British Royal Family Current Events 5: July 2011-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was hard to listen to that first youtube video so I had to jack up the volume and try to screen out certain sounds but I definitely heard the Queen say that she "didn't approve" of something maybe it was meant as a joke but I did hear it. The video shows
just clips as they move from room to room. Catherine mentions something about purple.. not sure what she's talking about.... i'll have to study the conversation more.

You made me laugh with this Kate and William Inc. and ROI remarks, Fascinator!

I also thought it was strange that they didn't display William's uniform together with the wedding gown, after all, I don't think he'll need to wear it this summer. Of course, given all the fuss made around Pippa's dress, I wasn't expecting it to be part of the exhibit, but nothing would have prevented them from also showing the bridesmades' and pages' outfits, they were all part of the show.

Hi Skippy. I was thinking my Whitewater wisecrack slipped completely under the radar :cool:

Pippa's dress should certainly be displayed. The button work (if that's the term) down the back was exquisite.

I'm still reeling from the fact that Kate's dress cost $400,000.

Finally!! I can see why the needleworking people are worth their money. In all the pictures I have looked at (and I watched the wedding at 0300 on the day!!) the detail was never shown so clearly. I think it is worth every penny paid for it, but I do think I would be aghast if the dress maker bill was really that much. Did everyone count shoes, attendant clothes, etc? I bet a huge chunk of that change is really the tiara!!

The close up's of the dress on the mannequin is amazing. You can see the detail so well compared to when she actually wore it.

What? No bag?

HM doesn't seem to have her usual handbag with her.

Hi Skippy. I was thinking my Whitewater wisecrack slipped completely under the radar :cool:

Pippa's dress should certainly be displayed. The button work (if that's the term) down the back was exquisite.

I'm still reeling from the fact that Kate's dress cost $400,000.

It's not my post you are quoting ;)

And I suppose we have differing opinions about Philippa's dress - I don't really care for it. And neither do I for her herself.
My full focus was on the bride (and in a little less extent the groom) that day, that's all that mattered to me.

I'm thinking they didn't put Harry and William's outfits up because they might need them. Ok I know it's just for the summer but still ya never know. But they should have atleast put up one of the flower girls dress next to the wedding dress.

I'm thinking they didn't put Harry and William's outfits up because they might need them. Ok I know it's just for the summer but still ya never know. But they should have atleast put up one of the flower girls dress next to the wedding dress.

Didn't the brides maids get to keep the dresses? I don't know how one would go about getting one of them for the exhibition.

And now, something that was posted on my twitter. I read it, and not quite sure what I think, if I were to be honest.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...housewife-who-would-be-queen-115875-23290018/

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe the dress cost that much. Lace can be very expensive when handmade but that seems overpriced. I still find the dress a little boring and with no real sparkle to it. I am surprised they couldn't use one of the flower girls dresses, I'm sure Lady Louise would have loved it. Pippa's dress was over rated as is Pippa I didn't like it as a bridesmaids dress it took focus of the bride and being that it was spoken about for weeks shows that it did indeed cause a stir. I do like how Catherine and the Queen get along and I would think she probably is or will call her Granny like William does. It does look very somber and sort of spooky. Maybe they will have more lighting when it opens? I do like the shoes and the earrings are lovely! I think Catherine said everyone got a piece of cake it looked nice alot of work went into it. I gather it would have been fruitcake if they are saving the top two tiers for their first childs christening!

This is just off the wall but I'm thinking that perhaps the price of the dress would also include the wages paid for seamstresses and such that worked long, hard hours to create it. From what I've been reading there were a lot of people that put a lot of time and specialized work into that dress.

I really wish I could go to BP and be able to examine it up close. It is such a beautiful creation.

Alright here it is the video where you actually hear the Queen call the dress display 'horrid'
BBC News - Queen overheard criticising Duchess wedding dress display

Didn't the brides maids get to keep the dresses? I don't know how one would go about getting one of them for the exhibition.

And now, something that was posted on my twitter. I read it, and not quite sure what I think, if I were to be honest.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...housewife-who-would-be-queen-115875-23290018/

India Hicks said on a program before the wedding that for Charles and Di's wedding they had asked for one of the girls to give up their dress for display and it ended up being little Clementine Hambro so that's why I thought maybe the same was going to occured here.

Last edited:
It seems the Queen was laughing when she called the display horrid. It also sounded like Kate sort of agreed with her - although I could be wrong since I couldn't catch the entire conversation. Either way, the media made the Queen's comment seem far harsher than it really was.

Last edited:
So true when I saw it I was like come on that's not THAT bad! I totally thought she said it in a mean way the way everyone was portraying it.

Kate goes " I know right without the head"

So she obv agreed and didn't see anything wrong with the Queen's comments.

Last edited:
^Yep. Her comment wasn't bad at all. They both seemed to be laughing about it.

Last edited:
So true when I saw it I was like come on that's not THAT bad! I totally thought she said it in a mean way the way everyone was portraying it.

Kate goes " I know right without the head"

So she obv agreed and didn't see anything wrong with the Queen's comments.

It seems they were both thoroughly amused.

Yes, the bridesmaid's did get to keep their dresses as their names are stitched into the fabric, but I do think they could've borrowed one to put on show. Perhaps the little girls did not want to part with them!

I love the Queen and all her honesty. She does not sugar coat anything, and rightly so. It does look horrid and very ghostly. I would like to go and see it, but it does look quite frightening.

They could have asked Lady Louise if she lent her dress for the exhibition in Grandma's palace... I bet the little one would have been very proud then.

Last edited:
Yes, the bridesmaid's did get to keep their dresses as their names are stitched into the fabric, but I do think they could've borrowed one to put on show. Perhaps the little girls did not want to part with them!

I love the Queen and all her honesty. She does not sugar coat anything, and rightly so. It does look horrid and very ghostly. I would like to go and see it, but it does look quite frightening.

Molly2101 :rose: just like you, I have the same opinion ;)
I really like the honesty of the Queen :flowers:

It sounded to me like HM was describing something that happened or could have happened and "wasn't that horrible" or "would have been horrible". But it's really hard to know as one only heard bits and pieces of what she was saying.

I'm just glad that we got to see HM and Catherine together without William around.
Regardless of the display and disapproval it have gotten, that dress will make big cash for the Palace. So I don't see HM really worrying about it.

I'm just glad that we got to see HM and Catherine together without William around.
Regardless of the display and disapproval it have gotten, that dress will make big cash for the Palace. So I don't see HM really worrying about it.

Exactly....

The question if the Faberge pieces are still being made :rolleyes: how about getting some information beforehand or think logically for once.
The organizers must be stunned and wont have slept well after HM's blunt remarks :p
Sorry it looks like straight out of a horror movie.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...display/0-21-993/kate-middleton-dress2--a.jpg
Well, then I guess the Queen also needs to get some information. :p She said Faberge pieces are just shoved away in cupboards, while the curator stated that they are in constant use.

Yep. They are already selling loads of tickets for this display - advance ticket sales were more than double last year's summer opening.

Last edited:
I agree with Mia Mae ..... the Monarchy needs the entrance fees to continue its mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom