British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another video from today :)

Thank you for the video clip! It appeared to be a lovely day, even with the misty and a little dreary weather.

Well, now I know how to pronounce "Strathearn." My Midwestern US roots don't serve me well with the Scottish dialect.

You and me both! Glad I learned this before I stepped out in front of my British neighbors and made a fool out of myself when talking about their Royals (mind you my neighbors are not die-hard monarchists, but they do respect the Queen and the traditions that she [and her Heirs] represent).

I see that the stress of the pronunciation is on the second syllable, not the first as I always thought.

I thought the same thing, and have been saying it that way when telling my non-royal-watching acquaintances what William's titles were on the day of his wedding. Now I can say it properly (and I'm a disgusting stickler to that kind of thing, which will probably drive my future students insane :D).

The Duke of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor are watching the Women's Final at Wimbledon today with comedians Michael McIntyre and Miranda Hart.

So who else was yesterday at the Ladies' Singles Final? I've heard about the Duchess of Kent. Is that true?
And today the whole Great Britain is watchning the Men's Final while Mr Murray is fighting to make history. A lot of Royals, government and other VIPs are naturally there at the Central Court at Wimbledon. The Duchess of Cambridge and Pippa Middleton cheer on Murray - Telegraph

Last edited:
Brought over from the Royals at Wimbledon thread;

Alot of royals in attendance at wimbldon this year
Lady Nicholas Windsor was with her father in law at the Ladies Single Final on Saturday
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
At the mens singles final ive so far see - the Duke of Kent, Lady Helen and Tim Taylor, Lady Nicolas Windsor, Duchess of Gloucester and Duchess of Cambridge with sister Pippa

In the clip of Andy giving his speech, I am sure I can see Princess Alexandra beside Lady Helen and the Duchess of Gloucester beside Alexandra. I could be mistaken though. I also spotted Lady Frederik Windsor a few rows behind Catherine and Pippa.

Andrew and Charles attend Wimbledon, do Anne and Edward ever attend?

:previous:
Princess Anne attended Wimbledon in 1967 and 1969, when she presented the trophy to Ann Jones who won the Women's singles final that year.
Prince Edward has never attended Wimbledon, to the best of my knowledge.

The last time Prince Charles had attended (before this year) was back in 1970.

In the clip of Andy giving his speech, I am sure I can see Princess Alexandra beside Lady Helen and the Duchess of Gloucester beside Alexandra. I could be mistaken though. I also spotted Lady Frederik Windsor a few rows behind Catherine and Pippa.

Yep, they were all there, plus Freddie and the Michaels... The Duchess of Kent attended Day 11 - http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6t2ifT4Rr1r5ljkwo1_1280.jpg

It's really nice to see the Duchess more often these days!

I'm amused, this visit is being discussed in three threads! :lol:

Why would it be discussed anywhere else given it involves two different members of the BRF?

EIIR said:
Why would it be discussed anywhere else given it involves two different members of the BRF?

Because for me it was an official engagement for Charles and Camilla not William, he was just at work showing his father around although he got a bit of special treatment.

I had to chuckle at the caption on one of the photos that's listed in one of the articles posted on either Charles' thread or William's. It was a replay of when HM also toured the RAF base. The caption stated that William was obviously trying to shrink (he definitely towered over HM by far) but to any really trained eye, you can tell he's doing quite the formal bow to his sovereign. :)

(Prince William misses rescue mission to show Charles around RAF Valley - Mirror Online. courtesy of ghost_night's post)

I don't see where someone filling in for William on a scramble because his father was due to visit the base is any real big deal. I imagine it happens quite often among all the crew if something should arise that warrants it.

Yep, Osipi, that's a properly executed British bow. From the neck, not the waist.

I think that you can really see a similarity between Charles and William in this picture. Thank you for the videos and articles.

Thank you to all who shared pictures and videos of Prince Charles's visit to his son's RAF base. It definitely looked like both were enjoying their interaction.

