The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

All three royals at St Pancras

Close up of Kate

Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Gentry

I love the Queen's brooch. She looks wonderful for today's visit.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently some of the crowds have been waiting since midnight to get a good spot. I would say there are thousands of people there.

The royals now conducting a walkabout.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh And Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Leicester. March 08, 2012

Getty Images - Cerca: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh And Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Leicester

Zimbio
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

great great great!!!!! the royal jubilee start!!! It's toooooo nica see the queen and the future queen together!!!! kate look so relax!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Courtier

Watch live: Reuters Live Stream
Old 03-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Queen must have given Kate some subtle coaching on allowing for a good picture :) At their last joint engagement together, there weren't very many good pictures of them both looking at the camera at the same time. They seem much more in sync on this engagement.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Report from the Telegraph, including video:

Kate Middleton starts Diamond Jubilee tour with Queen - Telegraph

Lots of really big pictures and a video from the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ilee-tour.html
Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

This was so cute
Quote:
@RossLydall: Kate was asked about William on her visit to Leicester and replied: "He's fine but I'm missing him desperately.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Majesty

Kate Middleton Sports A Peplum For Diamond Jubilee! (PHOTOS)
Old 03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Style on the Royal express: Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen board train on first day of Diamond Jubilee tour
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge and the Queen gave a lesson in how to travel in style today as they kicked off the Diamond Jubilee tour of the UK. The Royals looked a far cry from the average train commuter, causing quite a stir at St Pancras station in London.
Kate looked to the 1940's for inspiration, wearing an elegant teal peplum suit by L.K. Bennett and James Lock hat. The Queen wore a cerise cashmere dress and coat with black trim by Angela Kelly, and a matching hat by the same designer.
Some pictures:
- The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duchess of Cambridge
- The Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge
- The Queen and Kate applaud at a plaque unveiling ceremony
- The Duchess of Cambridge talking to Her Majesty
- The Queen is presented with a bouquet of flowers
- Kate with her flowers
- Kate walking discreetly behind the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Courtier

As usual, Kate looks fabulous.

I suspect she wore a darker color so as not to upstage HM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

And probably because of the loss of six British soldiers that were killed in Afghanistan. Kate is married to an officer of the British Army, so it was only appropriate to wear darker colours out of respect.

I find it really nice that the entire Royal Family has sort of taken the task of protecting and taking care of Kate in William's absence. This joint engagements with senior members of the Royal Family, warm interactions between Kate and her in-laws - it all sends rather hopeful signals for future.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite like Catherine's coat, and so lovely to see her with Philip and the Queen. Nice to see them all interacting with everyone. I do love Philip's stance, he always looks like he's watching in amusement, thinking of a witty comment, wondering what on Earth the people in front of him are doing.

Just read that the Queen will be attending a service for Commonwealth Day on 12.3.12 at Westminster, along with Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla and Sophie. Another little family day out.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke Of Edinburgh And Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Leicester. March 08, 2012

Zimbio
Love these pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
All the pics of Kate with kids, and the Queen accepting flowers from little ones melt my heart.... Such a Granny the Queen is!
A couple of the photos are - the first one- the Queen looking all serious, and Kate smiling away!
And then the one just before the image and details of Kate's outfit, the DOE looks like he is saying " Where is our train? This way?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I quite like Catherine's coat, and so lovely to see her with Philip and the Queen. Nice to see them all interacting with everyone. I do love Philip's stance, he always looks like he's watching in amusement, thinking of a witty comment, wondering what on Earth the people in front of him are doing.

Just read that the Queen will be attending a service for Commonwealth Day on 12.3.12 at Westminster, along with Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla and Sophie. Another little family day out.
And on the fifteenth, the Duchess of Cambridge will accompany the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to his children and arts charity.

I am LOVING all of these family engagements! So nice to see them all working together.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
And on the fifteenth, the Duchess of Cambridge will accompany the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to his children and arts charity.

I am LOVING all of these family engagements! So nice to see them all working together.
Nice they are bringing Catherine along too, I think it's great they are all working together this year. Really nice to see the family together in occasions other than Christmas and Easter.

The poster they all signed was lovely, and it still amuses me that they all just sign their Christian name. I know they have no surname technically to sign, but it just highlights their royal status. "The name's just Catherine."
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen has lightened up quite a bit since her mother died 10 years ago. When she was alive The Queen Mother fulfilled the role of National Grandmother and now The Queen has takem on the role of smiling grandmother. It seems to make her much more approachable.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Hear, hear!
I absolutely love the family engagements; the fact Windsors are putting a united front and embracing their newest member is quite heart-warming.

Closed Thread