British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article and photos and sweet interplay between Kate and Savannah. Thanks for posting, crm.

Last edited:
I know; can't you just visualize that little girl as theirs? Nice pix, BTW.

I SO could ugh they seriously kill me with pix like these^btw for those wondering the little girl is Peter and Autumn Phillips' daughter Savannah so Will and Kate would be aunt and uncle to her(least in my tradition)

Last edited:
Children and dogs and doting adults, can't get more adorable than that.

I SO could ugh they seriously kill me with pix like these^btw for those wondering the little girl is Peter and Autumn Phillips' daughter Savannah so Will and Kate would be aunt and uncle to her(least in my tradition)
Sorry, the only Aunt these children have is Zara.William is Peters cousin not brother.

I think Ghost probably means honorary aunt and uncle rather than the second cousins the children actually are to William.

Last edited:
Well in my tradition, Greek orthodox the cousins are usually aunt and uncle too not just brothers or sisters so that's why I added(in my tradition) in brackets like that. But for them ya honorary aunt and uncle since I highly doubt they'd see Wills and Kate as their cousins atleast not right now, not at this age. When I was younger I called my cousins aunt and uncle because they were so much older then me until I got to an age where it felt ok for me to call them my cousins.

Last edited:
I didn't know that, so thanks for the explanation, Ghost. Many times as a matter of respect in families, calling an older relative aunt or uncle even when they weren't would be commonplace when younger. I actually did that for close neighbors when I was a kid, and graduated to first names when older. It's really great to see some of the young royals hanging out together and sharing common interests; looks like a close-knit family among certain of the younger generation.

Last edited:
ghost_night554 said:
Well in my tradition, Greek orthodox the cousins are usually aunt and uncle too not just brothers or sisters so that's why I added(in my tradition) in brackets like that. But for them ya honorary aunt and uncle since I highly doubt they'd see Wills and Kate as their cousins atleast not right now, not at this age. When I was younger I called my cousins aunt and uncle because they were so much older then me until I got to an age where it felt ok for me to call them my cousins.

I too remember as a child calling my mom's cousins aunt and uncle.... they were adults and they were family, they weren't grandparents or parents ...so i guess that made them aunts and uncles. Conversely my mom was much younger than her brothers and sisters and it seemed as though my older cousins just called her by her first name as opposed to the Aunt title. probably similar to Louise and James relationship to Savannah and Isla. It is all family and all good. Nice to see them all hanging out because the like each other not because it is a family event.

We have pretty much the same thing going on in the Russian tradition (at least in my family). Older cousins are seen as more 'Aunt/Uncle' rather than a cousin. I also read that Lady Louise refers to William and Catherine as 'Aunt and Uncle' (it was in one of the articles that dealt with her breaking her arm and Catherine was supposed to stop by with Lupo, and supposedly Louise was excited that 'Aunt Kate' was visiting her). The pictures are very sweet. Will and Kate will be great parents when the time comes. And Lupo is getting huge.

I can understand children calling their much older cousins Auntie or Uncle. Heck, all through my childhood I called one of my best friend's dad Uncle Neville, even though we weren't related in the slightest. It just seemed natural.

Sooo cute! P.S. Daria I'll get back to your PM just give me till Monday hah I've barely been home in the last 2 days as you know :)

Please don't worry :flowers:. I completely understand that you're busy. Take your time, and catch your breath. I know you haven't forgotten me and I appreciate it :D.

Little Savannah must have been in toddler heaven; her aunt and big cousins giving her all the attention she could have wanted. How sweet. I can't wait to watch William and Catherine chase their own little ones around the polo field (or the seating area of one).

I think there's a glimpse of little Isla in the isopix pictures that Ghost very kindly posted.

wow! I am in shock!!!! sooooooooo sweet images! william with lupo in arms in adorable and kate with savannah too. but the best of the day, At last we can see isla!!!!!

Man's best friend: Lupo the Cocker Spaniel puppy rivals Kate for William's affection
When it comes to the bond between a man and his dog, few women can compete - even if they are the future Queen. Kate Middleton turned out today to watch her husband Prince William and his brother Harry in action at a charity polo event in Gloucestershire. But she had to play second fiddle as the Duke of Cambridge shared a tender moment with his beloved Cocker Spaniel puppy Lupo.
Loads of lovely pictures. Little Savannah is certainly one cute girl - no wonder she's the centre of everyone's attention. :)

OMG how cute is Savannah! All the images with the adults all doting on her are fantastic! She and her sister are going to be 2 loved little girls. How wonderful. Also, I live in the South in the US, and we call older adults that are close to our families Aunt & Uncle a lot. Case in point, our neighbors little girl calls my husband and I, Aunt and Uncle. Just a sign of respect down here for us.

I'm dying over Savannah yanking on Lupo's leash and Kate trying to prevent him from getting strangled! Baby girls, baby dogs, kisses, cuddles...it's too much; I've got so many cavities from this sugar overload, I've got to get to the dentist tomorrow!

Last edited:
To anyone who is interested in genealogy, you will find that Savannah is First cousin once removed from William. Williams children will be Second cousins to Savannah. I had the hardest time figuring out my husbands family because of them calling cousins and friends Aunt and Uncle when they weren't. His grandfather had 3 wives and 23 children. I finally entered it all into the LDS's, PAFcomputer program and was able to sort it out back to 1808. His Grandmother's Mother had also been married twice. Putting is down on paper was the only way to get a handle on it. It just took me 40 years to sort it out.

some big photo of isla??? I cant open the photos from rex and isifa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom