The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Everyone looks so happy to be there, and it's so great to see the family coming out in force for these gatherings. It's lovely and so good to see them all communicating with one another. I wonder why Edward wasn't there? Sophie looked a bit lonely walking up the aisle of Westminster alone.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Another family event! I just love these; hope they'll continue doing some even after the Jubilee celebrations.

It was great to see the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales so happy and at ease.
Love the facial expressions! Amazed at Phillip's energy!
It's official! Pink is my favorite color on the Queen, ( subject to change)

Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!
1st pic- The expression on Camilla's face! Wonder what was so funny?
2nd pic- Same here. Cannot beat that smile!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during many of the conversations some images show, no doubt they would be amusing, especially if Philip was involved. I would have LOVED to know what Sophie and Philip were discussing in the images taken at The Epsom Derby last year.

The Queen has such an amazing smile, she's always so happy.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during many of the conversations some images show, no doubt they would be amusing, especially if Philip was involved. I would have LOVED to know what Sophie and Philip were discussing in the images taken at The Epsom Derby last year.*

The Queen has such an amazing smile, she's always so happy.
* Can you post those pics please?
With Prince Phillip, there is bound to be laughter , I agree.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
* Can you post those pics please?
With Prince Phillip, there is bound to be laughter , I agree.
Sophie and Philip + Sophie and Philip 2

I am sure there are many others, but in these two Philip appears to be saying something amusing, as always.

Anywho, I hope some videos are released of this day, even if it is just arrivals and departures.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!
Camilla looks like she's eyeballing Sophie's feather chicken and wondering if it lays brown eggs or white!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I can't help but think that was exactly what Camilla was thinking!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Sophie and Philip + Sophie and Philip 2

I am sure there are many others, but in these two Philip appears to be saying something amusing, as always.

Anywho, I hope some videos are released of this day, even if it is just arrivals and departures.
I love those pictures! Sophie is trying really hard not to bust out laughing, but is failing miserably . Philip looks like he's really amused by his own joke and Sophie's reaction to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Camilla looks like she's eyeballing Sophie's feather chicken and wondering if it lays brown eggs or white!
, and that's all I can say here, because, really, you've expressed it perfectly .

Quote:
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this since the Diamond Jubilee thread is closed.

An exhibition has just opened at the Queens Gallery in Edinburgh, Scotland marking Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee. It reflects the tastes of monarchs and other members of the royal family who have shaped one of the world’s great art collections. Some highlights of the exhibition:
- Two portraits by Rembrandt including the Agatha Bas portrait
- Collection of royal miniatures, including that of Mary, Queen of Scots
- A gold crown presented to Queen Victoria (a highly unusual creation)
- A casket presented to Queen Elizabeth (later Queen Mother) in 1936
- A collection of portraits and other works of art
Now that's an exhibit I'd love to visit. So many treasures for the eye, and history nerd to enjoy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Good one! Perfect caption too!
Quote:

I can't help but think that was exactly what Camilla was thinking!
Same here.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Hats off to the Queen of the Commonwealth
Hats off to the Queen of the Commonwealth - hellomagazine.com
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Marine for the link, i've just noticed from the image in that article that Sophie isn't wearing her engagement ring. Wow. I have never seen her not wear it.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine2109 View Post
I love the side to side photo of the Queen, and Duchess of Cornwall in pink and purple. As someone said that is how you do pink and purple!
Stunning!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Two beautiful, intense colors complementing each other so well; just can't get any better than this. That deep amethyst purple is to die for. I hope we see more of this color coordination among the family members with their joint appearances.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles, Camilla and Kate have just arrived at Dulwich picture gallery. She's changed since this morning's outing. I couldn't see it clearly but it's grey.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge visited The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts at Dulwich Picture Gallery.
I love what Kate is wearing, Prince Charles looks impeccable as always, but Camilla really disappointed me; the outfit is too matronly, and the bag doesn't go with the rest of the ensemble. Still, I really, really do love this family events.

First Gallery from Getty.
Second Gallery from Getty.
Gallery from Zimbio.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

A better look at Kate's outfit:

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/141376208
Old 03-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The BBC news correspondent said, apparently there will be pictures of the Prince of Wales ironing as part of today's visit!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The BBC news correspondent said, apparently there will be pictures of the Prince of Wales ironing as part of today's visit!
I'd rather see him pressing toothpaste on his brush....
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Charles and Camilla show Kate the art of royal duty
Quote:
Prince Charles vowed to help his daughter-in-law blossom into an inspiring and confident working royal when Kate married his son last year. And after nearly a year of royal duty, the Duchess of Cambridge appears confident and at ease in the limelight.
- Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Cambridge
- Prince Charles, Camilla and Kate arriving
- Kate and Camilla making new friends
- Prince Charles and Kate
- Prince Charles
- Camilla
- Kate

Closed Thread