The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Compared to the Fortnum & Mason visit last week, it seemed that the Queen and Catherine spent a lot more time chatting. It's only natural, seeing as they were seated next to each other during the fashion show and Philip was off elsewhere. I do wonder if Catherine has given the Queen any sort of fashion tips.

My understanding is that they took the Royal Train to Leicester, which would be a first for Catherine. However, from all the media reports, it sounds more like they took an ordinary scheduled train. Can anyone clear up my confusion?
Everyone, including me, assumed that they would take the Royal Train, but they actually travelled on a normal scheduled service. Given the expense involved in taking the RT out, I'd say HM will use it less than during her Golden Jubilee.

Kate would have to be pretty brave to give HM fashion tips. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

personally, I like to think that during the fashion show - Kate was leaning over and pointing out some lovely pieces that the Princess Royal might enjoy

Old 03-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I like the outfit but feel it was spoilt by the dress/skirt being too too short!

Home | Mail Online
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Majesty

I love the pictures of Catherine and Her Majesty interacting with children. The kids are smiling like they've just won the lottery .

It's wonderful to see the family working together, especially during such a big year. I'm happy to see Catherine fitting in; at times it seems like she's been there all along, because the transition is so seamless. Now I'm really excited about the engagement with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. Thank you to everyone for great pictures and videos.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There's a lovely article from Robert Hardman in the Daily Mail, about how they liked seeing Catherine but it was really The Queen they came to see.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The article mentioned by Lumutqueen. It's indeed a rather nice article.

They loved Kate but it was the lady in cerise they REALLY came to see

Quote:
Trying to reflect the full span of the Queen’s reign and of those who have lived within it is the monumental challenge of this Jubilee. So she had invited a more recent royal recruit along to join her and Prince Philip for Day One.
And for the Duchess of Cambridge – who told one onlooker that she is missing her Falklands-based Prince ‘terribly’ – here was a perfect tutorial from the master.

"You just want to be able to tell your grandchildren you saw the Queen at her Diamond Jubilee..."
Old 03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Kate confesses she 'misses' her pilot Prince
Kate confesses she 'misses' her pilot Prince - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Ten thousand flags and yards of bunting to kick off celebrations
Ten thousand flags and yards of bunting to kick off celebrations - hellomagazine.com

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ka...reine_a97257/1
Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Very Very Nice Video , The Queen Look Nice and Duchess Of Cambridge Look Really Gorgeous , Thank You For Posting This Video ghost night554
Very Nice Pictures , Really Kate Look WOW in This Event I Like The Color The Outfit Design She Look Fantastic Indeed Thank You marine2109
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess
of Wessex and the Duke of Gloucester attended the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service
on March 12, 2012 in London. The theme for this year's Observance Service, attended by representatives
from the Commonwealth countries is 'Connecting Cultures'.

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **
Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Countess
of Wessex and the Duke of Gloucester attended the annual Commonwealth Day Observance Service
on March 12, 2012 in London. The theme for this year's Observance Service, attended by representatives
from the Commonwealth countries is 'Connecting Cultures'.

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **
Thanks for these! One thing I admire about The Duchess of Cornwall is that she always looks pleased to be there, wherever she might be.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Very colorful ensemble of people there. Which church is that? I love the way the intensity of the shades worn by HM and the Duchess of Cornwall coordinate so well - that's the way to do pink and purple!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's Westminster Abbey.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful complementary colors between the two royal ladies and so intense. Love it!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Thanks for these! One thing I admire about The Duchess of Cornwall is that she always looks pleased to be there, wherever she might be.
I agree with you. I think it is really as important attribute for a "senior" royal to appear to be delighted to be someplace.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Majesty

Lovely images, and Her Majesty and the Duchess of Cornwall looked absolutely splendid in their bright colors. I love the royal purple on Camila, along with her genuine smile.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Another family event! I just love these; hope they'll continue doing some even after the Jubilee celebrations.
- The Queen looked marvellous; pink really suits her.
- The Duchess of Cornwall was equally brilliant in purple. Love the hat and the brooch!
- The Countess of Wessex looked lovely. Not very keen on the hat, but otherwise just beautiful.

It was great to see the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales so happy and at ease.
Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Another family event! I just love these; hope they'll continue doing some even after the Jubilee celebrations.
- The Queen looked marvellous; pink really suits her.
- The Duchess of Cornwall was equally brilliant in purple. Love the hat and the brooch!
- The Countess of Wessex looked lovely. Not very keen on the hat, but otherwise just beautiful.

It was great to see the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales so happy and at ease.
Mind you, the royal ladies appeared to have fun as well; I just love this picture of Her Majesty!
I love your commentary . I agree about Sophie's hat. It's a bit...strange. I love the smiles on everyone's faces. The last picture of Her Majesty is extremely endearing.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Resplendent in pink: Queen shines in fuchsia suit as she attends Westminster Abbey with Prince Philip today | Mail Online
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Very Very Beautifull Pictures , All Of Them Looks Very Nice The Queen She Looks Beautiful With Bright Pink , Duchess Camila Looks Nice Too and The Purple Color Very Nice , and I Like Countess Of Wessex Outfit Completely Elegant , Thanx For All