British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The heat may have something to do with the fact that they opted to not wear a suit, and the fact that it's a sport-themed engagement.

Oh my goodness! I know it is not supposed to be about the dress.

BUT have you ever seen such a frumpy horrible A line dress in your life.

Kate - take some style tips from Elizabeth TAYLOR in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof to see how its done! Now that really is a white dress!

She needs a Catherine Walker to help her get it together. Yes I know its only playing table tennis but that dress is embarrassing!

Honestly? Embarrassing? No-one should take style tips from Elizabeth Taylor, given she had some of the worst taste in fashion and jewellery ever.

This is nowhere near the worst A line dress I've ever seen, and if it is for you then you must have lived the kind of charmed life the rest of us can only dream of.

Last edited:
I think she looked good. The dress is lovely I thought. Simple and appropriate for the event they were at.

Honestly? Embarrassing? No-one should take style tips from Elizabeth Taylor, given she had some of the worst taste in fashion and jewellery ever.

This is nowhere near the worst A line dress I've ever seen, and if it is for you then you must have lived the kind of charmed life the rest of us can only dream of.

Elizabeth Taylor's personal style may have been a bit much, bu the dress she wore in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is, IMO, impeccable. It's definitely a classic.

I agree that there's hardly anything embarrassing about Kate's dress. It's not my favorite, but it's perfectly nice.

Without getting too off topic,I think we can agree that most women have an on and off fashion day...and Catherine and Elizabeth Taylor are no different. But Elizabeth Taylor (the acting and the clothes considering she lost her husband in a tragic plane accident) in Cat on a Hot Tin roof is SUPERB!

That being said, I think it was entirely appropriate what she wore today (I too would have gone with the ballet flats) but what is more important than her attire was that all three (William, Harry and Catherine) appeared to enjoy the day.

Kate really is 30 going on 70 even though I think she only does dress like this to suck up to the royals ie not trying to be a fashion item as they seem to hate that kind of thing. That's why it's so hilarious when the media still try to tell us what a fashion icon she is as she is clearly frumpy and for her own reasons seems to want to be so. Yet the media want their new Diana and won't let the fact that Kate and the queen could be sharing outfits get in the way of it, ha, ha!

Last edited:
Kate really is 30 going on 70 even though I think she only does dress like this to suck up to the royals ie not trying to be a fashion item as they seem to hate that kind of thing. That's why it's so hilarious when the media still try to tell us what a fashion icon she is as she is clearly frumpy and for her own reasons seems to want to be so. Yet the media want their new Diana and won't let the fact that Kate and the queen could be sharing outfits get in the way of it, ha, ha!

Apparently a lot of young women disagree with you since everything she wears sells out and stores have to reorder in order to meet demand from buyers. In fact some British stores and designers are opening shops in the US to meet demands from America for fashions that Catherine has worn. The socalled Kate effect has had a very positive impact on retail sales.

wasnt there a 4 hour gap between engagements....sounds like they had different plans for the time in between.

ITNSource also has a video which includes Sophie's walkabout and talking to some people.

I have to say, I do love men in kilts! They all look very handsome.

A man in a kilt lifts one's spirits. I love it when Prince Phillip does so! I know P Harry and the Duke of Cambridge wore kilts when younger, but hey need to get back in the habit!

A man in a kilt lifts one's spirits. I love it when Prince Phillip does so! I know P Harry and the Duke of Cambridge wore kilts when younger, but hey need to get back in the habit!

Now make up your mind, do you want them in a kilt or a habit? ;):flowers:

Sorry OT :)

Now make up your mind, do you want them in a kilt or a habit? ;):flowers:

Sorry OT :)

This cracked me up :ROFLMAO:. Seeing them in a habit would be rather scary and creepy, I think :eek:, but the visual is still funny.

I just wish she would have smiled this way at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. I think it would have made all the difference as to her appearing to have enjoyed the joke of her parachuting into the stadium.

Her Majesty looks so solemn and exhausted. My heart goes out to her. I'm sure having family around makes dealing with the whole ordeal a little easier.

She does look a tad worn. Poor thing, I feel sad for her. She looks like she is tired and maybe worried. I wonder what she is thinking?

It's the Braemar Highland Gathering today, meaning we'll almost certainly see a few royals today.
The Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla are usually there, and Prince Philip might join them too if he feels strong enough.

The Queen and Prince Philip attended the Braemar Highland Games at The Princess Royal and Duke of Fife Memorial Park today.
The Braemar Gathering is the most famous of the Highland Games. The Gathering has a long history and in its modern form it stretches back nearly 200 years.

There are just a couple of pictures so far, so here they are:

- The Queen and Prince Philip 1
- The Queen and Prince Philip 2
- Prince Philip

- Princess Anne, Prince Philip, the Queen, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall
- The Queen, Prince Philip and Prince Charles

Last edited:

All I can say is that in this picture, Philip does not look his 91 years of age at all. Its good to see him looking so well.

I think these games are an annual outing that the family really enjoys immensely. HM sure seems to be having a good time and so is Charles.

Gotta love men in kilts! :D

Her Majesty looks particularly beautiful in lavender. The Duke of Edinburgh looks really good.

Lovely, all. Anyone know what tartans the DOE and POW have on? The Queen looks spectacular in that pale heathery lavender.

Does anyone know what they are always laughing at in these games? We have a local Scots games and I've never seen similar reason to laugh so hard - but then we may be doing things differently (wrong?) over here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Princess Royal and her husband Tim Laurence, Viscount and Viscountess Linley and their children Charles and Margarita were also there, as can be seen in this video by the BBC:

Queen and Duke visit Highland Games

Lovely to see the Linley's there, especially their children. Margarita is a beautiful little doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom