The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Courtier

It seems Charles and Camilla (well Camilla at least) spent Easter with her family.

Why Easter Sunday is the greatest festival of all (and an excuse for a damned good lunch!) | Mail Online

Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Louise is just too cute for words, I love her little bow and loose curls. She is the image of her father, right down to the little gap in her teeth! She has lost some of her baby teeth, bless her. Her little dress looked cute too, and her white tights were adorable. It sort of looks like she picked her own clothes out. She has grown up so much since the Royal wedding last year, it's scary. I cannot wait to see James at some point in the future.

The images of the family are lovely, and I especially loved the video of the Wessex trio getting out of their car (which I thought was nice that they travelled together) and Edward told Louise to shake the Bishop's hand. (He may not have been a Bishop...) He then held his hand out for her to hold as they walked into church, so cute!

The images of the Queen accepting flowers is always lovely to see, she is so gracious. Such lovely images, the children always look so happy to greet her, and it was also lovely to see Beatrice give her little cousin a bouquet of flowers to hold.

ITNSource has a longer video of the family arriving and departing, can be seen here.

Another thing I liked from the images is the photos of Eugenie linking her arm through her uncle Tim's as she walks up the hill. Nice touch.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

Another thing I liked from the images is the photos of Eugenie linking her arm through her uncle Tim's as she walks up the hill. Nice touch.

here is picture
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/678...0648630033.jpg
and about the video -> it was really sweet to hear Prince Andrew pointed and say: "Louise" when they passed with car (0:42)
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

So wonderful not only to see Louise, but also to see Eugenie looking just so very stunning!! She's lost weight since last I saw her and she looks wonderful.

Sophie also looked lovely in that vibrant pink. I could swear I've seen that outfit before, as the detailing/pleats on the jacket's so unique. I'm thinking that documentary on the Royal Family at work that was done a few years ago is where I saw her wearing it before. Regardless, it's a winner.

Her Majesty looked lovely as well, but then when doesn't she? :o) Loved that green feather in her hat. You've got to be so careful w/pairing greens and purples together, but the designer got it just right here.

Love that one photo of where she's looking at the DoE and they're laughing over something and in the background you can see Sophie and Anne having a good giggle over something too. Such a great picture of all them enjoying themselves and the day.

Thanks to one and all for the links. Off to the other Forums to see if there's any other Easter pictures out there. It seems it's Easter and Christmas when we get to see the little ones the most, so off to see what I can find. :o)
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I really do love this family events so much!
Great to see so many family members together, especially Lady Louise.
Pity the Wales' couldn't make it, but I daresay Charles and Camilla wanted to spend the Easter with Camilla's family, William and Kate probably spent it with Kate's family (to make up for Christmas, which obviously has to be spend with the Royal Family), and Harry is supposed to be in Romania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
It seems Charles and Camilla (well Camilla at least) spent Easter with her family. Why Easter Sunday is the greatest festival of all (and an excuse for a damned good lunch!) | Mail Online
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Tom's article. I wish I had his command of English, or Armenian, for that matter.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Andrew looked like he was going to church to celebrate the resurrection of Christ.

The rest looked like they were trying to attend a fashion show - that is why I say Andrew looked respectable and the others didn't.

Louise looked like she should have been growing up in the 1950s not the 2010s - why her parents want to dress her like a little girl from the beginning of the Queen's reign I don't know.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

HM always wears lovely colors so I doubt her intention was to look like she was ready to attend a fashion show and as for The Duke of Edinburgh he looked as he always does handsome and very well dressed... more so than even Andrew.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

What? Easter is traditionally a joyous occasion, and people tend to dress for church in bright colors and bright hats to mark that.
What would you have had them wear?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's where William and Kate were
Quote:
William and Kate surprised Royal watchers at Crathie today when they went to Church with Charles and Camilla.” — @DonaldStewartPh
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Majesty

Thank to everyone for all the pictures, articles and videos. It's lovely to see the family come together to celebrate the Day of Resurrection. I think everyone looked appropriate. As for Lady Louise looking like a child from the 1950s, it's refreshing from all the current fads that have little girls dressing like teenagers. Louise was looking age-appropriate, plain and simple. Her parents are teaching her to dress like well, a lady, and not a girl who has no self-respect and flaunts all her...assets.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Where is Beatrice???
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank to everyone for all the pictures, articles and videos. It's lovely to see the family come together to celebrate the Day of Resurrection. I think everyone looked appropriate. As for Lady Louise looking like a child from the 1950s, it's refreshing from all the current fads that have little girls dressing like teenagers. Louise was looking age-appropriate, plain and simple. Her parents are teaching her to dress like well, a lady, and not a girl who has no self-respect and flaunts all her...assets.
I agree, I like Lady Louise's ensemble, it looks like she put it together herself which is adorable. She has grown up so much in the past year, she is becoming a young lady. She has such beautiful hair and a big smile, she is lovely. I agree the outfit was a bit...old fashioned, but it really suited her and suits her apppearance.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Here's where William and Kate were
Thanks for this ghost_night. So after all the speculation we can be relieved that both the future heads of the Church of England attended church on Easter Sunday.

It's also weird that William would choose to spend the holiday with his father given that he apparently hates him .
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Grandma's girls Eugenie and Louise join Queen at Easter service
The Queen attends Easter service at Windsor Castle - hellomagazine.com

http://www.purepeople.com/article/pa...llent_a98784/1

Quote:
The Easter Matins service where three generations of the Royal family gathered for the traditional Easter Sunday service at Saint George's Chapel in Windsor Castle
Windsor, England - 08.04.12
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...85&version=caf

Quote:
The granddaughters of Queen Elizabeth focus attention on the traditional Easter service
http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_ing...-semana-santa/

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...nta%2F&act=url
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

So happy to see the lovely Louise !
Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope they all had a happy Easter Sunday!! Eugenie and Sophie looked particularly elegant and little Louise is really cute!!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Spletnik -Royal Easter 2012
Old 04-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Majesty

I love Louise's fashion statements. I remember getting a kick out the little combination of pink jacket, green rain boots and gloves from several years back. I think she has her own sense of style, and she wants to show it off, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can definitely see her own influence in the blue ensemble, and it's great, especially since it was nothing outrageous. Wonder if she chose to disregard the coat, because she wore it for Christmas, and didn't want to look 'the same' again (though Sophie was being the conscious parent and bringing it along, in case her daughter decided to want to wear it).

Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I LOVED the green wellington frog boots paired with her gloves. She looked freakin' adorable! I like that she obviously has her own little style, though I imagine Sophie has some input as we always see Louise in little old fashioned dresses. I loved her outfit at the Royal Horse Show last year, especially her flatcap. She's a cutie either way, and I liked that Sophie was carrying her coat, just incase it did get cold. I loved the images of Edward holding out his hand for Louise to take as they walked into church, and then Sophie holding her hand as they walked off. We rarely see them with their children, whereas we saw his siblings with their kids all the time. It's lovely to see them with their little ones, being a parent and such.

There is a video on Gettyimages of the Easter departures and towards the end you see Eugenie putting the flowers into another car and you can hear Sophie call her "Eug", when asking her to put the flowers into the car. That was lovely, nice that they call her Eug and not always Eugenie.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Like you, I get very excited when the Wessexes are out and about with their children. Edward and Sophie appear to love being parents, and it's wonderful to witness (even if it's rarely and in small amounts). I'm thinking that Louise may be a very 'girly' girl, because we have yet to see her in any sort of trousers (though we did see her in jeans for the Windsor Horse Show last May). From her hamming it up at the Royal Wedding, I think she enjoys being dressed up, and feels comfortable in that type of attire as well.

I've read somewhere that 'Eug' is what Eugenie goes by when among family and friends, and it's nice to see that it carries into public duties. I know that Catherine goes by 'Catherine' when in public, but is 'Kate' to friends and family. Little moments of informality make the Royal Family more approachable, if you will.

Closed Thread