:previous:
Princess Anne attended Wimbledon in 1967 and 1969, when she presented the trophy to Ann Jones who won the Women's singles final that year.
Prince Edward has never attended Wimbledon, to the best of my knowledge.

The last time Prince Charles had attended (before this year) was back in 1970.

princess anne is a really pretty girl but eww who is that woman behind her in 1967 :ohmy:
and oh you gotta love prince charles expressions :lol:
and also thankyou for sharing these were amazing

Last edited:
I posted this on the Cambridges' 'Current Events' thread, but posting it here as well since Harry is involved. Mods, feel free to move if necessary.

From 'MAJESTY' Magazine's facebook page:

ST JAMES'S PALACE

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a sports-themed event at Bacon’s College, London SE16, on 26 July to launch the Coach Core programme, a partnership between their Foundation and Greenhouse.

The Duke and Duchess and Prince Harry will join approximately 100 young people taking part in a sports festival. The festival will launch a new programme called Coach Core that The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry is supporting in partnership with the charity Greenhouse. The Greenhouse charity will be running the day, which will take place at Bacon’s College, Rotherhithe.

Their Royal Highnesses will meet some of the new Coach Core trainees involved in the programme and observe various sports such as Football, Basketball, Judo and Table Tennis. There will be three speeches following the sporting events, including a speech given by The Duke of Cambridge, one from Michael de Giorgio, the Chief Executive of Greenhouse, and a short personal contribution from a young person on their personal experience of the programme.

Coach Core aims to train a new generation of sports coaches. The programme will train 16-19 year olds to become qualified coaches and mentors for their schools and communities. These talented young sportsmen and women will be able to inspire their students and build a future for themselves in sport.

The Coach Core programme is being piloted (and implemented) by Greenhouse. Greenhouse places inspirational coaches into schools across London’s most disadvantaged communities. The coaches run full-time programmes, working to engage young people in their education and community, whilst improving their health and well-being.

If the pilot is successful, The Foundation aim to roll out the Coach Core programme to other sectors where inspirational young coaches can become role models for and inspire young people.

More information about The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry and the Greenhouse charity can be found at the following websites: The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Greenhouse Charity

Timing and Media Opportunities (NOT for publication or Broadcast):
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will arrive at Bacon’s College at approximately 1130 hrs. This will be covered by a Limited Fixed Point

I'm doing the Coach Core updates here and Olympic torch updates in the BRF at the Olympics thread

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter On my way to cover William, Kate and Harry launching a new sports coaching initiative for 16-19 year olds this morning.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal heading for East London - #William, #Kate and #PrinceHarry all together at charity event to inspire kids through sports coaching
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William, #Kate & #princeharry to watch separate sport/coaching demos - Harry became qualified touch rugby coach during 2004 gap-year
https://twitter.com/phildampier
phil dampier ‏@phildampier #royals #olympics Will Kate and Harry will all be seeing youngsters coached in East London today. Three will carry Olympic torch

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
I'm with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry in south London today as they encourage young people to become sports coaches

Last edited:
Will, Kate and Harry have arrived at Bacon's College. Kate is wearing a cream dress with a kind of grey check/plaid pattern, with a while belt. She looks great, very summery. Hair is down so we'll hear the predictable wailing about her not wearing it up. William and Harry are in shirt sleeves and slacks.

EDIT

If this is the wrong place for this, perhaps a mod could move my post?

Here's a pic of William and Kate by Rebecca English:

http://yfrog.com/oe6zwubvj

Last edited:
Cut-price Kate sports a £35 dress from Hobbs as she joins the country in countdown to Olympic Games
With just a day to go before the opening of the London Olympics, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry were entering into the spirit of the Games today. Kate and the two princes were attending the launch of a new sports project in south east London that aims to train the next generation of sports coaches. Young trainers were putting some 100 students through their paces for the royal trio, whose charitable foundation is supporting the initiative.
Some lovely (and clear) pictures in the article:
- William, Kate and Harry 1
- William, Kate and Harry 2
- William and Kate

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty

Last edited:
standard off-duty miliary wear - sort of an out-of-uniform uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom