalene Church on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk after attending a Sunday church service, also present were The Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Edward :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Queen Elizabeth II and Countess of Wessex :flowers:
Queen

edit
GALLERY

Last edited:
HRH the Countess looks quite stunning! Thanks for the picture links.

They all look lovely. Wonder why Louise didnt go this time.

Very nice pictures. Everyone looks great. Lovely choices of attire for Her Majesty and the Countess of Wessex.

If the Cambridges are at at Sandringham, how come they didn't attend church?

I do not think they are at Sandringham anymore. It is unusual for other family members to stay after boxing day. It only ever appears that the Wessex family remain behind.

Yeah, I forgot the Wessex's stay a bit longer than the rest of the family.

The normal routine is for the family to be there on Christmas Day, Camilla to leave on Boxing Day to be with her own family, most to stay for the Boxing Day shoot and then to leave from the 27th. Charles goes to Scotland where Camilla normally joins him for New Year while others go to see their non-royal families as well.

I remember a number of years ago the heated discussion with the Camilla-haters using her non-appearance in Scotland as proof that the CC marriage was in trouble because she didn't go to Scotland for New Year but that was the year when the police and emergency services people asked everyone who didn't have to travel to not travel due to the appalling weather so Camilla stayed with her family while Charles had New Year in Scotland and she joined him as soon as she could safely travel.

The Wessexes usually stay for an extra week or so. Other relatives of both The Queen and Philip often come and spend a few days with them over the coming 6 weeks of their stay at Sandringham. Last year one of Philip's neices/nephews from Germany spent some time with them - and attended church, which is usually the only way we know who is there.

Andrew and the girls have usually left quickly after Christmas to go skiing or something else as a family with Sarah. When she was allowed to stay on the estate over Christmas they would stay longer but when Philip put a stop to that Andrew and the girls started leaving either on Boxing Day or the 27th as well and they spend New Year with Sarah.

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post the article but this is probably the best place for it.
Pretty funny pictures of British Royals; they brought back some pretty fond memories. :D

The Funniest Royal Pictures Of 2012
What a year for the royals! When it comes to providing us with silly photos, the royal family really are the gift that just keeps on giving. From posing with animals to dancing with natives, from Salford to the South Pacific, here were just some of the classic royal moments that were caught on camera in 2012...

My favourite pictures:
- Harry 1, Harry 2, Harry 3, Harry 4
- Prince Philip, The Queen 1, The Queen 2, , The Queen 3 (Exterminate!), The Queen and Kate
- Prince Charles 1, Prince Charles 2, Prince Charles 3, Prince Charles 4 (D'oh!), Prince Charles and Camilla (and adorable koalas), Camilla and Princess Mary,

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post the article but this is probably the best place for it.
Pretty funny pictures of British Royals; they brought back some pretty fond memories. :D

The Funniest Royal Pictures Of 2012

My favourite pictures:
- Harry 1, Harry 2, Harry 3, Harry 4
- Prince Philip, The Queen 1, The Queen 2, , The Queen 3 (Exterminate!), The Queen and Kate
- Prince Charles 1, Prince Charles 2, Prince Charles 3, Prince Charles 4 (D'oh!), Prince Charles and Camilla (and adorable koalas), Camilla and Princess Mary,

What a great find. Thank you so much for sharing. There are so many funny moments captured in this collection, that it's hard to choose a favorite one. I do love the ones you highlighted. It seems to me that Prince Charles has soome of the funniest facial expressions.

I truly feel for PC squeezing himself into that confined space in #3. My back is twinging in sympathy!

How nice to see Lady Helen at Sandringham. I wonder where her husband and family are. Thanks for the images. :) Lady Helen is a pretty woman and looks so much like her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom