The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
... [snipped]
The Countess of Wessex, Prince Charles, Duke of Kent and Duchess of Gloucester are also there.
You can see them in this picture (unfortunately, from the back).
Sophie's, Countess of Wessex, appears to be lovely. Hopefully we shall see her photos soon.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

And that's Princess Anne walking beside Kate with the Duke of Gloucester behind them.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Kate is a breath of fresh air at Palace garden party
Kate is a breath of fresh air at Palace garden party - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge says her first Buckingham Palace garden party is 'nerve-wracking' experience - Telegraph

Kate's funny!
Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Kate told me today that she found her first garden party 'nerve-wracking' - looked anything but to me....very confident with the crowds.

Also said that she would try the 14 cake challenge (average number of pastries scoffed by garden party guests).Hmmm...#duchessofcambridge
Video: http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-...-jubilee-gala/
Old 05-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice article that shows how much rapport Kate's got with people. And as far as scarfing down all those pastries, I bet she's got a good enough appetite to do it....she just knows how to exercise it off!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

14 sandwiches and cakes is an amazing number for each of the 8,000 guests to be scoffing. Typical of the British public - it's their special day so they're bloody well going to enjoy it. The catering bill must be astronomical.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I've been informed that when the Duchess heard about the criticism of her dress today she replied with this:
Quote:
"Times are tough - I cannot be expected to wear a new outfit for every royal engagement. I am not a fashion model." - Duchess of Cambridge
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

"Times are tough", as she spends basically what the average person earns a month on one dress. I am not saying anything mean about Catherine, but that response does not mean much and if anything makes her sound quite uptight. (Just my opinion, don't hate on it.)

I see no problem with her wearing the same dress in a matter of weeks, and it bothers me how the press make a deal of it. I wish they would focus on more important matters, like who beat up a 93 year old woman in her sleep who has now sadly died.

Rant over. Let's go back to admiring the Royals. :)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I've been informed that when the Duchess heard about the criticism of her dress today she replied with this:
I doubt she said that, it's sound exactly like the sentence from the tabloid that came from the trusty "friends source"
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I dunno, I asked they told me it's from today, but I do feel like I've heard something similar somewhere else before.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Nice article that shows how much rapport Kate's got with people. And as far as scarfing down all those pastries, I bet she's got a good enough appetite to do it....she just knows how to exercise it off!
I felt the same when I read that particular article. She's such a 'people' person, and knows how to make them feel at ease. She's not pretentious, and that attracts those around her. As for her exercising off those 14 tea sandwiches, I'm with you as well. She knows how to keep herself in shape, and is probably able to eat anything she wants, within reason.

Quote:
If she indeed said it, then she's being very aware of what's going on. Even if she's spending what an average person earns in a month on one dress, I can guarantee that there are others with unlimited funds who spend a great deal more, and more than likely don't recycle what they have bought. All you need to do is step into a thrift store, and you'll see some very nice designer clothing that has been worn only once (if at all). Catherine is very good when it comes to getting her money's worth out of her wardrobe.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Stylish Duchess of Cambridge wows the guests at garden party debut

I have no bloody clue what time the Epsom Derby starts in the UK but it will air at 2pm PST on CBC and CBC.ca
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Liv.../ID=2216405128

Does BBC usually air it?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I have no bloody clue what time the Epsom Derby starts in the UK but it will air at 2pm PST on CBC and CBC.ca
CBC.ca Player

Does BBC usually air it?
There's coverage of the Derby on BBCone, which will start at 12:50pm GMT.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There's coverage of the Derby on BBCone, which will start at 12:50pm GMT.
Actually it starts at 12.50 BST which is GMT+1. So it'll start at 11.50 GMT.

That'll be 04:50 in Vancouver/west coast of America. On the east coast of the US it'll be 07:50. For most of Europe it'll be 13:50 (Central European Summer Time). In Australia it'll be 21:50 AEST, 19:50 AWST and 21:20 ACST.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
14 sandwiches and cakes is an amazing number for each of the 8,000 guests to be scoffing. Typical of the British public - it's their special day so they're bloody well going to enjoy it. The catering bill must be astronomical.
Not all the people who attend live in London. So in order to be right on time they have to travel over some distances, cue at the entrance of the palace gardens and then wait till all are there and the show begins. No wonder they all eat so much as they surely haven't gotten the time to get a decent meal for lunch and won't have one for dinner with leaving the party and travelling home. Catherine OTOH surely had something for lunch and will have dinner, so she needs not eat so much being there.....Probably nothing at all as her job is to talk to the guests and make them feel at home.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Not all the people who attend live in London. So in order to be right on time they have to travel over some distances, cue at the entrance of the palace gardens and then wait till all are there and the show begins. No wonder they all eat so much as they surely haven't gotten the time to get a decent meal for lunch and won't have one for dinner with leaving the party and travelling home. Catherine OTOH surely had something for lunch and will have dinner, so she needs not eat so much being there.....Probably nothing at all as her job is to talk to the guests and make them feel at home.
There is a separate tea tent for the royals so I am sure they manage a cup of tea and a piece of cake during the event.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Majesty

Spletnik -The Garden party 2012
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Actually it starts at 12.50 BST which is GMT+1. So it'll start at 11.50 GMT.

That'll be 04:50 in Vancouver/west coast of America. On the east coast of the US it'll be 07:50. For most of Europe it'll be 13:50 (Central European Summer Time). In Australia it'll be 21:50 AEST, 19:50 AWST and 21:20 ACST.
Thank you! In that case just use my tvpc.com link from the jubilee thread
tvpc.com - BBC 1
Old 05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

No problem, ghost. You're always so good with all your info I figured the least I could do was look that up for you. I'll be honest, all the timezones with daylight saving going on in some parts of the world but not others is fairly confusing.

Are you gonna have a few very early wake up times over the weekend, ghost. Do you think you'll be able to to see most of it at least?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It's gonna be one crazy weekend! I thank god for my DVR but I am hoping to be here with all of you for most of the live broadcasts! I think I'm gonna fill up on redbull and coffee come Friday night. Your right the time zones are soo confusing. Half the time I dunno what time to check on my tv guide cause all the diff time zones are stuck in my head.

Closed Thread